Scammer Alert to Race Memorabilia Collectors!

Gale19XX
His eBay name is "motostuff" (http://www.ebay.com/usr/motostuff*?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 ) and recently noticed he has a Vital account and that name is "MotoStuffGuy".

My buddy recently sold him Carmichael and McGrath Replica jerseys purchased at the nationals years ago. The same day Motostuff received the jerseys he re-listed the McGrath jersey. He ironed on Honda logo's and a Parts Unlimited logo and in the item description claimed the jersey was "authentic" "not something you can buy from a store" and "from Jeremy's days as a test rider for Honda." He was confronted about the listing, apologized for trying to screw someone, and slightly changed the description.

I mentioned this story to another Vital member who also collects jerseys and he already knew about "motostuff". "Motostuff" had purchased some unsigned Jake Weimer gear, and the day he received it, listed it to ebay as being signed. He was also confronted about that from the seller. He recently won an auction for a Travis Pastrana jersey on ebay and that has currently been re-listed now that it is in his possession. Claims it is race worn and signed although neither of these are true.

Although he hasn't scammed me or anyone I know out of money, he is altering the items he buys, fabricating it's history, in hopes to turn a quick buck and scamming an unknown buyer in the process. Jersey collecting is a hobby of mine so I felt the need to warn others about this pos.

|
NESC838
11/12/2016 6:47pm
Interesting. Appreciate the head's up as I'm currently watching some of his items on eBay.

Hoping his recently sold Carmichael amateur jerseys were authentic. I know they fetched some big money.

I believe the Pastrana jersey was originally sold on eBay as a replica jersey/pant combo, then flipped for a profit. Like you said, it's now listed as authentic and signed. Unfortunately it already has a bid.

I spoke with him briefly via message last month and was told that he obtained all his jerseys in person. Sucks to learn he's falsely listing his items to make a quick buck.
Gale19XX
11/12/2016 8:51pm
NESC838 wrote:
Interesting. Appreciate the head's up as I'm currently watching some of his items on eBay. Hoping his recently sold Carmichael amateur jerseys were authentic. I know...
Interesting. Appreciate the head's up as I'm currently watching some of his items on eBay.

Hoping his recently sold Carmichael amateur jerseys were authentic. I know they fetched some big money.

I believe the Pastrana jersey was originally sold on eBay as a replica jersey/pant combo, then flipped for a profit. Like you said, it's now listed as authentic and signed. Unfortunately it already has a bid.

I spoke with him briefly via message last month and was told that he obtained all his jerseys in person. Sucks to learn he's falsely listing his items to make a quick buck.
Yea that Pastrana stuff was indeed the replica jersey/pant combo. He messaged me via eBay awhile back offering to buy some items that didn't sell for the price I wanted. We exchanged a few emails before and after I knew about the scamming and he said he collects but sells the items he no longer wants.

I'm sure some of his stuff is legit but who wants to spend a couple hundred bucks with that in the back of their mind. He has the Henry pants listed he bought from my buddy that I know are legit.

He seen this post and emailed me asking if there's anything we can do to clear up this situation and my comments about him. He also called my buddy to ask if he's the one who made this post. I never responded but if you're reading this "MotoStuffGuy" feel free to "clear up" the situation on this post for everyone to see.
MotoStuffGuy
Fantasy
3999th
11/13/2016 12:56am
Ok so I see where your coming from and im happy to explain and show some pictures that will hopefully change your mind about me and we could move on from this. I did message you but it was not regarding this post it was the post where I listed the Doug Henry pants here on vital. I'm not trying to piss anyone off or rub them the wrong way I have a lot of stuff from over the years and 99.9% of my stuff was got by me at the races or givin to me from friends that are in the industry.
The only gear that I bought was from your buddy and the 2 Weimer pants and a jersey and a pair of gloves and a pair of RJ replica bad boy club pants. the stuff from your buddy was cool he had a buy it now and I wanted the RC jersey that and didn't have a whole lot of interest in the others even though the Henry pants are a sweet piece of history it is hard to keep pants |so I bought it and honestly had no idea that they ever sold replica RC OR MC jerseys until I talked to your buddy the other day I know there is is promo stuff for sponsors friends family etc but didn't know and have never seen that stuff for sale at a race or a shop so that was interesting to find out from him when he told me he bought them at a race.
I have 2 young boys and the stuff doesn't really mean a whole lot to me any longer so I thought I'd sell it and then buy some stuff for them from riders that will be racing for awhile my oldest is 4 and his bday was yesterday with a party today. I was trying to find some younger hot shot riders gear to give him For his bday as he thinks that the stuff I'm
selling is going to mean he won't have gear to wear when he gets older hahaha!!! Didn't have any luck getting any jerseys for him though hopefully in time I will...... THE ONLY STUFF I WANT TO TRY AND KEEP IS RC AND MC JERSEYS WICH WAS MY PLAN WITH THE MC JERSEY FROM Y0UR BUDDY SO I WANTED IT TO LOOK COOL HANGING UP SO I PUT A COUPLE LOGOS ON IT AND THEN LIKE A IDIOT I LISTED IT AND SHOULD HAVE USED DIFFERENT WORDING AND I DO APOLOGIZE BUT I DID CONTACT THE BUYER AND CANCELED THE ORDER !! RITE NOW IS NOT THE RITE TIME FOR ME TO BUY FOR ME ONLY IF I CAN FIND STUFF THAT MY KIDS WILL KNOW WHO THE RIDERS ARE AND WILL ENJOY OR A RARE PIECE. TRUST ME I DONT WANT TO SELL MY COLLECTION BUT ID RATHER COLLECTORS LIKE YOURSELF HAVE IT AND ENJOY IT RATHER THAN IT SITTING IN BOXES.

ALSO THE RC AMATURE JERSEYS WERE GIVIN TO ME AT AMATURE NATIONALS EACH YEAR FROM RICKY HIMSELF .

PLEASE LOOK AT THE PICTURES AND ATTACHMENTS BELOW AGAIN I APOLOGIZE ABOUT THE MC JERSEY AND I HOPE THAT WE CAN BE COOL AND ID LOVE TO LIST STUFF HERE TO SELL. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES AND I DO TRULY APOLOGIZE!!

AS FOR THE PASTRANA JERSEY I ALSO SAW THE REPLICA SET FOR SALE BUT MINE I GOT FROM A FRIEND AND AS IT MAY BE THE SAME JERSEY COLOR AND STYLE MINE HAS SPONSOR LOGOS ON THE SIDES AND THE SOBE LOGO ON THE SLEEVES AND WAS SIGNED BY TRAVIS ON THE BACK OF THE JERSEY ON THE LEFT HAND SHOULDER. PLEASE SEE PICTURES OF MINE AND PICTURES OF THE ONE RECENTLY SOLD. I ALSO ATTACHED A PICTURE OF THE WINNING BIDDER ..... I HAVE FEEDBACK FROM 22 PEOPLE AND THE WINNER OF THAT STUFF HAS 68 REVIEWS.

FOR THE WEIMER JERSEY I DIDNT LIST THAT JERSEY THE DAY I GOT IT, WHEN I DID LIST IT IT LOOKED EXACTLY THE SAME AS WHEN I GOT IT. I DO REALIZE THE KEY WORDS SAID SIGNED WHICH THE PICTURES OF THE JERSEY SHOWED CLEARLY THAT THERE WAS NO SIGNATURE ANY WHERE AND MY DISCRIPTION DIDNT STATE THERE WAS A SIGNATURE. BEFORE I LISTED THE ITEMS I CONTACTED THE GUY THAT SOLD ME THE STUFF AND ASKED HIM IF HE WAS COOL WITH ME SELLING THE STUFF BEFORE I LISTED IT ATTACHED IS A PICTURE OF THAT TEXT HE SENT ME BACK. ALSO THE BUYER OF THE ITEM GAVE ME 5 STAR FEEDBACK PICTURE ALSO ATTACHED ALONG WITH A PHOTO OF MY LISTING AND THE PHOTO THE SELLER SENT ME BEFORE I BOUGHT FROM HIM I GOT ALL THE ITEMS IN THE PICTURE EXCLUDING THE
BLACK GLOVES.

AND HERE IS A COUPLE SCREEN SHOTS OF THING IVE LISTED AND SOLD OR AM GOING TO LIST ALONG WITH ALOT OF OTHER MOTO COLLECTABLES I HAVE.

The Shop

MotoStuffGuy
Fantasy
3999th
11/13/2016 9:17am Edited Date/Time 11/13/2016 2:01pm
Here is the cancel confirmation of the McGrath jersey

Gale19XX
11/13/2016 2:11pm
In your messy attempt to explain yourself, you seemed to raise more red flags with me. But surely there's n explanation: Therw always is.

1. "I wanted the mc jersey to look cool and put some logos on it and like an idiot listed it and should have used different wording." Thats weird because this is the email you sent last week claiming that you did not add logos, you simply had two of them. "Different wording" is not your problem. Maybe try being honest instead of saying it was worn by Jeremy testing Hondas.

2. "I honestly didn't know they made Replica jerseys like that." "I wanted the Carmichael signed jersey because I have the same one unsigned." So you own an unsigned replica Carmichael jersey but had no idea they made them? Weird but understandable. What I can't understand is how you had no idea they made replica jerseys, yet in almost all of your auctions including the McGrath one above you claim "this is an authentic jersey, not a replica of something you can go into a store and buy."

3. Trying to convince me your pastrana jersey is different because of logos isn't a strong point to make after admitting to adding logos to a jersey.

4. "As far as the weimer jersey, I do realize the key words said signed but the picture clearly shows it is not." If that's the case, screw it, list it as a Budweiser Clydesdale, after all the picture clearly doesn't show a Clydesdale. The title of your ad was Jake Weimer signed super cross jersey followed by a bunch of key words. Pretty damn misleading throwing key words in the middle of the actual item description but apparently that's ok with you. Proving you had permission to sell items from the seller you bought them from proves nothing. Reselling items isn't your problem, reselling them as "signed" along with a fabricated history is your problem. The person who sold you that stuff had no idea you were going to say they were signed. He's on vital all the time and I already talked to him about this.

5. "Pants are kinda hard to keep around." I couldn't agree more. Maybe you should stop emailing me offering money for pants.

You're a scumbag dude. A scumbag who's so upset that your scamming was brought to light that you called someone you don't even know in Iowa, twice, in hopes we could sweep this under the rug.
MotoStuffGuy
Fantasy
3999th
11/13/2016 4:17pm
I was honest with you about the Mc jersey along with your buddy also that I bought the stuff from and apologized to you both and changed the listing.

The Mikey PANTS I was wanting for a friend that is a big alessi fan not for me I was going to give them to him.

The Henry pants I don't have room for them and would rather someone enjoy them plain and simple

The Carmichael jersey i didn't know they ever made replicas of that jersey with all of the logos especially with the wood pecker logo above Honda. I do have another one that's not SIGNED but I guess maybe I was told wrong info about that from a ex fox employee " i was told that they were only made for ricky to wear and some fox employees got them also at there meetings So I apologize about that as I guess I was misled which sucks and makes them not very special .... I just figured your buddy got it from someone he knew in the industry and had it SIGNED at a national NOT that it was bought at a national... I've been to a lot of races and never seen jerseys for sale back in the day but I also wasn't looking either. So again sorry about that.

The Weimer stuff yes I guess having SIGNED in the THERE shouldn't have been there again your correct and I went back and looked at the text from the guy I bought it from and he did say the stuff wasn't SIGNED but I didn't know he was referring to the listing asking me to change it?? but the buyer was happy with there purchase and I can't change it now only in future listings so I appologize.

The PASTRANA JERSEY ok I understand where your coming from with the logos but I also showed that I wasn't the winning bidder on that jersey that recently sold. Also look at the Suzuki logo on the front. The one on the jersey that recently sold is a decent amount bigger than the Suzuki logo on mine. Mine is SIGNED "back left shoulder" but I never said it was race worn as you stated I did. I only put a couple of race pics to reference the jersey. Is that what you are referring to as me saying race worn?

And as for me putting in my listings that it's not something you can just buy is what I thought up till now with the info I have got from you and your buddy also i have had a couple people ask me on my old 90's cotton jerseys because of the people remaking and selling old jerseys from back in the day which im sure you have seen on eBay. I won't be adding that in my new listings and will spend sometime revising my current listings so that nothing is misleading to buyers.

And I did call your buddy only cause he contacted me and I wanted to apologize, then I called again when I saw the post under the Henry pants cause the town in Iowa was the same so I thought maybe it was him. I apologize for calling him.

I truly do appologize and hope you will give me a fair shot moving forward

swodown348
11/13/2016 8:18pm
Generally I do not feel the need to post to topics like this, but based off of a recent experience I felt it was appropriate. I will also preface this thread with my eBay account creation date of August 2000 with a perfect buyer rating. What can I say, I love buying other peoples stuff!

In the last month I purchased multiple items from MotoStuff (4 to be exact; two Jimmy Gaddis Spitfire Hotwheel jerseys (1993 and 1994), one James Dobb Spitfire Hotwheels jersey (1994), and a kick ass little Mike Brown Simple Green Hotwheels toy). I spent quite a bit of money on the items. I was comfortable paying what I did because I performed my research, understood the purchasing agreement I was entering into, and I knew the special circumstances the seller had as I was able to speak with him on the phone multiple times during the process. Unfortunately there are people out there that are either unable to do their research, or just do not take the time to. Regardless of the reason, it is their choice and responsibility to do the research. Google is only a click away and it comes in multiple languages!

If you feel there was a point to calling out someone for bad dealings, good on you to bring it to the attention of others. If there was an issue with labeling of an eBay listing why not just message the guy regarding items you have experience with, know them to be inaccurate, and ask the seller to update their listing? Sounds like you did. If they do not change it then crush them with some form of vicious rhetoric. Based off the responses in this thread he realized the error and has made corrections or deleted the posted items.

Bashing someone for getting some items then reselling them, for whatever their reason, is poor form. Didn't we all go through public bashing, with the inability to change it, for the past 6-12 months?

#MakeAmerica2StrokeAgain
Gale19XX
11/14/2016 10:23am
swodown348 wrote:
Generally I do not feel the need to post to topics like this, but based off of a recent experience I felt it was appropriate. I...
Generally I do not feel the need to post to topics like this, but based off of a recent experience I felt it was appropriate. I will also preface this thread with my eBay account creation date of August 2000 with a perfect buyer rating. What can I say, I love buying other peoples stuff!

In the last month I purchased multiple items from MotoStuff (4 to be exact; two Jimmy Gaddis Spitfire Hotwheel jerseys (1993 and 1994), one James Dobb Spitfire Hotwheels jersey (1994), and a kick ass little Mike Brown Simple Green Hotwheels toy). I spent quite a bit of money on the items. I was comfortable paying what I did because I performed my research, understood the purchasing agreement I was entering into, and I knew the special circumstances the seller had as I was able to speak with him on the phone multiple times during the process. Unfortunately there are people out there that are either unable to do their research, or just do not take the time to. Regardless of the reason, it is their choice and responsibility to do the research. Google is only a click away and it comes in multiple languages!

If you feel there was a point to calling out someone for bad dealings, good on you to bring it to the attention of others. If there was an issue with labeling of an eBay listing why not just message the guy regarding items you have experience with, know them to be inaccurate, and ask the seller to update their listing? Sounds like you did. If they do not change it then crush them with some form of vicious rhetoric. Based off the responses in this thread he realized the error and has made corrections or deleted the posted items.

Bashing someone for getting some items then reselling them, for whatever their reason, is poor form. Didn't we all go through public bashing, with the inability to change it, for the past 6-12 months?

#MakeAmerica2StrokeAgain
Nobody was bashed for reselling items and I love your inside attempt to put the fault on buyers and not the sellers by saying they should do their research. He corrected these problems after first trying to lie (as his email proves) and they were corrected because he knew he was busted and wanted to avoid being reported to eBay. There was no "honest mistake" here. i have no idea why you mentioned your stellar eBay accolades before going on with your comment but whatever tone you were trying to set really didn't work.
Justride251
Fantasy
172nd
11/16/2016 1:44pm
Here is the cancel confirmation of the McGrath jersey

Sorry guys Ive been working 16 hour shifts the past week and haven't been on Vital lately. I sold Motostuff the Wiemer gear. The only problem I had was advertising the Weimer gear as signed and when I asked you why it was posted on Ebay as signed when it wasn't. All you said back was you never do that and I figured cool just an honest mistake. The thing that made me a little suspicious was you never changed the post and the Jersey sold that way. I have no problem with anyone selling jerseys they bought from me. Shit I do the same thing. I want everyone to know that Gale19XX is a great guy he is really passionate about Moto and collecting Memorabilia. He is not trying to bash anyone all he is doing is looking out for everyone that collects memorabilia.
Justride251
Fantasy
172nd
11/16/2016 1:45pm
Sorry guys Ive been working 16 hour shifts the past week and haven't been on Vital lately. I sold Motostuff the Wiemer gear. The only problem I had was advertising the Weimer gear as signed and when I asked you why it was posted on Ebay as signed when it wasn't. All you said back was you never do that and I figured cool just an honest mistake. The thing that made me a little suspicious was you never changed the post and the Jersey sold that way. I have no problem with anyone selling jerseys they bought from me. Shit I do the same thing. I want everyone to know that Gale19XX is a great guy he is really passionate about Moto and collecting Memorabilia. He is not trying to bash anyone all he is doing is looking out for everyone that collects memorabilia.

Post a reply to: Scammer Alert to Race Memorabilia Collectors!

The Latest