KTM/Husqvarna WP 48mm Twin Chamber spring forks, 2 sets

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2018 1:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2018 1:47 AM

For sale 2 sets of WP Twin Chamber spring forks. IMHO one of the best spring forks.

Black set is for big axle, very good shape overall, 900USD Shipped worldwide.
Photo
Photo Photo

Silver set is from 2015 bike, small axle, great shape, 1150USD Shipped worldwide. PhotoPhoto
Photo PhotoPhoto

|

4/24/2018 5:35 AM

They are great forks. Are the 2015 set you have a euro only thing? Never seen a twin chamber with a small axle.

|

4/24/2018 6:37 AM

Byron909 wrote:

They are great forks. Are the 2015 set you have a euro only thing? Never seen a twin chamber with a small axle.

Yes, 2015 bikes came with twin chamber spring forks in europe.

|

4/27/2018 12:14 AM

Black set goes to a new home for 800, get rid of those AER's smile

|

4/27/2018 4:16 AM

Can you guys tell me more? I like the aers performance wise but, always have in my mind a fear of the seal letting go and losing all the air.

What are the silver set sprung for? Performance wise on par with aers? Aers recieve very nice feedback and reviews from most including myself but an alternative is tempting at that pricepoint.

|

4/27/2018 4:59 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Can you guys tell me more? I like the aers performance wise but, always have in my mind a fear of the seal letting go and ...more

I tried a lot of KTM suspension setups, except CV AER's, and twin chamber spring forks are a close second behind CV's (which is my subjective opinion). I like the feel of spring much better over AER's, especially in small, choppy stuff.

Silver set is stock, haven't been modified in any way.

|

4/27/2018 5:39 AM

Yz, these are very good forks. The magazines might have given them bad reviews over the years, its one of those that once a few things are done, they are awesome forks. I have 2 16 up ktms that both have some well tuned closed chambers on, whether riding trails, or mx they always work great, very predictable, and never give me any trouble.
Look up mx tech for some trick parts to go inside that make very big changes.
They make a spring perch, called a huck valve that works sooo good. Jbi make a version of it too.
Maybe ffor you though, to be a direct swap you should go for his more pricey ones. The euro only 15 models have the same lugs as your aer forks. The smaller 22mm axle has a 2mm offset difference than the big 26mm axle version.
So for me, both my forks are 26mm axle, so on my new bikes i run 20mm triple clamps to get the geometry right.
If i would have found a euro set like those. Would have saved me a few bucks not needing to deal with triple clamp offset.
If you run the big axle lugs on a 15 up ktm, you need a axle, nut, wheel collars, and 20mm clamps to keep the geometry the same.

|

4/27/2018 11:14 AM

I have a couple sets of these, both silver, and in amazing condition. One set has zero time on them since being rebuilt (and only 23 hours total), the other has two rides on them since being rebuilt. I’d trade them for AER48 forks in a heartbeat. I’ve never been happier with a fork than I am with the AER, but that’s my opinion. I’d trade clamps, axles, and whatever else needed to be swapped. It’s all in excellent condition.

|

5/2/2018 2:39 AM

T-Fish wrote:

I have a couple sets of these, both silver, and in amazing condition. One set has zero time on them since being rebuilt (and ...more

Might be worth to make a "Trade" thread in for sale section.

Bump, both sets still available.

|

5/8/2018 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2018 12:47 PM

Would these work with a 2015 500exc-f?

|

5/9/2018 2:51 AM

bodean123 wrote:

Would these work with a 2015 500exc-f?

Yes, they will

|