Looking for '17 rmz450 transmission.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2018 3:12 PM

Had a complete failure on my rmz450.. Looking for new transmission. Bike had a major hub failure and killed tranny and bottom end. If anyone has anything let me know. Thanks Photo

|

9/3/2018 4:02 PM

Here come the “tourque your sprocket” jokes !

|

9/3/2018 4:35 PM

Unfortunetly all the bolts were still in the sprocket and hub flange that its attached to.. All are tight also unless bent.. I checked them right before ride and was 1 lap in..

|

9/3/2018 4:35 PM

Is that a Vortex sprocket?? Sorry for your misfortune, what a mess.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

9/3/2018 4:49 PM

Yea, went better than the failure with my lectron carb.. Just bike issues, didnt end up needing both knees fixed

|

9/3/2018 5:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2018 5:19 PM

Those sprockets have caused a few failures... no Center ring seems to be the reason, at least according to forum sleuths. Doesn't help now naturally. Hope you get it sorted, can only imagine the near heart attack as that happened. Sure hope you can source a transmission without waiting too long. Don't see a lot of these parted out, good thing though is that many years of being similar may make the search easier.

Edit- the Lectron slide flake and stick on you??

|

9/3/2018 6:00 PM

I know where a few complete motors are that are for sale. Stock, Milsaps motors, Alessi motors.

* curious on the Lectron comment... I have one on my RM 250 that has been flawless and got one coming for my KTM 150. What kind of problems did you encounter ?

I can be reached at langhammx@sbcglobal.net if you are interested in complete motors.

|

9/3/2018 6:21 PM

Well any help getting my bike running would be awesome.. Think ill stick to pro taper from now on.. Yea had a 17 ktm 250sx and slide stuck open on triple before finish at thunder valley last year.. Blew out 7 ligaments, and 3 meniscus and have 3 cadavors.. So just be sure if not running right be careful.. It was my third ride on it, figure since i live at altitude be nice not to deal with mikuni jetting. Could you end me links to motors? Thanks for info.

|

9/3/2018 6:29 PM

jrhusk21 wrote:

Well any help getting my bike running would be awesome.. Think ill stick to pro taper from now on.. Yea had a 17 ktm 250sx and slide stuck open on triple before finish at thunder valley last year.. Blew out 7 ligaments, and 3 meniscus and have 3 cadavors.. So just be sure if not running right be careful.. It was my third ride on it, figure since i live at altitude be nice not to deal with mikuni jetting. Could you end me links to motors? Thanks for info.

Damn... F. That is horrible. An engine would definitely be the quick way to riding again. Sure beats hunting around for parts.

|

9/3/2018 6:35 PM

Yea sure killed my love of ktm smokers.. Yea, sucks cause bike has 20 hours on it.. Suzukis seem a bit fragile

|

9/3/2018 6:38 PM

Email sent with links/ phone #’s

|

9/4/2018 12:17 PM

Any other years share the same tranny parts?

|

9/4/2018 6:53 PM

Definitely 15-17 but guessing more than that since suzuki really hasnt changed much

|