The Dr. Phil Show & Pillow Fights

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2017 8:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2017 8:12 AM

Hi VitalMX'ers,

I paid for the goods but can't get Easternrider87 to send them, what should I do?

Have any of you been scammed by this guy?

I just want these parts I paid for over 3 weeks ago. I'm already committed to these parts (have purchased other related pieces), so I just want to receive them so I can move on.

Here's my the original thread:
http://m.vitalmx.com/forums/For-Sale-Bazaar,26/04-08-Crf450r-Crf250r-RG3-Diamond-Kit-Suspension,1320768

|

7/7/2017 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2017 5:05 PM

.. and to be clear, this posting only comes after repeated attempts (again) to contact easternrider87 without any success.

|

7/7/2017 8:38 AM

File a dispute with paypal. They will charge back to his account and give you your money back. This method can take up to 30 days to get your cash. Please tell me you didn't send it friends and family. If you paid by credit card through paypal just call your credit card and claim fraud. You will get it back instantly.

|

7/7/2017 9:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2017 9:50 AM

Did you send it friends and family? If so that was a mistake and your money is long gone. If you didn't all you need to do is call PayPal and they will cancel the transaction and give you your $ back. Don't even try if you sent friends/family your wasting your time.

|

7/7/2017 9:26 AM

I don't understand why people make shit so difficult. If a guy pays for the Parts send him his shit simple as that.

|

7/7/2017 10:09 AM

I'll pay the PayPal fee rather than send it friends and family.

|

7/7/2017 10:34 AM

vinnieo wrote:

I'll pay the PayPal fee rather than send it friends and family.

Exactly,. But people don't wanna pay fees and it bites them in the ass.

|

7/7/2017 1:55 PM

I've sold stuff and for reasons beyond my control have not been able to get them shipped out in a timely manner before. I offered to refund the buyer and certainly stayed in contact, explaining the circumstance.

This guy won't respond now? Fuck him, good for you calling him out.

|

7/7/2017 2:10 PM

It definitely sucks but I don't understand why risk it for a minimal fee. It's no different then insuring suspension when you ship it.

|

7/7/2017 2:19 PM

I saw in the other thread that a shipping label was generated. Do you have any of his info, name address etc? Maybe a vital member who is close to him would visit him on your behalf. I would be willing if he is close to me

|

7/7/2017 2:29 PM

Good for you calling him out. If shipping of the stuff you paid for is delayed even one day, he should let you know and keep you informed. Unfortunately not everyone knows the basics of customer service... hope you'll get your money back without any issues!

|

7/7/2017 2:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2017 6:10 PM

|

7/7/2017 3:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2017 3:30 PM

He had this straightened out, or so he said. Fucked you for real?

|

7/7/2017 3:39 PM

I bought wheels from this same guy and front brake setup. Shipped everything in a timely manner and gave me tracking info. I even had a problem with the front brake and he sent me a partial refund for it. I do remember he did not answer texts promptly. He said he lived out in the boon docks and got horrible service. Not taking up for him or anything, just adding my 2 cents.

|

7/7/2017 4:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2017 5:01 PM

Appreciate all the support guys, not trying to mudsling, and I'm only stating facts.

After I posted this (and I sent easternrider87 a link to this post), he's in contact again. For some reason, this seems to be the only way to get him to respond. His update to me is:
-He has again offered to refund me, but I'd prefer to get the parts if I can at this point. He did refund another VitalMX'er just a few days ago and I confirmed he actually got the money.
-He appears to be having genuine isses with Fed-Ex, but he also doesn't seem to insure things for some reason, more to come on that front
-He really does seem to be a nice, honest person when I can get in touch with him. It seems like he's experiencing a few "perfect storms" as of late, I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt (and I admit anyone in their right mind should have just got a refund when offered - so this is my bad if I do end up getting screwed).
-Everyone deserves a chance and I'd like to give him the opportunity to redeem himself.
-My experience with him has been troublesome, no question. I can say with 100% certainty I've been very patient, understanding, and practical. If I hear anything to the contrary, my outlook and attitude will take a serious turn.

I will keep you updated.

|

7/7/2017 6:06 PM

macz400 wrote:

I bought wheels from this same guy and front brake setup. Shipped everything in a timely manner and gave me tracking info. I even had a problem with the front brake and he sent me a partial refund for it. I do remember he did not answer texts promptly. He said he lived out in the boon docks and got horrible service. Not taking up for him or anything, just adding my 2 cents.

What that the set, by any chance, that you sold to me and claimed they were in great condition? But when I received them the rims were cracked everywhere and a broken rear hub? Just wondering........

|

Born in Prague,living in LA,so if you don't like my spelling,blow me!

18 YZ450F
16 Yamaha YXZ 1000R
17 Yamaha MT-10 FZ-10 165 Hp RWP
06 CRF450X street legal supermoto
06 RM250 smoker
1992 CR250R basket case
2006 CRF50

7/7/2017 6:17 PM

macz400 wrote:

xr70 wrote:

What that the set, by any chance, that you sold to me and claimed they were in great condition? But when I received them the rims were cracked everywhere and a broken rear hub? Just wondering........

Plot twist!

Damn, what in the fuck is up with fellow MX'ers screwing each other over.

|

7/7/2017 6:52 PM

xr70 wrote:

Not the wheels again. Lol

|

7/7/2017 6:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2017 7:31 PM

macz400 wrote:

xr70 wrote:

Here we go again with this fuckin idiot lol. No those weren't the wheels. Don't want to get into our whole deal again as it's been beaten to death. Gave you what we agreed to, you still bitched. Oh and by the way, those wheels that were supposedly so bad (the sorocket holes being loose or wallered out) were on a CR that you were selling on here! Don't think I didn't notice. Didn't want to start no shit but apperantly you do!

|

7/7/2017 11:27 PM

macz400 wrote:

xr70 wrote:

macz400 wrote:

Here we go again with this fuckin idiot lol. No those weren't the wheels. Don't want to get into our whole deal again as it's been beaten to death. Gave you what we agreed to, you still bitched. Oh and by the way, those wheels that were supposedly so bad (the sorocket holes being loose or wallered out) were on a CR that you were selling on here! Don't think I didn't notice. Didn't want to start no shit but apperantly you do!

Macz wins!

|

7/8/2017 12:49 AM

macz400 wrote:

xr70 wrote:

macz400 wrote:

xr70 trolls just about every for sale ad on here. Mostly to tell people he thinks their stuff is overpriced. Pretty funny he put the wheels on a bike to sell. If what he said was true about the wheels and he put them on a bike knowingly for someone else to ride... well you get the picture.

|

7/8/2017 5:21 AM

Quit buying used stuff from strangers online, simple. When will people learn.

|

7/8/2017 5:37 AM

Dude take the refund and forget about the parts at this point, not worth more excuses or no parts in hand.

|

7/8/2017 7:40 AM

This needs to go to the Dr. Phil show at this point.

|

7/8/2017 1:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2017 1:33 PM

The wife got pretty upset about my desire to continue to wait on the suspension I bought when easternrider87 had offered to refund my money, so this morning I asked for my money back and he promptly refunded me via PayPal.

Summary:
(1) I purchased an RG3 Diamond kit suspension + triple clamps from easternrider87 on 14-Jun
(2) easternrider87 was great to deal with early on, super helpful answers, etc.
(3) easternrider87 had to leave for a 2+ week work assignment in east Texas and his cell phone reception was evidently poor and he was unable to respond to my inquiries about my purchase.
(4) I got increasingly concerned about having been scammed the more time passed and I hadn't received any parts coupled with his lack of response to multiple texts, emails, and voicemails.
(5) A fellow VitalMX'er who was in the same boat with easternrider87 reached out to me (he also paid + never received goods + no had lacking communications with easternrider87) and he ended up getting a refund on his purchase.
(5) This thread was started to bring this matter to a close --- I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted this suspension set to upgrade my 08 CRF450R, but for whatever reason easternrider87 could not deliver the parts promised (Fed-Ex policy about NOT shipping items that contain oil appears to be the issue). This is the part that is the most upsetting. I spent ~ 1 week of screwing around while on summer vacation with my family to get this resolved. In the end, I never got the goods that I was planning my project around, my wife was pissed, and it was a lot of wasted time, hassle, stress, and caused me to be somewhat disengaged on my vacation. Really not cool.
(6) easternrider87 has cleared his name - HE DID NOT RIP ME OFF, HE REFUNDED MY MONEY AS PROMISED THIS MORNING.

easternrider87, I wish you the best, but ask that you treat fellow riders with more respect in future transactions. Had you been highly communicative, none of this would have come to a head. Heck, I'd probably be working with Fed-Ex on your behalf to assist you, as I've had similar situations with them as well. Clearly you are a solid eBay seller (and buyer), as evidenced by your 100% positive rating, so I'm going to chalk up my bad experience with you as you having experienced a "perfect storm" in your personal life with work, Fed-Ex, poor cell phone reception, and you're learning time management. If you feel any of my comments above are unfair, please speak up.

Moderator, please delete this thread now. It has served its purpose.

|

7/8/2017 1:35 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Hahah what? This is the shittiest piece of advice I have ever heard on here.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

7/8/2017 2:22 PM

mxb2 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Yea, look at the hassles above. Yea. I am wrong lol.

|

7/8/2017 3:03 PM

mxb2 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Literally millions of transactions per day are done by strangers over the Internet. I have been buying things on the internet for 15 years with only a few small mishaps. I'll stand by my claim, shittiest advice I have heard on vital to date.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

7/8/2017 3:11 PM

BobPA wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Literally millions of transactions per day are done by strangers over the Internet. I have been buying things on the internet for 15 years with only a few small mishaps. I'll stand by my claim, shittiest advice I have heard on vital to date.

Cool, maybe you are more trust worthy. Not me . Cash in hand in person. Local sales. And read some of the posts you do before you make that claim.

|

7/8/2017 3:12 PM

Yep and you said a few mishaps, just proved my point.

|