WTB: 52mm Cone Valve fork cap tool/wrench

Related:
Create New Tag

10/17/2017 12:25 AM

Looking to buy a fork cap wrench for WP 52mm CV forks,
shipping would be to Perth, Western Australia.
if anyone has one for sale or knows some one please msg me
Thank you

|

10/17/2017 6:07 AM

+1

|

10/17/2017 8:08 AM

Can we see photos of your forks.

|

10/17/2017 6:52 PM

I just bought both from RaceTech. The 50mm wrench and the pin spanner. Just give them a call.

|

Retired Mechanical Engineer, published technical writer, mscperformance.com, Bisimotoengineering.com,

10/18/2017 1:24 AM

mark911 wrote:

I just bought both from RaceTech. The 50mm wrench and the pin spanner. Just give them a call.

I'm located in Australia mate. I'll have to email them see if they can sell me one

|

10/18/2017 1:34 AM

m.hardesty16 wrote:

Can we see photos of your forks.

Sure mate. His 3 quick ones I just took. Photo

Photo

Photo

|

10/18/2017 6:42 AM

mark911 wrote:

I just bought both from RaceTech. The 50mm wrench and the pin spanner. Just give them a call.

BenjiD276 wrote:

I'm located in Australia mate. I'll have to email them see if they can sell me one

A 50mm socket works fine as well, a bit overkill however. The pin spanner is typical auto repair stuff available locally I'm sure. I think the pins should be 4mm or less to fit the cartridge nut.

BTW, what are the numbers on your caps? They mean something to WP but they wont tell me so I'm trying to decode them myself.

|

Retired Mechanical Engineer, published technical writer, mscperformance.com, Bisimotoengineering.com,

10/18/2017 7:46 AM

They dont have any cool coatings sad

|

10/18/2017 7:09 PM

mark911 wrote:

I just bought both from RaceTech. The 50mm wrench and the pin spanner. Just give them a call.

BenjiD276 wrote:

I'm located in Australia mate. I'll have to email them see if they can sell me one

mark911 wrote:

A 50mm socket works fine as well, a bit overkill however. The pin spanner is typical auto repair stuff available locally I'm sure. I think the pins should be 4mm or less to fit the cartridge nut.

BTW, what are the numbers on your caps? They mean something to WP but they wont tell me so I'm trying to decode them myself.

thanks for the advice mate, ill go to the local shop over the weekend see if they can help. didnt really wanna go the socket option as you said over kill but might need to go that way as i need to take the caps off to do the seals

|

10/18/2017 8:17 PM

m.hardesty16 wrote:

They dont have any cool coatings sad

No they dont you think they would ? but that is how the 52's come

|

10/19/2017 12:22 AM

Do they use the same tool as the 48's?
I drew one up in CAD and got it laser cut from 6mm plate steel for my 48's

|

10/19/2017 4:48 PM

bowser wrote:

Do they use the same tool as the 48's?
I drew one up in CAD and got it laser cut from 6mm plate steel for my 48's

Nah they don't. 48 one is to small. But thanks for the idea though. I'll look into getting one made up. Thanks

|

10/21/2017 11:33 PM

m.hardesty16 wrote:

They dont have any cool coatings sad

They do, its just not as visible.

The lower tubes are made out of billet aluminum on these forks, so it is a different process to coat them and involves different materials/chemicals.

|