Suggestions on shipping an AF ?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2021 1:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2021 1:14 PM

I haven’t shipped an AF before & looking for a shipping company that is reasonably priced. What companies have you guys used that have good results & was cost effective ?

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/28/2021 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2021 3:57 PM

what is an AF....? midway island? air force...air fork? Alloyframe cr500?

|

8/28/2021 9:01 PM

500 aluminum framed bike, I think. I used uship for a bike from Alabama. Did the job without problems

|

8/29/2021 7:50 AM

cmotodad wrote:

500 aluminum framed bike, I think. I used uship for a bike from Alabama. Did the job without problems

It is just a aluminum frame by itself. I have heard of uship & gotten quotes from them in the past. Thnxz..

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/29/2021 8:49 AM

Tim Weig with Motoshippers is your guy!
If you can’t get him try Estes Express

|

8/29/2021 9:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2021 9:50 AM

Check out ShipBikes —Best pricing i’ve seen

It’s intended for cyclists shipping their bikes, but you can ship anything really. They have bike boxes you can purchase(not cheap), or you can just find the smallest cardboard box it’ll fit it in and stuff a few layers of old cardboard around all the sides—or bubble wrap the hell out of it.

I estimate it’ll be around $50-$75 depending on the exact weight, dimensions and destination.

|

8/30/2021 9:44 AM

I bought an older rm250 frame from eBay before. The seller wrapped it in bubble wrap, foam pipe insulation and Saran Wrap. Shipped it via ups

|

8/30/2021 8:44 PM

Just a frame? Wrap it in several layers of cardboard and head down to UPS. If it's an odd shape or wrapped in plastic it'll likely be considered an "irregular". The downside is you may have an additional charge, but the upside is it probably won't end up on their regular conveyor belts. The irregular belt moves very slowly and stuff doesn't get beat up nearly as much. Source: I'm the supervisor of the local UPS irregular area. I see everything from tires, to car frames, to big styrofoam boxes come down my belts.

|

8/31/2021 12:14 PM

I have done FedEx freight before. Can strap it down on a pallet

|

8/31/2021 12:25 PM

Matt Fisher wrote:

Just a frame? Wrap it in several layers of cardboard and head down to UPS. If it's an odd shape or wrapped in plastic it'll ...more

Right there ^^^ is your answer. You got it from an "inside guy." That's the best you can do!

|

Contact me at: VitalMX123@outlook.com

9/1/2021 5:49 PM

Fastenal will ship between stores for customers and it’s normally cheaper then ups/fedex for items of that size.

|

9/1/2021 7:05 PM

I used UPS to ship a KX 125 frame before. It was $73 from Indiana to the east coast. Seemed reasonable for the big box. I bubble wrapped it and taped together two Parts Unlimited tire boxes. No issues.

|