WTB 1 1/8 Bars

mb60
Edited Date/Time 9/14/2021 11:16am
Anybody have a set of take off Renthal Bars or straight 1 1/8 bars for sale ?
|
jeffro667
Fantasy
3594th
9/5/2021 4:20pm
I have 4 sets of straight yz pro tapers, $65 each.
mb60
9/5/2021 5:13pm
Sorry looking for twin walls.
cclay47
9/5/2021 5:15pm
mb60 wrote:
Ive got some 996 Renthal twinwalls great shape $55 shipped. Shoot me an email if interested Colinclaymoto@gmail.com
mb60
9/5/2021 7:25pm
mb60 wrote:
cclay47 wrote:
Ive got some 996 Renthal twinwalls great shape $55 shipped. Shoot me an email if interested Colinclaymoto@gmail.com
Sent you a email.

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/6/2021 2:21pm
mb60 wrote:
Sorry looking for twin walls.
Should’ve put that in your title…
mb60
9/6/2021 4:38pm
Got it taken care of. Thank you Cclay.
Vet57
9/7/2021 4:23am
I've got 997 TWs if you're still looking.
wydopen
9/8/2021 12:46pm
I have a set of 918's with a new red/black barpad..crossbar is cut though
Owen H
9/8/2021 1:11pm
wydopen wrote:
why? more flex? Never heard of that until now for some reason.
wydopen
9/8/2021 3:39pm
Owen H wrote:
Yes.....I just cut it then electrical tape it under the bar pad..
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/9/2021 5:27am
wydopen wrote:
Owen H wrote:
Very common mod
Owen H
9/9/2021 6:53am
langhammx wrote:
Very common mod
Why not just use fatbars? I feel like I'm missing something here lol.
wydopen
9/9/2021 9:41am
Owen H wrote:
Why not just use fatbars? I feel like I'm missing something here lol.
I don’t know..I have a weird thing about bars without a crossbar. Only downside to the twinwalls with crossbar cut is I wish I could run my levers in further..have them butt up against the step and i could still go in further
Owen H
9/9/2021 10:15am
wydopen wrote:
I don’t know..I have a weird thing about bars without a crossbar. Only downside to the twinwalls with crossbar cut is I wish I could run...
I don’t know..I have a weird thing about bars without a crossbar. Only downside to the twinwalls with crossbar cut is I wish I could run my levers in further..have them butt up against the step and i could still go in further
Sounds good to me, I've got lots of oddities about me. I like my levers almost at the end too. Makes the pull easier. Have you seen the mika Hybrid bars? You might like them the best.
wydopen
9/9/2021 2:47pm
Owen H wrote:
Sounds good to me, I've got lots of oddities about me. I like my levers almost at the end too. Makes the pull easier. Have you...
Sounds good to me, I've got lots of oddities about me. I like my levers almost at the end too. Makes the pull easier. Have you seen the mika Hybrid bars? You might like them the best.
Yes was going to try those next I think..have a hard time not running renthal products though
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
9/9/2021 4:50pm
wydopen wrote:
I don’t know..I have a weird thing about bars without a crossbar. Only downside to the twinwalls with crossbar cut is I wish I could run...
Owen H wrote:
Sounds good to me, I've got lots of oddities about me. I like my levers almost at the end too. Makes the pull easier. Have you...
I’ve been eyeing the new ODI CFT’s. I’ve been an EVO guy for years, but I rode a friends bike with twin walls, and I forgot how much I missed having a crossbar. I just don’t know anything about ODI’s besides The grips, and I didn’t gel with those.

Man, we can all be so fricken picky about the dumbest shit lol. But it’s fun to switch it up once in a while eh?
9/10/2021 5:04pm
Renthal fat bars off my new 2022 Honda crf 450. I miss the cross bar. Going back to that style. I guess I getting old! Again!!,
Ryan625
9/11/2021 10:38pm
If you’re still looking I have a set of almost brand new Twinwall CR bend. The cross bar is not cut. $80 plus shipping
Owen H
9/14/2021 7:43am
wydopen wrote:
Owen H wrote:
crowe660 wrote:
I’ve been eyeing the new ODI CFT’s. I’ve been an EVO guy for years, but I rode a friends bike with twin walls, and I forgot...
I’ve been eyeing the new ODI CFT’s. I’ve been an EVO guy for years, but I rode a friends bike with twin walls, and I forgot how much I missed having a crossbar. I just don’t know anything about ODI’s besides The grips, and I didn’t gel with those.

Man, we can all be so fricken picky about the dumbest shit lol. But it’s fun to switch it up once in a while eh?
So what did you miss about the crossbar? I have never played with bars in my entire time riding and I'm starting to think about getting picky about bends and I'm not sure which bars I want. My stock YZ250 bars are fine i guess but I feel like I can do more to relieve hand fatigue with a good bar setup. I'm doing some DIY bar mounts this weekend with skateboard truck bushings. Other question is why not just run a 7/8 bar since they'll likely flex the most?
Rider 5280
9/14/2021 9:23am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2021 9:26am
Owen H wrote:
crowe660 wrote:
I’ve been eyeing the new ODI CFT’s. I’ve been an EVO guy for years, but I rode a friends bike with twin walls, and I forgot...

Owen H wrote:
So what did you miss about the crossbar? I have never played with bars in my entire time riding and I'm starting to think about getting...
So what did you miss about the crossbar? I have never played with bars in my entire time riding and I'm starting to think about getting picky about bends and I'm not sure which bars I want. My stock YZ250 bars are fine i guess but I feel like I can do more to relieve hand fatigue with a good bar setup. I'm doing some DIY bar mounts this weekend with skateboard truck bushings. Other question is why not just run a 7/8 bar since they'll likely flex the most?
Heads up (I feel I need to say this for safety):
The consequences of bar mounts failing could be catastrophic - as in deadly.

I personally would not go down this path. Not saying your ideas are bad in the least, just that there's a lot of design that goes into these parts, ultimate tensile and fatigue strength being considerations. Experimentation in this area requires extreme caution, especially if jumping a motorcycle.

SUMMARY: BE SUPER CAREFUL.
Owen H
9/14/2021 11:16am
Rider 5280 wrote:
Heads up (I feel I need to say this for safety): The consequences of bar mounts failing could be catastrophic - as in deadly. I personally...
Heads up (I feel I need to say this for safety):
The consequences of bar mounts failing could be catastrophic - as in deadly.

I personally would not go down this path. Not saying your ideas are bad in the least, just that there's a lot of design that goes into these parts, ultimate tensile and fatigue strength being considerations. Experimentation in this area requires extreme caution, especially if jumping a motorcycle.

SUMMARY: BE SUPER CAREFUL.
Appreciate the looking out! I'm just making about a 3/8" damper out of some bushings and running some longer bolts. I am mostly concerned about not being able to achieve the level of friction necessary between the mount and damper to keep the bars from having wiggle. This is obviously why other systems utilize conical seating to prevent this. Amazon will always have free returns so I can say with about 99% certainty this is the route I'll be going lol. If I decide that vibration reduction needs to be addressed then there are better ways to go about accomplishing it.

Post a reply to: WTB 1 1/8 Bars

The Latest