Custom KYB KTM Husqvarna DLC Forks

Related:
Create New Tag

11/16/2018 2:28 PM

For sale a custom built KYB setup for 2016+ KTM/Husky bikes. Brand new KYB cartridges, DLC Lowers, black anodized uppers. Set up for your weight and riding style before shipping.
Price is 2300USD Shipped to your door and set up how you want it.
PayPal as Family/Friends or buyer pays 4% fees.
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

11/16/2018 2:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2018 2:33 PM

|

11/16/2018 8:48 PM

If you know, in your opinion how are these compared to cone valve air or spring forks?

|

11/17/2018 3:23 AM

Jesseb663 wrote:

If you know, in your opinion how are these compared to cone valve air or spring forks?

I never tried cone valve air. As far as cone valve spring forks vs KYB SSS, properly set up KYBs are no worse than cone valves IMO and much more bulletproof. Parts are way cheaper too. There is a reason factory KYBs are pretty much the same as standard ones other than fancy coatings wink

|

11/17/2018 6:44 AM

What would be needed to use on 2014(.5) Factory Edition. Which is same as 2015 standard model. KTM450sxf ? I believe I have the small axle.

|

11/17/2018 8:23 AM

Yzf916 wrote:

What would be needed to use on 2014(.5) Factory Edition. Which is same as 2015 standard model. KTM450sxf ? I believe I have ...more

If you have a small axle equpiied bike, it is a straight bolt on. If you have the front wheel made to be used with a bigger axle you will need a smaller axle and 20$ worth of spacer kit, for example this one:
spacers for 26mm axle wheel

|

11/20/2018 9:00 AM

Bump, 2200 and they're yours.

|

11/20/2018 10:31 PM

God dang it! Turbo , I swear when the funds become available , I'm getting in touch with you. I'm going to be looking for something good for my 18' TC 250 before spring comes. And these forks are just sweet looking! Wish I had the fund's , as I'd take them off your hands.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/21/2018 5:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2018 5:45 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

God dang it! Turbo , I swear when the funds become available , I'm getting in touch with you. I'm going to be looking for ...more

Much appreciated Jeffro, thank you! It would definiately look badass on your bike.
Hit me up whenever you need suspension for one of your huskies, I will do my best to provide you with the good stuff! cool
How do you like the 250 by the way? Comparison to RM is more than welcome.
There is a thought bouncing in my head about selling both my RM's (125 and 250) and getting a new TC - 150 or 250 next spring.

|

11/21/2018 7:50 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

God dang it! Turbo , I swear when the funds become available , I'm getting in touch with you. I'm going to be looking for ...more

Turbojez wrote:

Much appreciated Jeffro, thank you! It would definiately look badass on your bike.
Hit me up whenever you need suspension for ...more

Thanks Turbo!! I will definitely get in touch when the timing is right.

It's hard to compare both really at this point. The RM project got put on hold until I could finish a few things first and still need a couple other things. And it'll be far from stock , like the TC is right now. The TC is an amazing bike , but I do need to get some thing's figured out on that bike as far as setup and so forth goes. Definitely suspension , exhaust , taller seat , aluminum throttle tube , carb updates ( or change ).

But I gotta say , even though this TC is new , I honestly don't think it's much better than the RM to be honest. I really think that RM was way ahead of it's time , and when it comes right down to a way a bike feels for that certain person.....that RM is damn near perfection when I ride it. It truly is an incredible machine , and it's 12 years old! That's what's shocking about it. I got this new TC , but I don't think I'll be selling that RM in the near future , or possibly ever. I'm going to take the winter and finish that build , and have it ready for spring.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

11/22/2018 2:05 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Thanks Turbo!! I will definitely get in touch when the timing is right.

It's hard to compare both really at this point. The ...more

Awesome, thank you for the insight! Looks like we share the same view on RM250.
I will try the new TC first chance I get and will rebuild the RM125 back to glory from the ground up, then I will make a decision.
I just rode a 2019 YZF 250 a couple of days back and surprisingly enough I liked my RM a lot more. Fun factor just isn't comparable for me, and it is pretty much all I care about when going out to ride.
Hopefully once I finish the SSS conversion on my Zook, it will get even better. wink

|

12/1/2018 2:06 PM

Interested. PM sent.

|

Shout out to: Fly Racing, X Brand Goggles, Kenda Tire, Nuetech Nitromousse, ProTune Suspension, Motool, Sunstar Sprockets, and Rehmerts Kawasaki KTM

Instagram: WoodsRacer126

12/1/2018 4:46 PM

This a sss setup?

|

12/2/2018 1:16 PM

Sold

|

12/2/2018 1:17 PM

fluxracing223 wrote:

This a sss setup?

Yes, SSS Cartridges

|

12/4/2018 5:50 AM

fluxracing223 wrote:

This a sss setup?

Turbojez wrote:

Yes, SSS Cartridges

I sent you a return email about CVs or possibly having a set of these built. Would you be willing to give me a price on building a set?

|

Shout out to: Fly Racing, X Brand Goggles, Kenda Tire, Nuetech Nitromousse, ProTune Suspension, Motool, Sunstar Sprockets, and Rehmerts Kawasaki KTM

12/4/2018 6:46 AM

WDSRCR wrote:

I sent you a return email about CVs or possibly having a set of these built. Would you be willing to give me a price on ...more

I will have a set built for you. I don't think I got the last e-mail from you. It is going to take a coupe of days to have a set built. Price remains at 2300USD built and set up for your weight and riding style. We could work on a price a little, but not much. Please send me your weight and riding type and we'll get things moving smile

|

12/4/2018 8:52 AM

I had a few questions first before building a set. I will draft a new email this evening when I have more time and some notes in front of me.

Thank You for the reply and I look forward to talking more with you!

|

12/4/2018 5:07 PM

Email sent Turbojez

|

12/20/2018 5:14 AM

Sold

|

12/20/2018 4:31 PM

Hey Turbo......just for my own knowledge here : But when you have a set of forks like this , how to they compare to something like a CV set , and just a stock set of OEM stuff , re-sprung / valved ect? I know guy's that have used the CV stuff and they swear it's a huge improvement over modified stock stuff. Would a set of forks like these fall some where in the middle , as far performance goes? Closer to a set of CV forks , then the stock stuff?

Is there such a thing as a " B kit " KYB setup for these newer ktm / husky bikes? And what's the difference between them and CV forks?

|

12/20/2018 6:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/20/2018 6:33 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Hey Turbo......just for my own knowledge here : But when you have a set of forks like this , how to they compare to something ...more

I haven’t ridden the WP forks with the SSS cartridges installed, but I’ve owned Yamahas that I sent out to Enzo. As good as a KYB fork feels, it really can’t compare to the Cone Valve forks, (if the cost isn’t being considered) IMO.

But... these are some cool looking forks, that should work better than any standard WP fork with valving

|

12/21/2018 1:09 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Hey Turbo......just for my own knowledge here : But when you have a set of forks like this , how to they compare to something ...more

Hey Jeffro,

I would assume those forks to fit in the category of KYB B-kit, stock with fancy coatings.
KYB cartridges installed in WP outer tubes are slightly more rigid than yamaha counterparts.

You know, I find it pretty hard to give you a straight up answer as to which ones are better.
It is pretty much a "Blondes or Brunettes" question to me, a matter of taste and how you like the suspension to work for you.
I had a couple of sets of Cone Valves (52mm included) and they are brilliant, but the SSS's are great also (when set up properly of course).

I rode the forks posted here back to back with KYB Factory, and I felt no difference, but on the other hand, I ain't no pro.
If I had to choose, I would give a slight nod performance wise to the CV.
They just make you safely ride out A LOT of "Oh shit" moments.

On the other hand, CV's are pretty fragile (construction wise) in comparison to KYB's (other than stock free floating pistons, but everyone swaps them out anyway).

Sorry I wasn't able to help much, like I mentioned I think it's mostly a matter of your personal preference.
Either will be a big improvement over stock WP stuff on KTM/Husky.

I actually work on putting the SSS on my RM within the next couple of weeks. Just because I like them that much and I don't think I've ever seen one. wink

|

12/21/2018 3:31 AM

To stiff

|

12/21/2018 3:28 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Turbojez wrote:

Hey Jeffro,

I would assume those forks to fit in the category of KYB B-kit, stock with fancy coatings.
KYB cartridges ...more

Thanks Turbo ( and Shaun above ) for the info. I am pretty certain that before spring comes along here in a couple month's , I'll be looking to do something. I don't really want to slap a bunch of money into my OEM stuff , when I could use / re-sell something that's better , without totally losing every penny.

Turbo.....I'd like to hear your thought's on how they work on your RM. I already have a set of A-kit for the RM , but was more curious on how they may compared to my standard oem WP stuff. I mean , even a kit like this , is something I could sell off later , instead of losing every single penny on my OEM re-worked stuff. I'll probably be looking for a Traxx shock as well.

|

12/21/2018 3:56 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Turbojez wrote:

Hey Jeffro,

KYB cartridges ...more

jeffro503 wrote:

Thanks Turbo ( and Shaun above ) for the info. I am pretty certain that before spring comes along here in a couple month's , ...more

I think it's the best possible way to do it. Grab a set of decent, used suspension and keep the stock stuff on the shelf for when the time comes to sell the bike.

I will be updating my old build thread as soon as I get things moving with my RM, I will let you knowe after I put some rides in too!

|