Showa A kit Suspension CR250 56mm top clamping area?

moff3902
Edited Date/Time 9/2/2020 11:07pm
I bought a set of Showa a kit suspension. I don't know much about a kit stuff but the set I have has a increased diameter from 54mm to 56mm in the top clamping area which I can't find any info on. They came with a HRC top triple clamp with the increased diameter. they are 49mm Showa a kit suspension. Can anyone give me some information on them at all?

|
dmm698
9/2/2020 7:14am
Would help to also see the fork caps
Moto520
9/2/2020 8:40am
You could put this in the TEchnical Help forum and it might get a better response.
mxav8r
9/2/2020 8:42am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2020 8:43am
Those are not "real" HRC works clamps. Honda/HRC sold those clamps with HRC branding around 2010-2011. Available to anyone. What info are you looking for in regards to the forks?
9/2/2020 9:17am
They are good forks from FC. That’s the same fork that was used by Gieco honda and other Riders that received FC support. They have the thicker diameter top clamping area, you can find pics of RJ Hmapshire and Paul Coates using that style forks around 2015/2016. I believe the outer tubes have a nikisil coatings instead of kashima and the actual team fork had the titanium pistons

The Shop

mxav8r
9/2/2020 11:01am
They are good forks from FC. That’s the same fork that was used by Gieco honda and other Riders that received FC support. They have the...
They are good forks from FC. That’s the same fork that was used by Gieco honda and other Riders that received FC support. They have the thicker diameter top clamping area, you can find pics of RJ Hmapshire and Paul Coates using that style forks around 2015/2016. I believe the outer tubes have a nikisil coatings instead of kashima and the actual team fork had the titanium pistons

I believe the only forks that had nikasil INNER coating are the Factory Showa forks, like these with the matte greyish outer coating...

9/2/2020 11:14am
They are good forks from FC. That’s the same fork that was used by Gieco honda and other Riders that received FC support. They have the...

mxav8r wrote:
I believe the only forks that had nikasil INNER coating are the Factory Showa forks, like these with the matte greyish outer coating... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/09/02/447535/s1200_495E84C9_8890_4655_AA4A_412FBE9A0EE5.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/09/02/447536/s1200_3E994B09_034C_472B_9849_2BAEC20C7C80_1_201_a.jpg[/img]
I believe the only forks that had nikasil INNER coating are the Factory Showa forks, like these with the matte greyish outer coating...

I had a set of forks like the OPs. Mine were used by Paul Coates and were leftovers from gieco Honda. They were just recently sold on vital and I’m wondering if the OP purchased them from the guy that bought them.

Depending what light they are seen in they are very Grey or a gold-ish grey. I sold them to a friend who went to his FC contact for info on them. I assumed they were some form of kashima/ano etc but FC said they were Nikasil with TI pistons etc.

I could be wrong but I’m just going off the info given to me. When I seen the email from FC I was a little mad about it! I knew they were awesome forks but didn’t get that far into it. They were still setup for Paul/untouched from 2016 if I remember. They were setup for SX and needed a re-valve along
With national tubes and bottoming cones, The cones were a cool blue color... didn’t know that bottoming cones were specific to MX or SX but I don’t know a lot of stuff lol.
mxav8r
9/2/2020 2:16pm
I had a set of forks like the OPs. Mine were used by Paul Coates and were leftovers from gieco Honda. They were just recently sold...
I had a set of forks like the OPs. Mine were used by Paul Coates and were leftovers from gieco Honda. They were just recently sold on vital and I’m wondering if the OP purchased them from the guy that bought them.

Depending what light they are seen in they are very Grey or a gold-ish grey. I sold them to a friend who went to his FC contact for info on them. I assumed they were some form of kashima/ano etc but FC said they were Nikasil with TI pistons etc.

I could be wrong but I’m just going off the info given to me. When I seen the email from FC I was a little mad about it! I knew they were awesome forks but didn’t get that far into it. They were still setup for Paul/untouched from 2016 if I remember. They were setup for SX and needed a re-valve along
With national tubes and bottoming cones, The cones were a cool blue color... didn’t know that bottoming cones were specific to MX or SX but I don’t know a lot of stuff lol.
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
matt.3150
9/2/2020 11:07pm
The outside of the forks is just an anodize nothing special, the inside are kashima coated . Not nicasil. The Geico forks are just a set of a kit forks!

Post a reply to: Showa A kit Suspension CR250 56mm top clamping area?

The Latest