Wanted: 21/22mm Offset Clamps & PC Linkage

Related:
Create New Tag

11/11/2017 2:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2017 2:50 PM

Parts are needed for a 2006 model KX250, 2-Stroke.

Clamps can be OEM, but must me from a 2002 model KX125/250 to meet my offset requirement. If clamps are Aftermarket, I’m open to any manufacturer (RG3, Applied, Pro Circuit etc).

I have no colour/finish preference, only for the clamps and linkage to be structurally perfect. Scratches and cosmetic flaws are no issue.

Thanks in advance!

|

IG/FB: @ItsJuniorJ

11/11/2017 7:59 PM

I have a pc bronze 22mm clamp set. But from a kxf. I believe they mount send me measurements of your fork clamping areas I can confirm if forks will work as my clamps are for a kit forks.

|

11/11/2017 9:06 PM

BML139 wrote:

I have a pc bronze 22mm clamp set. But from a kxf. I believe they mount send me measurements of your fork clamping areas I can confirm if forks will work as my clamps are for a kit forks.

If they’re from an ‘04-‘05 model 250F, I believe they’ll work, if they’re for a 450F I’m not so sure? As for my OEM clamps, I think they are 59mm lower and 56mm upper, but I’ll confirm ASAP.

|

IG/FB: @ItsJuniorJ

11/11/2017 9:35 PM

I think I may have a set from a 2004 kx250f. I know I have a set from an 03 kx125. I'll look tomorrow.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

11/11/2017 9:37 PM

BobPA wrote:

I think I may have a set from a 2004 kx250f. I know I have a set from an 03 kx125. I'll look tomorrow.

Great, thank you!

|

IG/FB: @ItsJuniorJ

11/13/2017 5:28 PM

Must have sold the 250f clamps. All I have is a set from an 03 125...and I think they are the same as what you have.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

11/14/2017 12:47 AM

BobPA wrote:

Must have sold the 250f clamps. All I have is a set from an 03 125...and I think they are the same as what you have.

Yeah, I believe the offset is also 25mm on the ‘03. If you of anyone aources/has an ‘02 125/250, I’ll take them.

|

IG/FB: @ItsJuniorJ

11/14/2017 5:51 AM

Top clamp 2.175" converts to 55.2mm bottom clamp 2.325" converts to 59.05mm.

If they work let me know if touch buy and can't use them ill gladly take them back and refund you (minus shipping to and from). 310$shipped Photo

Photo

|

11/14/2017 6:00 AM

BML139 wrote:

Top clamp 2.175" converts to 55.2mm bottom clamp 2.325" converts to 59.05mm.

If they work let me know if touch buy and can't use them ill gladly take them back and refund you (minus shipping to and from). 310$shipped Photo

Photo

Those numbers are pretty much exact to OEM, which bike were they fitted to?

|

IG/FB: @ItsJuniorJ

11/14/2017 6:26 AM

They fit any year kx250f or kx450f. They have the older front plate mounting style with the holes in the clamps and nipples on the front plate like the pre 12 450 and 13 250f. The 12 and in 450 and 13 on 250f have the hole in the number plate and nipples on the clamp. You can utilize a cycra number plate that mounts with the zip tie around fork. This will aloe you to run the latest style and look. I'm not sure if that's what your after.

|

11/14/2017 7:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2017 7:05 AM

BML139 wrote:

They fit any year kx250f or kx450f. They have the older front plate mounting style with the holes in the clamps and nipples on the front plate like the pre 12 450 and 13 250f. The 12 and in 450 and 13 on 250f have the hole in the number plate and nipples on the clamp. You can utilize a cycra number plate that mounts with the zip tie around fork. This will aloe you to run the latest style and look. I'm not sure if that's what your after.

Got you! I appreciate you breaking it down for me. I’m pretty sure the offset of the clamps will be a bit off from the 21mm/22mm I’m looking for with those model/year bikes, but I’ll double check.

As far as I know, the only 250F options which will work ID wise are ‘04’s & ‘05’s - but then the OEM stlye offsets are still not going to work for me.

To be sure of the offset, ‘02 OEM 125/250 clamps will work, the ‘04-‘05 250F (but 21mm/22mm aftermarket sets only, not OEM), then ‘05-‘07 250 which also need to be aftermarket 21mm/22mm offset.

I don’t want to come off as an a***ole being so specific, but the specs are to help solve a handling issue that the OEM 25mm clamps cause.

|

IG/FB: @ItsJuniorJ

11/14/2017 8:28 AM

confused by your statement.ermm

I thought offset is offset and is not depending upon what year and model the clamps are for. Its the measurement from the center of the stem to the center of where the fork mounts.

|

11/14/2017 11:31 AM

BML139 wrote:

confused by your statement.ermm

I thought offset is offset and is not depending upon what year and model the clamps are for. Its the measurement from the center of the stem to the center of where the fork mounts.

I assure you that offsets can differ in the same way that ID’s of clamps can from bike to bike, year to year. Don’t take my word for it though, look into it further and you’ll see for yourself. I’m going to go out on a limb by saying these details would likely apply to older bikes mostly, as technology has progressed and eradicated the flaws found in past model chassis/bikes.

|

IG/FB: @ItsJuniorJ