WTB 1989 KX250

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2018 8:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/13/2018 8:58 AM

Looking for a decent condition 1989 KX250 gas tank (Just like every other KX500 owner) lol

TIA!

Cheers!

|

5/13/2018 9:32 AM

Where you from. Usually find some cheap bikes on Craigslist

|

5/13/2018 10:47 AM

I believe I saw an 89(I think it was) 250 on raleigh, NC craigslist yesterday or the day before

|

5/13/2018 12:11 PM

DTR830 wrote:

Where you from. Usually find some cheap bikes on Craigslist

I'm in So cal.
Been looking for awhile now.
Dam things like a unicorn lol

|

5/13/2018 12:11 PM

Shaun_Powelson wrote:

I believe I saw an 89(I think it was) 250 on raleigh, NC craigslist yesterday or the day before

Awesome!
Thank you!
I'll check it out

|

5/14/2018 7:36 PM

I had been looking for one forever. One popped up on FB 5 miles from me two weeks ago. Motor has no compression I didn't care. I just wanted the tank. I immediately bought the bike for $500. Im in the process of making the tank look new again. And the rest of the bike will be parted out.

Good Luck in your search.

|

5/14/2018 7:55 PM

Shaun_Powelson wrote:

I believe I saw an 89(I think it was) 250 on raleigh, NC craigslist yesterday or the day before

Zerofear66 wrote:

Awesome!
Thank you!
I'll check it out

No prob, I just thought it was funny you asked cause when I saw it, I thought "man I haven't seen an old one like that for a while!" Not that it was in great shape or anything, but if it helps, that's great!

|

5/15/2018 7:33 AM

Jterry wrote:

I had been looking for one forever. One popped up on FB 5 miles from me two weeks ago. Motor has no compression I didn't care. I just wanted the tank. I immediately bought the bike for $500. Im in the process of making the tank look new again. And the rest of the bike will be parted out.

Good Luck in your search.

Man, You got lucky! These things are like unicorns. SOMEONE is HOARDING THREE of them...lol
I wont mention his name ; P

|

5/15/2018 7:34 AM

Shaun_Powelson wrote:

I believe I saw an 89(I think it was) 250 on raleigh, NC craigslist yesterday or the day before

Zerofear66 wrote:

Awesome!
Thank you!
I'll check it out

Shaun_Powelson wrote:

No prob, I just thought it was funny you asked cause when I saw it, I thought "man I haven't seen an old one like that for a while!" Not that it was in great shape or anything, but if it helps, that's great!

I was a day late : (

|

5/15/2018 5:14 PM

Jterry wrote:

I had been looking for one forever. One popped up on FB 5 miles from me two weeks ago. Motor has no compression I didn't care. I just wanted the tank. I immediately bought the bike for $500. Im in the process of making the tank look new again. And the rest of the bike will be parted out.

Good Luck in your search.

Zerofear66 wrote:

Man, You got lucky! These things are like unicorns. SOMEONE is HOARDING THREE of them...lol
I wont mention his name ; P

I couldn't believe one came up that close to me. First thing I checked when I got there was the VIN to make sure it was an 89.

The guy said to me " why is everyone asking me if the tank leaks"? After I jew'd him down some and agreed on a price. I told him because the tank on this thing is worth more than the rest of the bike. And that Id never probably find one again.

|

5/16/2018 6:53 AM

|

5/16/2018 7:41 AM


Talked with that seller earlier this week.

Unfortunately he gave it away because he had no interest in it...
|

Do It In The Dirt!

5/16/2018 8:23 AM

|

5/16/2018 10:20 AM

You're lucky you did not get the bike. The listing says 250 but that bike is a KX125. I raced both and the 125 has a single left side radiator as in the picture

|

5/16/2018 1:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2018 1:52 PM

Wycked31 wrote:

You're lucky you did not get the bike. The listing says 250 but that bike is a KX125. I raced both and the 125 has a single left side radiator as in the picture

Good looking out

|

5/16/2018 4:35 PM

Zerofear66 wrote:

Awesome!
Thank you!
I'll check it out

Shaun_Powelson wrote:

No prob, I just thought it was funny you asked cause when I saw it, I thought "man I haven't seen an old one like that for a while!" Not that it was in great shape or anything, but if it helps, that's great!

Zerofear66 wrote:

I was a day late : (

Bummer man! Was it already sold or you couldn't find it?

|

5/16/2018 7:27 PM

What are people really paying for ‘89 250 tanks?

|