KTM ECU HELP!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/7/2021 1:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2021 9:36 PM

Reaching out to the MX community, worth a shot!

I shipped my 2019 450sxf ECU off to Twisted Development for a remap. USPS lost my package and the ECU’S are on backorder, and keep getting kicked back further. I’m looking to see if someone has a stock one they no longer need, maybe they purchased an aftermarket one, or are parting a bike out?

If you can help out, please let me know. I just want to ride my damn bike!

Travis
805-551-9564

Yes I insured it, but I found out USPS won’t pay me out as I “cannot prove the contents of the package!” Not happy was the USPS at all. Claims and appeals have failed and I’m looking to buy a new one out of pocket! Yayy

|

12/7/2021 2:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/7/2021 2:23 PM

Tallkid634 wrote:

I shipped my 2019 450sxf ECU off to Twisted Development for a remap. USPS ...more

Sadly I’m finding the “insurance” offered by all the major shippers is nothing more than a money grab. On one of the airplane forums I’m on, another major carrier lost his engine…as in a 400lb item in a giant blue crate…twice. Numerous other stories of them denying coverage until attorneys got involved, blaming packaging, etc.

I’m not positive, but I think I saw someone selling a vortex awhile back, might search through the bazaar section.

Looks like there’s two on MXLocker right now…not cheap though.

|

12/7/2021 5:59 PM

Call or Email Alex
He’s in Burbank

(818) 565-5044
socalmotorecycling@outlook.com

https://www.socalmotorecycling.com/parts

|

12/7/2021 6:01 PM

Tallkid634 wrote:

I shipped my 2019 450sxf ECU off to Twisted Development for a remap. USPS ...more

You can’t prove through any email communications on why you were shipping and where to?

|

12/7/2021 6:47 PM

USPS don’t care i had a package shipped and when the guy received it the contents where gone, and gave it back to usps to return it. Then the box went missing on the way back to me, I called every day for almost a year and nothing had to eat it. I even found phone number for there sorting hubs and called there

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

12/7/2021 8:01 PM

Dont use usps

|

When i was a child i fell in love with riding, Im getting back to that. I was 5 years old on a Z-50 christmas edition doing 2nd gear flat ground no handers for the sophmore girls walking home from the bus stop. I was hot shit. 23 years later and you better bet your ass ill still do a flatground no hander if the oppurtunity presents itself.

12/7/2021 9:33 PM

langhammx wrote:

Call or Email Alex
He’s in Burbank

(818) 565-5044
socalmotorecycling@outlook.com

https://www.socalmotorecycling.com/parts

Will do, thanks!

|

12/7/2021 9:35 PM

Tallkid634 wrote:

IainB583 wrote:

You can’t prove through any email communications on why you were shipping and where to?

Only proof I have is that it was headed to TD, not enough for usps. TD doesn’t start invoices until they get the product. Thought about small claims but you can sue the government.

|

12/8/2021 3:40 PM

Tallkid634 wrote:

Only proof I have is that it was headed to TD, not enough for usps. TD doesn’t start invoices until they get the product. ...more

My advice is to find an Athena GET ecu on mxlocker , ebay or here from a different bike if need be. 2019 and up can all be remapped and have the same port configuration so you can use one from a less popular make and model and have it remapped to your bike. I found one on ebay for 400 and it has wireless mapping and the whole 9 and im bringing it for a custom remap calculated on the dyno.I the owner before me had already done the same thing from his 250 to 450. It may even be 2018 and up but not positive about that. I know twisted uses vortex but i dont belive vortex is better per say. Im not dissing twisted they obviously know their shit but everytime I hear of an aftermarket ecu failing its usually a vortex. Also im not sure if suzuki is compatible but I believe all others are. Theres a compatibility chart online from GET but they dont make it easy to find, possibly cause they sell more if not everyone knows they are able to be remapped to different brands.

The newer stock ones cannot be remapped so unfortunately they lost a pretty desirable ecu. Last i was looking there were a couple on ebay. Ask Twisted if they can remap any model 2019 ktm ecu, if so that would make it easier, im not sure thats possible like the GET is though.

|