For Sale or Trade: 1997 ATK 605 Dual Sport

rancor19
Edited Date/Time 4/12/2017 12:43pm
Planning buying a brand new DS next year but, in the mean time, I'm looking for a newer dirt-only. I'm looking for 2k cash or trade for this bike. Wanted to give first crack to you guys if there's any interest. I'll throw it on Craigslist if not.
I'm sure I don't need to go into the history of ATK for anybody here. It's a great bike and has never let me down or left me stranded but it has a few issues. I'll be straight-up about them here:
1. Blown fork seal -- I have the seals just haven't replaced them.
2. Starter sprag gear -- Needs replaced. E-start works when warm but I don't even try when it's cold(just kick it).
3. Rear Rotor -- It came loose on me and stripped a few threads in the hub. It's now helicoiled and loctited and not going anywhere - ever.
4. Leaky carb -- Not really leaky it just likes to dump the top 1/8 tank out the overflow(if you fill it). I replaced the needle valve/seat, o-ring seals and adjusted the floats but no luck. Still wanted to dump the top.
5. Needs a back tire for sure.

I haven't ridden it for about a year and a half and it needs a battery. If anyone is interested I'll buy the battery($120) and get her out of mothballs and fired up. So, yeah, it'll come with a brand new battery.

Also comes with owners manual, engine parts manual and spare timing belt.

Ron Wood Racing(in socal) is the source for Rotax parts.
American Dirt Bike(also in socal) is the source for all other things ATK.

$2,000 cash/trade.
I'm looking for a 250 2-stroke(YZ or RM) or a 450(any) that's gonna be reliable for a couple years Smile I can throw in some cash as well, I think.

This is the only photo I have on me guys, sorry. Bike is in storage and I wont be able to get over there to take more pics until the end of the month/early next.
|

Post a reply to: For Sale or Trade: 1997 ATK 605 Dual Sport

The Latest