ISO: CR250 flywheel weight

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2018 4:54 PM

I’m looking for a smaller flywheel weight for my 07 CR250. I’m not sure what the smallest size is but I don’t want any bigger than an 8oz and I would prefer smaller than that if possible.

Npelo89@gmail.com let me know what you have.
Thanks.

|

11/5/2018 8:04 PM

Not sure if you've considered this, but a heavier clutch basket has a similar effect. I run this one in my 96' with Varner cylinder/head mods and it's as close to perfection as any 250 2T I've ever ridden:

http://hinsonracing.com/product/momentum-clutch-basket-w-kickstarter-gear-cushions-honda-cr250r-1992-2007/

Sights and sounds in action:

|

11/6/2018 6:31 AM

crc245 wrote:

Not sure if you've considered this, but a heavier clutch basket has a similar effect. I run this one in my 96' with Varner ...more

Very impressive ! Sounds like a good friends 96 engine that was done by a local engine tuner. You did that bike some justice.. cool

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

11/6/2018 6:39 AM

That thing does sound ON!! I did consider a inertia basket but I wasn’t sure how I would feel about it. My thoughts are the flywheel weight is easier and cheaper so I could stay there. I like my bike but I’m anything less than perfect condition my rear end is ice skating. I should mention that I’m a trail guy and I run a 18inch rear/IRC M5B EVO-130. Usually does great but that CR still has the snap to lose traction.

|

11/6/2018 6:42 AM

|

11/6/2018 6:44 AM

Hoping I posted that link correct.
Me and the guys fooling around on a new climb. Very steep and it’s like ice. I’m in 3rd on the straight before the hill and sliding all around before I could crack the throttle. I’m hoping to tame it slightly but I like the snap at the same time.

|

11/6/2018 7:11 AM

Just to give one more excuse.... this was my first good ride on a new Showa A kit fork/shock setup. The forks springs are about 30lbs heavier than what I need so I was getting a lot of deflection from the front wheel. Also the sun was in my eyes, it was raining, I had 3 flat tires, my pants were to tight and the Yamahas ate up all of the good traction!! All are good enough reason to prove it wasn’t my fault that I didn’t make it.

|

11/6/2018 9:27 AM

crc245 wrote:

Not sure if you've considered this, but a heavier clutch basket has a similar effect. I run this one in my 96' with Varner ...more

Was it worth the purchase, did it give you what you’re looking for?

|

11/6/2018 10:50 PM

(C)oal(R)egion250 wrote:

Was it worth the purchase, did it give you what you’re looking for?

Tried it on a whim and am very happy with the results. I was debating on a flywheel weight as well, but for moto I believe this is my best option (Plus, it's darn-near indestructible). With proper gearing and a fww, I'm sure you'll be able to get that 07' dialed in cool

|