I hate to be that guy, but...

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 12/15/2018 2:24pm
There are a few folks in here who have been stretching well beyond what this area is supposed to be for.

If you’re selling multiples of new, unused stuff? You’re doing it as a business.

If you’re selling multiples of used stuff? You’re doing it as a business.

If you have a website devoted to selling that stuff? You’re doing it as a business.

If I’m getting a call from a manufacturer (like I did earlier this week) that some of the prices in here are so low that they’re near distributor prices, you’re doing bad business.

This area is for peer-to-peer sales, not for businesses.

|
12/15/2018 3:07am Edited Date/Time 12/15/2018 3:18am
I feel the same about people who buy everything to flip for profit on here, all those peeps selling 10 sets of a kit each year are the reason i can't get a set for a fair price... We need a good clamp down Wink
cmotodad
12/15/2018 10:23am
CrGuy2T,
In my opinion, the parts you sell around here are first class and do a service to Vital buyers. We have a few parts from you that we'd still be looking otherwise. What ever happens over this, I say Thank You for always being helpful with knowledge and parts..
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
12/15/2018 12:00pm
Crguy you're fine, you sell cool shit I just enjoy getting to look at.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
12/15/2018 12:27pm
Ryan at MxLocker..... he’s talking to you

The Shop

navalseabee
12/15/2018 2:00pm
Curious as to why a manufacturer would talk to you versus the athlete/sponsoree who's giving away or selling their sponsor issued/purchased items. It cant be that difficult to figure out where the "sponsored only" stuff comes from.
Bruce372
12/15/2018 2:24pm
I think there is a big difference between selling used bike parts and selling lots of new gear still in the wrappers or boxes
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
12/15/2018 2:59pm
I think the problem is that these guys are operating a business using this forum and not paying for advertising space like they should be.
dkurtd
12/15/2018 3:22pm
Curious as to why a manufacturer would talk to you versus the athlete/sponsoree who's giving away or selling their sponsor issued/purchased items. It cant be that...
Curious as to why a manufacturer would talk to you versus the athlete/sponsoree who's giving away or selling their sponsor issued/purchased items. It cant be that difficult to figure out where the "sponsored only" stuff comes from.
GuyB didn't say it was athlete/sponsoree items. Said a manufacturer (could be a gear company) contacted him about the prices of new items being sold at or near distributor prices. This would mean said manufacturers dealers are loosing out and complaining to the manufacturer. Thus, the manufacturer complains to GuyB.
erickx450
12/15/2018 5:36pm
I enjoy the good deals. I’ll keep looking/buying until it ends.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
12/16/2018 5:04am
I like to buy items at middle man prices.
12/16/2018 8:43am
Please post some killer deals on Bell Moto Flex before it's too late. Hate to see this come to an end...but it is understandable. During the off season it's the main reason I come to this site.
Turbojez
12/16/2018 9:10am
If there's anything wrong with my posts in this section, please let me know.
I am not in the business, nor am I making a living on what I sell through Vital, I do buy and sell plenty of suspension stuff though, but purely from one moto head to another. Wouldn't want to piss off anyone.
Just chiming in to understand if GuyB's post was aimed towards guys like me.
Helda
12/16/2018 1:39pm
I'm sure its not the guys selling second hand suspension..
12/17/2018 4:36am
erickx450 wrote:
I enjoy the good deals. I’ll keep looking/buying until it ends.
Tru That ....Don't hate the player hate the game !!!!
Zeke27G
12/17/2018 6:23am
cmotodad wrote:
CrGuy2T, In my opinion, the parts you sell around here are first class and do a service to Vital buyers. We have a few parts from...
CrGuy2T,
In my opinion, the parts you sell around here are first class and do a service to Vital buyers. We have a few parts from you that we'd still be looking otherwise. What ever happens over this, I say Thank You for always being helpful with knowledge and parts..

I second what cmotodad said...CrGuy2T is good people!
BobPA
12/17/2018 6:37am
dkurtd wrote:
GuyB didn't say it was athlete/sponsoree items. Said a manufacturer (could be a gear company) contacted him about the prices of new items being sold at...
GuyB didn't say it was athlete/sponsoree items. Said a manufacturer (could be a gear company) contacted him about the prices of new items being sold at or near distributor prices. This would mean said manufacturers dealers are loosing out and complaining to the manufacturer. Thus, the manufacturer complains to GuyB.
I do not see the problem here? As long as the individual attained the products in a legal manner, i.e did not steal them. Who are they, the manufacturer, to tell them what price they can or cannot sell it for. It is THEIR property, the seller can do what he/she wants with it.
dkurtd
12/17/2018 8:38am
dkurtd wrote:
GuyB didn't say it was athlete/sponsoree items. Said a manufacturer (could be a gear company) contacted him about the prices of new items being sold at...
BobPA wrote:
I do not see the problem here? As long as the individual attained the products in a legal manner, i.e did not steal them. Who are...
I do not see the problem here? As long as the individual attained the products in a legal manner, i.e did not steal them. Who are they, the manufacturer, to tell them what price they can or cannot sell it for. It is THEIR property, the seller can do what he/she wants with it.
Ok Bob, tell me why manufacturers tell RockyMountain ATV they can't give RM Cash for there items?

The following brands have requested to be removed from the RM Cash program: AMS®, JOE ROCKET®, MOOSE RACING®, SCOTTS PERFORMANCE®, SIDI®, THOR®, ICON®, DRAG SPECIALTIES®, RAM MOUNTS®, ARCTIVA®, TRUKKE®, KLIM®, SCORPION®, Z1R®, RAPID TRANSIT®, VEMAR®, POWER-TRIP®, ROCKWELL®, AGV®, DOUBLE TAKE®, AMERICAN KARGO®, SCHUBERTH®, MOTOZ®, FORCEFIELD®, FREEDOM PERFORMANCE®, BRP®, FALCO®, S&B FILTERS®, ICON 1000®, DP BRAKES®, CLEAN SPEED®, BULLET PROOF DESIGNS®, ZAC SPEED®, OX-BRAKE®, LECTRON®, STEGZ®, PYTHON®, SHOWROOM®.

I'll tell you, they want an even playing field for all there dealers, they don't want one dealer stinking it up for all the other dealers.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
12/17/2018 9:28am
dkurtd wrote:
BobPA wrote:
I do not see the problem here? As long as the individual attained the products in a legal manner, i.e did not steal them. Who are...
dkurtd wrote:
Ok Bob, tell me why manufacturers tell RockyMountain ATV they can't give RM Cash for there items? The following brands have requested to be removed from...
Ok Bob, tell me why manufacturers tell RockyMountain ATV they can't give RM Cash for there items?

The following brands have requested to be removed from the RM Cash program: AMS®, JOE ROCKET®, MOOSE RACING®, SCOTTS PERFORMANCE®, SIDI®, THOR®, ICON®, DRAG SPECIALTIES®, RAM MOUNTS®, ARCTIVA®, TRUKKE®, KLIM®, SCORPION®, Z1R®, RAPID TRANSIT®, VEMAR®, POWER-TRIP®, ROCKWELL®, AGV®, DOUBLE TAKE®, AMERICAN KARGO®, SCHUBERTH®, MOTOZ®, FORCEFIELD®, FREEDOM PERFORMANCE®, BRP®, FALCO®, S&B FILTERS®, ICON 1000®, DP BRAKES®, CLEAN SPEED®, BULLET PROOF DESIGNS®, ZAC SPEED®, OX-BRAKE®, LECTRON®, STEGZ®, PYTHON®, SHOWROOM®.

I'll tell you, they want an even playing field for all there dealers, they don't want one dealer stinking it up for all the other dealers.
Or their biggest buyer told them to.
BobPA
12/17/2018 3:10pm
dkurtd wrote:
BobPA wrote:
dkurtd wrote:
Ok Bob, tell me why manufacturers tell RockyMountain ATV they can't give RM Cash for there items? The following brands have requested to be removed from...

You really believe that companies care about the little guy? They care about making money, they are a business after all, and I do not blame them. If the companies cared they would not sell to places like Motosport and RM. If they are moving product and making a profit, they will not care if 1 dealer or 100 dealers are selling their merchandise.

Moose, Thor, Drag, Arctiva, AGV, Z1R, DP, and AMS are all distributed by Parts Unlimited....Moose, Thor, and Drag are owned by Parts Unlimited. It would not surprise me if they make more $ of a local dealer, as compared to RM.
dkurtd
12/17/2018 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2018 4:38pm
BobPA wrote:
dkurtd wrote:

BobPA wrote:
You really believe that companies care about the little guy? They care about making money, they are a business after all, and I do not blame...
You really believe that companies care about the little guy? They care about making money, they are a business after all, and I do not blame them. If the companies cared they would not sell to places like Motosport and RM. If they are moving product and making a profit, they will not care if 1 dealer or 100 dealers are selling their merchandise.

Moose, Thor, Drag, Arctiva, AGV, Z1R, DP, and AMS are all distributed by Parts Unlimited....Moose, Thor, and Drag are owned by Parts Unlimited. It would not surprise me if they make more $ of a local dealer, as compared to RM.
So answer this question. Why would Parts Unlimited (a distributer) hold RM's feet to the fire and make them market things for full retail and not give a discount in the way of RM Cash? As you said in your original post who are they to tell someone what they can and can't sell something for. After all as you said once RM buys it, it is THEIR property.
DJV804
12/17/2018 5:25pm
dkurtd wrote:
BobPA wrote:
100% agreed. It isn't any different than goin to eBay or whatever. I don't have a connection to the manufacturer, I'll sell it at whatever price I want. Them losing money because I decided to let something that's MINE go for cheaper than them isn't my problem.
BobPA
12/17/2018 5:41pm
dkurtd wrote:

BobPA wrote:
You really believe that companies care about the little guy? They care about making money, they are a business after all, and I do not blame...

dkurtd wrote:
So answer this question. Why would Parts Unlimited (a distributer) hold RM's feet to the fire and make them market things for full retail and not...
So answer this question. Why would Parts Unlimited (a distributer) hold RM's feet to the fire and make them market things for full retail and not give a discount in the way of RM Cash? As you said in your original post who are they to tell someone what they can and can't sell something for. After all as you said once RM buys it, it is THEIR property.
I am honestly not sure why have these policies. But, I would be willing to bet it is not meant to benefit the little guys. People, a lot smarter than me, have crunched the numbers and came up with a business plan...And we will probably never know the true reasoning.
DuroTools
12/18/2018 1:44am
BobPA wrote:

dkurtd wrote:
So answer this question. Why would Parts Unlimited (a distributer) hold RM's feet to the fire and make them market things for full retail and not...
BobPA wrote:
I am honestly not sure why have these policies. But, I would be willing to bet it is not meant to benefit the little guys. People...
I am honestly not sure why have these policies. But, I would be willing to bet it is not meant to benefit the little guys. People, a lot smarter than me, have crunched the numbers and came up with a business plan...And we will probably never know the true reasoning.
I have an e-commerce background and my guess is the reason RM doesn't allow these brands to get rewards is because the profit margin is so slim that they just simply wouldn't make enough money and or the companies listed have a strict minimum published sale price. This is why allot of times you will see the same price no matter where you get it from, cause they can't legally sell it any lower without getting in trouble from the manufacturer. Some places get around this by offering "rewards". If you know you get 5% rewards that is like getting a 5% lower price in a way. Some manufacturers may have rules about this, likely some of the names above. I have gotten a warning from a manufacturer for selling items below the minimum advertised price on Amazon but they contacted me directly not contacted Amazon. For a manufacturer to complain a dealer is on here selling for too low is like in my above example for the mfg complaining to Amazon. Don't go after the website, go after the person who is doing the selling. Although if this person isn't an authorized dealer for that product than there is nothing they can do about it except figure out how they are getting the product then stop the source.
12/21/2018 11:30pm
Sounds like Bob doesn't give 2 shits about the local dealers. As long as Bob can get his stuff cheap that's all that matters. As the above poster said map policies are implemented for a reason...so the online juggernaut can't buy 5000 of something and discount it at a price that the dealer can't even buy it for. It keeps everyone on the same playing field and doesn't allow RMATV, Chapmoto, etc. to pull a walmart. Of course the manufactures are going to sell their parts to the online retailers all day because they're making money, but with them implementing map policies they're still protecting the dealership...you know the place that sells the bikes that they make the parts for...the place where the bike you ride came from...we probably want to keep them around don't you think?? I love good deals just like anyone else but you gotta support your local dealer.
yz133rider
12/22/2018 6:06am
Sounds like Bob doesn't give 2 shits about the local dealers. As long as Bob can get his stuff cheap that's all that matters. As the...
Sounds like Bob doesn't give 2 shits about the local dealers. As long as Bob can get his stuff cheap that's all that matters. As the above poster said map policies are implemented for a reason...so the online juggernaut can't buy 5000 of something and discount it at a price that the dealer can't even buy it for. It keeps everyone on the same playing field and doesn't allow RMATV, Chapmoto, etc. to pull a walmart. Of course the manufactures are going to sell their parts to the online retailers all day because they're making money, but with them implementing map policies they're still protecting the dealership...you know the place that sells the bikes that they make the parts for...the place where the bike you ride came from...we probably want to keep them around don't you think?? I love good deals just like anyone else but you gotta support your local dealer.
.....not when a dealer wants 140 for a tire thats 70 online. And they nver stock even the most common of parts. Im good. Im not supportimg them.
Natester551v
12/22/2018 6:50am
Sounds like Bob doesn't give 2 shits about the local dealers. As long as Bob can get his stuff cheap that's all that matters. As the...
Says the guy literally selling stuff from his dealership in the Bazaar on Vital....which was the original point of GuyB's post.

Just sayin'...
DTR830
Fantasy
1057th
12/22/2018 7:31am
BOB has been employed by the "local" dealer for years now. He just realizes the way the world works.
DTR830
Fantasy
1057th
12/22/2018 7:33am
yz133rider wrote:
.....not when a dealer wants 140 for a tire thats 70 online. And they nver stock even the most common of parts. Im good. Im not...
.....not when a dealer wants 140 for a tire thats 70 online. And they nver stock even the most common of parts. Im good. Im not supportimg them.
Cheaper, faster & I don't have to leave me house.? All in.

Just waiting for the day when Bikes get delivered like Carvanna
12/22/2018 7:40am
yz133rider wrote:
.....not when a dealer wants 140 for a tire thats 70 online. And they nver stock even the most common of parts. Im good. Im not...
Huh, didn't realize every single dealership in the country operates the same exact way and has the exact same inventory. No dealership I know sells tires at full pop, everyone knows they're whored out all over the internet. Did you even bother asking if they price match? You grouping all US dealerships into 1 is pretty ignorant. So if and when you go to buy a new bike you're going to tell them how bad they suck right?
yz133rider
12/22/2018 7:50am
yz133rider wrote:
Huh, didn't realize every single dealership in the country operates the same exact way and has the exact same inventory. No dealership I know sells tires...
Huh, didn't realize every single dealership in the country operates the same exact way and has the exact same inventory. No dealership I know sells tires at full pop, everyone knows they're whored out all over the internet. Did you even bother asking if they price match? You grouping all US dealerships into 1 is pretty ignorant. So if and when you go to buy a new bike you're going to tell them how bad they suck right?
Thats how the dealers near me operate. And when i buy a new bike from dealerships the last 3 ive driven 5+ hrs each way to get a good deal. A good deal as in 1-3k under retail out the door. As in 3-5k less than a local dealer would be asking.

Post a reply to: I hate to be that guy, but...

The Latest