WTB: PC SFF air a kit fork tool to remove balance spring

Edited Date/Time 8/18/2020 5:11am
I’m looking for a tool to remove this blue collar that locks the balance spring onto the lower fork tube.
Thanks

|
jaredkeller96
8/17/2020 3:41pm
You won’t find one. Only about 4 in the country. Contact Jonny Oler at art of war suspension technologies. He can service them
jaredkeller96
8/17/2020 3:42pm
He’s located in North Carolina. So shipping is easy. Don’t send it to fc. They’ll have to send it to California
8/17/2020 3:46pm
I spoke with him earlier and he said he could service it but I wanted to do it myself. I might just change the fluids and run them till they need a full rebuild.
Either that or make a tool myself. I thought about getting a hole saw the needed size, cut it down the center, cut teeth to match the collar, weld tabs onto each part to bolt it back together when it’s set in place.

The Shop

jaredkeller96
8/17/2020 3:49pm
I spoke with him earlier and he said he could service it but I wanted to do it myself. I might just change the fluids and...
I spoke with him earlier and he said he could service it but I wanted to do it myself. I might just change the fluids and run them till they need a full rebuild.
Either that or make a tool myself. I thought about getting a hole saw the needed size, cut it down the center, cut teeth to match the collar, weld tabs onto each part to bolt it back together when it’s set in place.
Problem is. The tool that is required takes a tohnichi torque wrench as well..kinda hard to find in the states, it’s one of the torque wrenches that’ll accept different heads or attachments
spimx
8/17/2020 9:21pm
Maybe you already thought about this? If you take the fork lugs off you should be able to pull the whole inner chamber and slider tube out the top of the upper tubes. I never tried it just thought about doing it that way and as far as installing it just do it the same way in reverse.
8/18/2020 5:11am
Yeah I thought get about that. I wanted to install the air cartridge I got from u. The one in it appears to have more hrs on it. Im going to just change the fluids and put it back on the bike. I’ll get someone to revalve it when the time comes
spimx
8/18/2020 6:19am
Yeah I thought get about that. I wanted to install the air cartridge I got from u. The one in it appears to have more hrs...
Yeah I thought get about that. I wanted to install the air cartridge I got from u. The one in it appears to have more hrs on it. Im going to just change the fluids and put it back on the bike. I’ll get someone to revalve it when the time comes
Good luck. I'm sure the setup is a lot easier to work with since the ballance spring is constant, probably a lot more reliable and consistent.
spimx
4/1/2021 5:54pm
hey man I could not stop torturing myself with air forks after I sold you the balance spring type interchamber. Got it off man by taking off the lug at least I can change the seals and bushings. I will send it to Art of war if it seems like the air chamber is leaking. The compression side feels buttery smooth I can't wait to go riding with some fresh clean oil and dual compound seals.

Post a reply to: WTB: PC SFF air a kit fork tool to remove balance spring

The Latest