WTB Crf spring A kit,

1/18/2018 12:19pm
Did you buy the 16 crf250 a-kit shock off here, from the EU ? If so could you let me know what you end up having...
Did you buy the 16 crf250 a-kit shock off here, from the EU ? If so could you let me know what you end up having to do to fit it please ?

Same with the forks if you got a set off something other than a crf, i only ask as i noticed you were willing to buy kxf or rmz with the hope of getting the lugs changed, iirc ?

I'm after these for an old 2003 cr125, so shock wise the only chance i've got of finding a direct fit A-kit rear is if i can get an old one off a 05/06/07 crf450, if it's not off one of these three years only, it will need the length and stroke changing unfortunately, still unsure what to do about the shock tbh, so any info you find out while doing your conversion would be appreciated, for example, any accurate crf 250 and 450 shock measurements for bikes after 2010 would be helpful, i can only find stuff with eye to eye and stroke measurements from like 02-10, so there could be other options i don't know about, i just can't find solid info.

Thanks
pb465 wrote:
I did buy it and I'm still researching on what I need to fit it. I tried calling around for some more info but waiting on...
I did buy it and I'm still researching on what I need to fit it. I tried calling around for some more info but waiting on calls back. I have CR250 PC A kit fork lugs I can change out to make any brand fit of PC A Kit forks fit. I actually just picked up some Pro Circuit A Kit (forks and shock) that I am having the upper fork tubes refinished for. I will let you know what I find. There is a chance I am getting a deal on some new KYB stuff so I'll have some extra kits if that ends up working out.
That's weird, i made a few calls yesterday about the kyb factory stuff, great minds eh....

Seen a place with the forks advertised at 2900 euro, so if i can get a little off the advertised price i might just bite the bullit and be done with it, getting tired of trawling ebay every night....

Let us know how you get on though please, and can you buy the A kit lugs new ?
1/18/2018 12:28pm
you can turn those Honda forks into a kit cheaper than a full set would cost..coatings...A kit rebound adjusters..and An A kit Comp adjuster. only difference...
you can turn those Honda forks into a kit cheaper than a full set would cost..coatings...A kit rebound adjusters..and An A kit Comp adjuster. only difference between production forks and the Crf is the coatings and 4 clicks per Rev, and A kit has 8 clicks..
I really couldn't, well not over here anyway... besides, if i get the right set they'll hold their money, coating standard stuff would be like throwing money down the drain compared to buying a good used set of A kit imo.

pb465
1/18/2018 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2018 12:37pm
That's weird, i made a few calls yesterday about the kyb factory stuff, great minds eh.... Seen a place with the forks advertised at 2900 euro...
That's weird, i made a few calls yesterday about the kyb factory stuff, great minds eh....

Seen a place with the forks advertised at 2900 euro, so if i can get a little off the advertised price i might just bite the bullit and be done with it, getting tired of trawling ebay every night....

I actually had the lugs laying around from years ago but I would imagine you can call Pro Circuit and they would sell them to you. You then need to press the stock CR250 steering stem into the clamps to make it fit (assuming you got CRF clamps).

Check out http://technicaltouchusa.com. I believe that is the official importer for KYB in the US. To get the last gen CRF shock body to fit I believe you need to change only the shock clevis. I would contact Graeme Brough as well, since he is the guy who valved the Full Tilt CR250 that is all over the forum.

EDIT: just realized you are in GBR. Im guessing you went to technical touch EU site anyways.
jaredkeller96
1/18/2018 12:30pm
Well one of our riders here has a set of rmz a kit forks for sale if your interested in swapping out lugs. Kashima, dlc, contact me for more info.

The Shop

jaredkeller96
1/18/2018 12:34pm
That's weird, i made a few calls yesterday about the kyb factory stuff, great minds eh.... Seen a place with the forks advertised at 2900 euro...

pb465 wrote:
I actually had the lugs laying around from years ago but I would imagine you can call Pro Circuit and they would sell them to you...
I actually had the lugs laying around from years ago but I would imagine you can call Pro Circuit and they would sell them to you. You then need to press the stock CR250 steering stem into the clamps to make it fit (assuming you got CRF clamps).

Check out http://technicaltouchusa.com. I believe that is the official importer for KYB in the US. To get the last gen CRF shock body to fit I believe you need to change only the shock clevis. I would contact Graeme Brough as well, since he is the guy who valved the Full Tilt CR250 that is all over the forum.

EDIT: just realized you are in GBR. Im guessing you went to technical touch EU site anyways.
Crf and cr are the same. Use the same wheel too
pb465
1/18/2018 12:36pm
Crf and cr are the same. Use the same wheel too
Ahh. I thought the CR front axle was smaller diameter. Thanks for clarifying.

Post a reply to: WTB Crf spring A kit,

The Latest