Honda 2 stroke kit suspension. 98 and up

CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
3/10/2018 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 8:51am
Suspension came from a 98 mike Craig Honda of Troy bike being parted out. You will need to change the clevis to whatever year bike you want to put it on as the 98/99 clevis is shorter. Will also need the old style brake hanger. Has gold billet showa fork caps. Shock is kashima. Fork tubes are in good shape. The lugs are ano but do have some wear. Forks are 47mm uppers are kashima but the lighter old school color.
1200.00 plus shipping
Robertmartin517@yahoo.com

|
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
3/11/2018 5:06pm
Bump
Yotam
3/14/2018 6:18pm
I can’t believe there isn’t any interest in these.
It is very easy to fit new A kit suspension on those old 2 smokers...
All you need is new linkage and your good to go ( front stays the same) the price is still good tho...
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
3/14/2018 6:46pm
Yotam wrote:
It is very easy to fit new A kit suspension on those old 2 smokers... All you need is new linkage and your good to go...
It is very easy to fit new A kit suspension on those old 2 smokers...
All you need is new linkage and your good to go ( front stays the same) the price is still good tho...
Yeah true you can just put the old linkage in the new frames or vice versa.

The Shop

3/14/2018 6:58pm
I’m sure it’s a slim chance but would it work that way for newer stuff? Could I use the 2014 linkage to make the shock work on my 07 CR?

Sorry, I don’t mean to high jack your post.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
3/14/2018 8:51pm
I’m sure it’s a slim chance but would it work that way for newer stuff? Could I use the 2014 linkage to make the shock work...
I’m sure it’s a slim chance but would it work that way for newer stuff? Could I use the 2014 linkage to make the shock work on my 07 CR?

I have no idea.
281moto
3/15/2018 5:29am
I’m sure it’s a slim chance but would it work that way for newer stuff? Could I use the 2014 linkage to make the shock work...

No. That will not work easily. It won't be a throw together and go. I know for a fact that the 05-08 CRF450R linkages and the 09+ CRF450R linkages are dissimilar. I was looking at using a 2015 Shock in an 08 CRF450R frame. It would work but the lengths are a little funky and I thought maybe swapping the linkage would correct this.... nope. Geometry is slightly different.
3/15/2018 8:10am
281moto wrote:
No. That will not work easily. It won't be a throw together and go. I know for a fact that the 05-08 CRF450R linkages and the...
No. That will not work easily. It won't be a throw together and go. I know for a fact that the 05-08 CRF450R linkages and the 09+ CRF450R linkages are dissimilar. I was looking at using a 2015 Shock in an 08 CRF450R frame. It would work but the lengths are a little funky and I thought maybe swapping the linkage would correct this.... nope. Geometry is slightly different.
Well at least I expexpected you to say something like that. I know it won’t be a throw together kind of project but I’m having trouble finding solid answers about what to do.

Will the shock fit in the frame as is? I know the length will be wrong but will it at least bolt into the frame. I’m considering buying a 2007 CR A-Kit shock body to use but I will still need a clevis. I’ll probably find a unicorn before I find the parts I need.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
3/15/2018 9:05am
Well at least I expexpected you to say something like that. I know it won’t be a throw together kind of project but I’m having trouble...
Well at least I expexpected you to say something like that. I know it won’t be a throw together kind of project but I’m having trouble finding solid answers about what to do.

Will the shock fit in the frame as is? I know the length will be wrong but will it at least bolt into the frame. I’m considering buying a 2007 CR A-Kit shock body to use but I will still need a clevis. I’ll probably find a unicorn before I find the parts I need.
Why not call pro circuit, factory connection, or suspension direct for the parts. They will sell you the parts. Problem is you need to know what high speed adjusters go into what shock body. It just doesn’t all fit universal. Likely you can make your shock work. Your gonna have to experiment a little bit instead of expecting everyone to hand feed you information. Trial and error.
3/15/2018 12:31pm
Well at least I expexpected you to say something like that. I know it won’t be a throw together kind of project but I’m having trouble...

CrGuy2T wrote:
Why not call pro circuit, factory connection, or suspension direct for the parts. They will sell you the parts. Problem is you need to know what...
Why not call pro circuit, factory connection, or suspension direct for the parts. They will sell you the parts. Problem is you need to know what high speed adjusters go into what shock body. It just doesn’t all fit universal. Likely you can make your shock work. Your gonna have to experiment a little bit instead of expecting everyone to hand feed you information. Trial and error.
I’m not looking for anyone to do it for me. Im doing my best to research so I know where to start. As far as I know almost everything will transfer over to a 07 A-Kit body.

My problem is I’m not rich. I have 3 kids and and wife to be that all depend on me. Maybe we started our family to young but it’s the choice we made. I pay all of our bills including the mortgage which puts a hurting on me. It takes me time to bank some money so I can do a project like this. Forgive me for not wanting to waste money on a trial and error process. I thought the point of this forum was to help other riders out but maybe it just to figure out who has the fattest wallet.

P.S
I already talked to FC, they said the will look into but I never heard back from them. I also called PC and the guy that answered want very interested in helping me. They loose interest when they hear me say CR250. I’m guessing it’s because there isn’t any money in it. The PC guy said they have pretty much sold off all parts for CR’s and they won’t be getting anymore.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
3/16/2018 7:14am
1500 plus shipping reduced
barkhard696
3/17/2018 9:32am
>Forgive me for not wanting to waste money on a trial and error process. I thought the point of this forum was to help other riders out but maybe it just to figure out who has the fattest wallet.

THIS^^ I needed a reminder why I sold out my stuff and left.

You can have either cheap or nice. Do you use the cheapest safety gear when you're in a mine, or the lowest-bidder healthcare for your kids?

Everyone of us has a story or more about the front desk people at PC or FC, the average age there is maybe 21 and that's when then adults are working. If it's not a 4t they don't care. To find speciality stuff you have to network and be willing to spend, because there are going to be other people who want the same stuff but who aren't constrained by budget. I have dealt with CRguy many times and he's good people. Arrgh, what's the use. Good luck everyone!
3/17/2018 9:57am
>Forgive me for not wanting to waste money on a trial and error process. I thought the point of this forum was to help other riders...
>Forgive me for not wanting to waste money on a trial and error process. I thought the point of this forum was to help other riders out but maybe it just to figure out who has the fattest wallet.

THIS^^ I needed a reminder why I sold out my stuff and left.

You can have either cheap or nice. Do you use the cheapest safety gear when you're in a mine, or the lowest-bidder healthcare for your kids?

Everyone of us has a story or more about the front desk people at PC or FC, the average age there is maybe 21 and that's when then adults are working. If it's not a 4t they don't care. To find speciality stuff you have to network and be willing to spend, because there are going to be other people who want the same stuff but who aren't constrained by budget. I have dealt with CRguy many times and he's good people. Arrgh, what's the use. Good luck everyone!
I never said he wasn’t good people. I never said a bad thing about anyone. I’m taking on a project that’s new to me and thought I would try to get advice from the more experienced people.

I have no problem buying what I need but I won’t pay twice the value of something and would rather not purchase a incorrect item.

You know that old saying “work smart not hard”, I thought that’s what I was doing by coming to Vital for advice. Let me know when you guys are accepting applications into your seceret brother hood. Maybe I’ll have enough street cred by then to get in.
Thanks.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
3/17/2018 9:59am
Applications no longer accepted.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
3/17/2018 10:03am
I never said he wasn’t good people. I never said a bad thing about anyone. I’m taking on a project that’s new to me and thought...
I never said he wasn’t good people. I never said a bad thing about anyone. I’m taking on a project that’s new to me and thought I would try to get advice from the more experienced people.

I have no problem buying what I need but I won’t pay twice the value of something and would rather not purchase a incorrect item.

You know that old saying “work smart not hard”, I thought that’s what I was doing by coming to Vital for advice. Let me know when you guys are accepting applications into your seceret brother hood. Maybe I’ll have enough street cred by then to get in.
Thanks.
First thing you need to do is get your shock to the proper length then go from there. If you can’t figure it out from that point then, there isn’t really much to tell you. You say work smarter not harder yet you bought the wrong stuff for your bik in the first place. Yes, you can make that shock work. Good luck with your project.
3/17/2018 10:53am
I never said he wasn’t good people. I never said a bad thing about anyone. I’m taking on a project that’s new to me and thought...

Thanks.
CrGuy2T wrote:
First thing you need to do is get your shock to the proper length then go from there. If you can’t figure it out from that...
First thing you need to do is get your shock to the proper length then go from there. If you can’t figure it out from that point then, there isn’t really much to tell you. You say work smarter not harder yet you bought the wrong stuff for your bik in the first place. Yes, you can make that shock work. Good luck with your project.
I understand that. I bought this A-Kit for the front end and was going to sell the shock. The shock is in great condition so I decided to give it a try. I’ve been trying to hunt down the correct length clevis. From what I see so far there is no point in going any farther without that. I’m confident that I can make it work with the current shock body if I had the clevis. If not I will change the body but again, I’m not going to continue without the clevis. As of my current knowledge that is the most important part to achieve the length I need. it’s a snug fit in the top mount but it mounts. With a slight subframe mod it will work great. I love CR’s and I love high performance parts as much as the next guy so I was trying to get myself in the circle. All the other guys I ride with went to orange or blue but I’m determined to update my CR and get a few more years out of it. The scrambles will be here soon and I want to make sure there is some red out there.
Thanks again, sorry your post is jacked up.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
3/19/2018 6:28am
1200.00 lowest I can go
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3665th
3/20/2018 8:51am
Sold

Post a reply to: Honda 2 stroke kit suspension. 98 and up

The Latest