ISO 05-07 CR250R crankcases

12/29/2017 6:04pm
I purchased a 2007 CR250r a while back. It looked to be in great condition and it mostly was. After getting the bike home I noticed a giant gouge in the front of the cases dead center on the mating surfaces. It’s directly under the exhaust head and perfectly hidden by the pipe. It looks like a jackhammer was used to split the cases(probably just a hammer and chisel). Slowly I’ve been making this bike a awesome woods machine but I can no longer ignore this issue. Even if I could get the cases to seal again after the rebuild it’s going to bother me. I want to see what’s out there before I buy new cases, let me know what you have.
|
bm201
12/29/2017 11:02pm
I have a buddy who has an 05 motor with an eric gorr 265. Bottom end has a new hotrods crank in it, but the cylinder will need to be replated and new top end. Nonetheless yours would just bolt on if you went that route. If interested text Ben 5853304938, located Rochester, NY.
r18b
12/30/2017 2:55am
Better get some new cases.. instead of the post above with hot rod crap in it. Nothing better then a oem crankshaft.
For the price of the oem honda parts i wish i was living in the usa instead of europe.
12/30/2017 11:35am
I’m going to start my bottom end hopefully tomorrow and I can’t wait to see what’s going on in there. My plan is to buy a wrench rabbit kit with a wiseco top and bottom. A friend of mine did his bottom with hot rods and said he loves it but I never used them before so I was going to stick with what I know. I thought about going all OEM but the wrench rabbit kit is only 340 for everything I’ll need so that’s pushing me in that direction. Either way the cases are my main concern. I found a set of 05 cases on eBay for under 300 but the one case is ground down by the counter shaft from a chain pop. The guy says it’s fine but I’d rather find something in better condition.
12/30/2017 11:42am
bm201 wrote:
I have a buddy who has an 05 motor with an eric gorr 265. Bottom end has a new hotrods crank in it, but the cylinder...
I have a buddy who has an 05 motor with an eric gorr 265. Bottom end has a new hotrods crank in it, but the cylinder will need to be replated and new top end. Nonetheless yours would just bolt on if you went that route. If interested text Ben 5853304938, located Rochester, NY.
Does he want to sell the complete engine or would he do just the bottoms end? It looks like the used a screw drive to pry the cylinder up when doing a top end but it’s not to bad. All I can say is that the person who did the work on my bike has no business working on a machine. I would be interested to her what your friend has to offer. Do you know how many hours he has on the hotrods crank? If it’s fresh I would just fit my top to it and use it for another season. If not maybe I’d be better off spending the almost 600 on new cases but I’m trying to avoid that. 600 for cases then a bottom end kit, I’ll have a 1000 bucks into it.

The Shop

12/30/2017 8:47pm
bm201 wrote:
I have a buddy who has an 05 motor with an eric gorr 265. Bottom end has a new hotrods crank in it, but the cylinder...
Thanks for the lead. I talked to him today and I’m going to pull the trigger on it.

Post a reply to: ISO 05-07 CR250R crankcases

The Latest