Buyer beware ECMX247

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2021 6:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2021 6:07 AM

Bought a set of restyle plastics from this dude and didn't send the brackets for the front number plate and fender. Seller said he would mail the brackets out. After nothing for a month the multiple messages without replies, I told him I would post a buyer beware for his poor communication and empty promises. He instantly replied and said he lost the brackets and would send me ASV levers for my grief. I told him he didn't have to give them to me since that isn't a fair trade, I offered to pay for them and he insisted he would just send them. 2 weeks later, no brackets of course after he said he had tracking info for me and no replies.

I understand these are just brackets but a man is only as good as his word. Buy at your own risk. Photo

|

10/7/2021 7:18 AM

Thanks for the heads up - will avoid!

|

Contact me at: VitalMX123@outlook.com

10/7/2021 9:19 PM

Dude the bracket is simple 3x m6 x 12mm screws and 3 x m6 nuts, some shears that will cut through an old front plate and some time, its not rocket science. I thought ecmx was a decent seller at least in my eyes he was good to deal with for me.

|

10/8/2021 5:11 AM

I have the one for the number plate if you want it. It holds the plate too far away from the triple clamps IMO. I use it without. Can also use front fender without bracket. On my old 07 rmz450 I had a 08 plate. Think I just melted the fender and reshaped it and drilled new holes. Lasted for the year I had the bike.

|

10/8/2021 7:30 AM

I have one in one of my parts bins to for sure. If you’d cover shipping I wouldn’t charge anything for the part.

|

10/11/2021 11:22 PM

X2 - I bought the complete motor, pipe, silencer, carb and electronics and was told to pay using PayPal friends & family from this guy. Luckily for me I paid the extra PP fees as after weeks I received a single box that was much too light to include the motor, the box was beat to hell and parts were not packed well like I specifically asked the seller to do and offered to pay extra for. No motor ever arrived, I asked for tracking numbers and he could not provide. The package that did show up was also labeled as 1 of 1 with the shipper.

Weeks of messages and being told later that he shipped the motor separately and it should arrive some day. After the responses stopped I finally had enough of the BS and filed a complaint with PP requesting a refund and offering to return the parts that did show up.

3 months later I was finally refunded a portion of my purchase and learned a good lesson.

|

10/12/2021 8:33 AM

Thanks for heads up
Thieves suck

|

10/12/2021 6:40 PM

Austin_Rankin wrote:

Dude the bracket is simple 3x m6 x 12mm screws and 3 x m6 nuts, some shears that will cut through an old front plate and some ...more

"Dude", yes I understand the bracket is simple. There is 100 ways to get the fender on the bike. That isn't at all the point of the post. The point is a man is only as good as his word.

|

10/12/2021 6:41 PM

quiknic wrote:

X2 - I bought the complete motor, pipe, silencer, carb and electronics and was told to pay using PayPal friends & family ...more

Wow! I am so sorry to hear that man! PayPal goods and services forever!

|

10/12/2021 9:06 PM

quiknic wrote:

X2 - I bought the complete motor, pipe, silencer, carb and electronics and was told to pay using PayPal friends & family ...more

What portion did PayPal refund? I've always been curious about how that works.

|

Contact me at: VitalMX123@outlook.com