Ktm 150sx talk me out of it

yamahaha131
9/5/2020 3:56pm
Long time Yamaha rider and love my 18 450. Restored a yz250 and just don’t care for it much. Love riding the little bore bikes. Torn...
Long time Yamaha rider and love my 18 450. Restored a yz250 and just don’t care for it much. Love riding the little bore bikes. Torn between the yz125 for obvious reasons but many years ago (2012 ish) I rode a 150 and thought it was the most fun bike ever. Rode a 18 350sxf recently and forks scared me a little. I’m a decently fast B vet rider. I’ve read every forum I can find on the 150’s and they seem solid.
Skinz285 wrote:
Do it TJ! i just bought one too! love it. Probably have it at Cliff tomorrow if you need another refresher ;) I was a little...
Do it TJ! i just bought one too! love it. Probably have it at Cliff tomorrow if you need another refresher Wink

I was a little hesitant at the susp too but once you get it dialed in its surprisingly good. Mines an 18.
I gotta know who Skinz is? Jordan?
Rickyisms
9/5/2020 6:57pm
RiverockMX wrote:
KTM lists the 150SX weight at 193# same as the 125. Power to weight gotta be hard to beat.
Big difference in the delivery of power though.
Skinz285
9/5/2020 8:51pm
Long time Yamaha rider and love my 18 450. Restored a yz250 and just don’t care for it much. Love riding the little bore bikes. Torn...
Long time Yamaha rider and love my 18 450. Restored a yz250 and just don’t care for it much. Love riding the little bore bikes. Torn between the yz125 for obvious reasons but many years ago (2012 ish) I rode a 150 and thought it was the most fun bike ever. Rode a 18 350sxf recently and forks scared me a little. I’m a decently fast B vet rider. I’ve read every forum I can find on the 150’s and they seem solid.
Skinz285 wrote:
Do it TJ! i just bought one too! love it. Probably have it at Cliff tomorrow if you need another refresher ;) I was a little...
Do it TJ! i just bought one too! love it. Probably have it at Cliff tomorrow if you need another refresher Wink

I was a little hesitant at the susp too but once you get it dialed in its surprisingly good. Mines an 18.
I gotta know who Skinz is? Jordan?
You know it!
IanMac138
9/17/2020 9:11pm
Granted I've never ridden a 4 stroke more than 6 laps in my 32 years of riding a motocross bike (I'm 39)...my 150 brings a smile to my face every time I ride it. You can't be lazy on it. When you get the hang of it, hold on because it's f'ing awesome. When I do race, it's not so much about winning. It's about how many 250F's I can scare the shit out of coming into a corner and knifing into the inside of. From that point, you can hold any 250F off if you know how to ride a 2 stroke to it's potential and hang on without making any mistakes. But that's the fun of it. Ultra-light, more low end torque than a 125, but less over-rev. I'm ok with that because I'm used to riding a 2t. Be quick on your toes shifting her, be ready for the mid-range explosion, and she'll treat you right.

The Shop

Tracktor
9/18/2020 4:28pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Keihin carb and the stic and the bike makes major power. Fmf fatty is a really good pipe, use the pro circuit shorty... it has the...
Keihin carb and the stic and the bike makes major power. Fmf fatty is a really good pipe, use the pro circuit shorty... it has the biggest outlet... all other silencers aside from stock have smaller outlet and loose power on the dyno.
I had a local racer who has been on YZ250's for years try an STIC at the last race weekend. His bikes are dialed so great test & he didn't need to buy if it didn't work. He was blown away & ended up taking it home. Rephrase; I would have had to remove at gunpoint, lol..anyone who races a 2-stroke should try one. Even my 87 CR250 rips with one......
SwapperMX
9/21/2020 5:53am
Bruce372 wrote:
Keihin carb and the stic and the bike makes major power. Fmf fatty is a really good pipe, use the pro circuit shorty... it has the...
Keihin carb and the stic and the bike makes major power. Fmf fatty is a really good pipe, use the pro circuit shorty... it has the biggest outlet... all other silencers aside from stock have smaller outlet and loose power on the dyno.
Tracktor wrote:
I had a local racer who has been on YZ250's for years try an STIC at the last race weekend. His bikes are dialed so great...
I had a local racer who has been on YZ250's for years try an STIC at the last race weekend. His bikes are dialed so great test & he didn't need to buy if it didn't work. He was blown away & ended up taking it home. Rephrase; I would have had to remove at gunpoint, lol..anyone who races a 2-stroke should try one. Even my 87 CR250 rips with one......
Does the Keihin and STIC get any of the over-rev back on the 150?? I'm leaning towards a 125 currently rather than the 150.
yamahaha131
9/21/2020 9:27am
I was 24 hours away from trying out Skinz 150 and we had a death in my wife’s family. My mouth was practically watering Friday night waiting for Sunday to roll around. Sometimes life just kicks you in the nuts.
Tracktor
9/21/2020 10:29am
Bruce372 wrote:
Tracktor wrote:
I had a local racer who has been on YZ250's for years try an STIC at the last race weekend. His bikes are dialed so great...
SwapperMX wrote:
Does the Keihin and STIC get any of the over-rev back on the 150?? I'm leaning towards a 125 currently rather than the 150.
We have two 2018 TC125's. I put a 150 kit on one of them(both have Keihin/STIC) The 150 pulls harder on bottom & the 125's rev slightly more. The 150 still has a ton of over-rev with STIC but as I haven;t tried it without (no point, imo) I can't give that apples to apples opinion. I will say for sure on every bike we have put one on, which is quite a few at this point, you gain over-rev. The pull on top is crazy. Jetting & PV settings can focus the power right where you like it.............

Post a reply to: Ktm 150sx talk me out of it

The Latest