Talon rear hub crf250/450 $85 shipped

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2018 5:12 PM

Talon rear hub fits 13-18 crf450 and 14-17 crf250 $85 shipped Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/1/2018 6:43 PM

80 shipped

|

8/1/2018 6:55 PM

You have front as well??

|

8/1/2018 8:07 PM

MotoCoUSA wrote:

You have front as well??

Just. The rear , used the front on my 07 cr 250 I use to have.

|

8/7/2018 10:12 AM

It doesn’t fit your CR250R as well?

|

8/7/2018 10:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/7/2018 10:39 AM

Yotam wrote:

It doesn’t fit your CR250R as well?

Wider hub spacing (sprocket side) on newer Honda 4T's: 2002-2012 CRF450 and 2004-2013 CRF250 are same as 2002-2007 CR 2T's, and the front hub is the same from like 95' onwards.

I've seen offset sprockets that allow older hubs to fit on new bikes, but not the other way...http://www.irp-llc.com/products/products14.html

|

8/8/2018 7:21 AM

Yotam wrote:

It doesn’t fit your CR250R as well?

crc245 wrote:

Wider hub spacing (sprocket side) on newer Honda 4T's: 2002-2012 CRF450 and 2004-2013 CRF250 are same as 2002-2007 CR 2T's, and the front hub is the same from like 95' onwards.

I've seen offset sprockets that allow older hubs to fit on new bikes, but not the other way...http://www.irp-llc.com/products/products14.html

I bought CRF wheels 1 year ago and i think it was taken off CRF450 2014, i am not sure
Any way; a new rear wheel on old bike will bolt on and cause trouble or simply eill not fit?
I can see by your link that the gap is 3.5mm that means the wheel will work but the chain and the sprocket will make lot of friction and kill the system pretty quick isn’t it?
Thanks for the reply!

|

8/8/2018 9:07 AM

Yotam wrote:

I bought CRF wheels 1 year ago and i think it was taken off CRF450 2014, i am not sure
Any way; a new rear wheel on old bike will bolt on and cause trouble or simply eill not fit?
I can see by your link that the gap is 3.5mm that means the wheel will work but the chain and the sprocket will make lot of friction and kill the system pretty quick isn’t it?
Thanks for the reply!

i got my 2014 CRF 250 back in late 2013 and my dad changed my wheels over to the set we had from our old 250 (2011 model) and unbeknown to us the hub offset on the sprocket side is different. I did ride it and i feel this weird "clunking" sensation on the read end while i'm in the air. Came back in and complained that something was weird, looked at the rear wheel and all it does it kills your chain guides. So would not recommend that at all. You can get wheel spacers to make the wheel fit rather than buy the sprocket. What we done was purchased an oem rear hub to suit and swapped them over.

|

8/8/2018 10:07 AM

crc245 wrote:

Wider hub spacing (sprocket side) on newer Honda 4T's: 2002-2012 CRF450 and 2004-2013 CRF250 are same as 2002-2007 CR 2T's, and the front hub is the same from like 95' onwards.

I've seen offset sprockets that allow older hubs to fit on new bikes, but not the other way...http://www.irp-llc.com/products/products14.html

Yotam wrote:

I bought CRF wheels 1 year ago and i think it was taken off CRF450 2014, i am not sure
Any way; a new rear wheel on old bike will bolt on and cause trouble or simply eill not fit?
I can see by your link that the gap is 3.5mm that means the wheel will work but the chain and the sprocket will make lot of friction and kill the system pretty quick isn’t it?
Thanks for the reply!

brycepdh wrote:

i got my 2014 CRF 250 back in late 2013 and my dad changed my wheels over to the set we had from our old 250 (2011 model) and unbeknown to us the hub offset on the sprocket side is different. I did ride it and i feel this weird "clunking" sensation on the read end while i'm in the air. Came back in and complained that something was weird, looked at the rear wheel and all it does it kills your chain guides. So would not recommend that at all. You can get wheel spacers to make the wheel fit rather than buy the sprocket. What we done was purchased an oem rear hub to suit and swapped them over.

i am not considering of putting new wheel on my old CR125
i am trying to figure if my wheel set is from new CRF or old
i am not sure which year my wheel set was taken off

|

8/8/2018 10:22 AM

Yotam wrote:

i am not considering of putting new wheel on my old CR125
i am trying to figure if my wheel set is from new CRF or old
i am not sure which year my wheel set was taken off

That’s quite easy to figure out, if you look at your rear hub and look on the inside of the sprocket you can see it’s wider from the previous model as they just widened the hub and you can see there’s a “flat” area from that extrusion. Pic for reference. The older hub doesn’t have that, can’t say that’s the same for aftermarket? Only experienced oem hubs. Photo

|

8/8/2018 10:22 AM

Borrowed from ThumperTalk for you, Yotam:

Photo

|

8/8/2018 11:58 AM

thanks, i have Talon hub
the gap can be seen on it as well?

|