WTB: Looking for PDS Trax shock 17+ KTM

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2017 1:54 PM

Long shot. Looking for a PDS Trax shock 17+ KTM to match my cone valves.

|

3/14/2018 10:42 AM

Still looking

|

3/22/2018 8:45 PM

FYI, I had Trax shock on RMZ and KTM and didn't like it any better than the OEM on KTM or A kit on the RMZ. Only WP can disable to Trax feature and it makes the rebound very slow. If you ride tracks with breaking bumps, I think you'll want a faster rebound.

|

please contact at (714) 351-2627

3/22/2018 9:20 PM

tcgravitt wrote:

FYI, I had Trax shock on RMZ and KTM and didn't like it any better than the OEM on KTM or A kit on the RMZ. Only WP can disable to Trax feature and it makes the rebound very slow. If you ride tracks with breaking bumps, I think you'll want a faster rebound.

Todd,
The PDS (xplore) shock on the new bikes is a lot different than the linkage shock on the KTM. I have the PDS TRAX shock and am very happy with it on my '17 EXC 500. None of the MX bikes are PDS, so I'm guessing he's not going to be riding tracks with his either.
Photo

Photo



|

3/22/2018 9:26 PM

Exactly, no mx. Tight technical hard enduro stuff. That's why I have a 18 250 TPI.

|

4/28/2018 10:20 PM

Still have my fingers crossed for one.

|

4/29/2018 4:45 AM

thearc wrote:

Long shot. Looking for a PDS Trax shock 17+ KTM to match my cone valves.

Do you service your own shocks? trax need to be serviced every 15-25 hrs as the little drop out springs fail way too often. This can get pretty expensive if you don't service the shock yourself as it has to be fully stripped to get to them.

I had a trax prior and done some testing against a good revalved stocker and the stocker was better. I mate is currently building me a xplor shock for my 18 500exc which will have DLC, Kashima, xtrig adjuster, BUD bladder, SKF seal head, low friction band and ohlins oil. All that less than half the cost of a trax...

|

5/1/2018 1:39 PM

bowser wrote:

Do you service your own shocks? trax need to be serviced every 15-25 hrs as the little drop out springs fail way too often. This can get pretty expensive if you don't service the shock yourself as it has to be fully stripped to get to them.

I had a trax prior and done some testing against a good revalved stocker and the stocker was better. I mate is currently building me a xplor shock for my 18 500exc which will have DLC, Kashima, xtrig adjuster, BUD bladder, SKF seal head, low friction band and ohlins oil. All that less than half the cost of a trax...

Yeah but you'll get none of that back when you go to sell it wink In my experience no one wants to pay anything for modified stock components no matter how good they are.
And those little Trax drop out springs can last a long long time for enduro which the OP wants it for if they are greased properly to start with and are all the correct length, replace them all at once not one at a time. Mx and desert can be harder on them.

|

5/1/2018 1:41 PM

thearc wrote:

Still have my fingers crossed for one.

How much are you hoping to get one for? I know of one in Australia for sale thats almost new and in very good condition. Mate of mine has 2, 1 he is selling as he is not needing it for a 2nd bike anymore.

|

5/15/2018 6:34 AM

I have a 2018 Ohlins Flow PDS Shock for sale.

|