ISO A-KIT shock parts

Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 10:07pm
I’m looking for a part for my A-Kit shock, to suit an 2007 Honda Cr250
It's the needle seat for the needle. Goes in top of shock shaft, threads in. Had an Ellen head holding it in
Or a parts fiche would be good
Only reason for looking as I had a replacement shaft made up and the person threw the old shaft and valve seat out?
Can anybody help me out?
|
7/22/2018 2:19am
I have a take off like new 13 showa rmz shock that has a 18mm shaft. Would the needle seat be the same? I think the rmz shocks have some good parts in them from what I read.
BML139
7/22/2018 7:14pm
It's called a check valve... no although rmz shocks are 18mm and some parts fit a kit components they do not come with the internal check valve... you dont need it... it keeps the rebound and come circuits completely seperate.... from my understanding it is used mainly for supercross and they make check valve nuts as well. The a kit shock on my kawi doesnt have it. The a kit shock on my Honda does.
DJV804
7/22/2018 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 7:27pm
BML139 wrote:
It's called a check valve... no although rmz shocks are 18mm and some parts fit a kit components they do not come with the internal check...
It's called a check valve... no although rmz shocks are 18mm and some parts fit a kit components they do not come with the internal check valve... you dont need it... it keeps the rebound and come circuits completely seperate.... from my understanding it is used mainly for supercross and they make check valve nuts as well. The a kit shock on my kawi doesnt have it. The a kit shock on my Honda does.
I think it all depends on who is setting it up and their theories, my experience was the opposite, I prefer the check valve on my shocks, but all I ride is MX.

The Shop

DJV804
7/22/2018 10:15pm
So it works like the race tech rebound seperater nut ?
Yes that's the same thing. Check valve on top of the shaft.

Post a reply to: ISO A-KIT shock parts

The Latest