Beware of scammer in Bazaar

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2017 8:16 AM

Looks like texasracer111@gmail is a scammer.
Sent PayPal $175 for FMF slip on.
Zero response.
James Maddison is the name associated with his account.
Grrrrrr.

|

11/27/2017 8:42 AM

Hopefully you didn’t pay as “friends and family”. If you did not, simply open up a dispute on PayPal. They always side with the buyer. One time was trying to get some of my money back, or return the boots. Guy didn’t respond to the dispute. They gave me all the money back and i kept the boots.

|

11/27/2017 8:50 AM

that was a good deal too

|

11/27/2017 10:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/27/2017 10:29 AM

752dad wrote:

Looks like texasracer111@gmail is a scammer.
Sent PayPal $175 for FMF slip on.
Zero response.
James Maddison is the name associated with his account.
Grrrrrr.

What other data do we have?

Any other emails, phone numbers, names? Call PayPal and dispute, and see if they can give you the name on file.

I had a similar situation, and called PayPal and despite a bogus name and email, they had his bank info and gave me his first and last name. I tracked him down by city and got his phone number.

Where there is a will, there is a way

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

11/27/2017 11:09 AM

Thanks Guys,
Made a bad decision and sent it friends and family.
PayPal suggested contacting my bank.

Pisses me off that you can’t trust anyone anymore.

KC

|

11/27/2017 11:15 AM

Unless I know them or have some way to formally identify who they are, I do not send via friends and family.

|

11/27/2017 1:33 PM

Here I was mad that I contacted him by email to buy it and then saw your post that you already sent funds. Thought I missed out on a good deal...

|

11/27/2017 3:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/27/2017 3:46 PM

Stupid me, his account was opened the same day.
His user name is Texasrider1995
Karma is a Mf’er

|

11/27/2017 5:05 PM

There was another seller in here last week, just joined, first post, selling a CRF250 FMF full system but no photos..
I checked his profile, alarm bells went off. I sent him a PM and asked some questions and requested some photo's. No responce..
I don't know whether he was genuine or not. Gotta be careful folks.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

11/27/2017 5:07 PM

If the forum would introduce a system where a member can't enter the bazaar forum until they have reached a number of posts, it would help.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

11/27/2017 5:08 PM

752dad wrote:

Stupid me, his account was opened the same day.
His user name is Texasrider1995
Karma is a Mf’er

His profile said Green Bay, WI. When I emailed him I said I'm not far from there we can meet up for me to pay and him to deliver. He said he moved to Texas and didn't change location...

|

11/27/2017 6:52 PM

When I am buying from someone new to me who wants to use friends and family, I just offer to pay the fees for using regular PayPal. I just let the person know that it’s not personal, just the fact that we’ve never dealt before. If they still balk at that, to me it’s a red flag and I’ll walk.

|

11/28/2017 4:27 AM

omalley wrote:

When I am buying from someone new to me who wants to use friends and family, I just offer to pay the fees for using regular PayPal. I just let the person know that it’s not personal, just the fact that we’ve never dealt before. If they still balk at that, to me it’s a red flag and I’ll walk.

I sell a lot of stuff locally on Facebook groups. Often times people will talk me into shipping stuff, I won’t do it unless it’s a more expensive easy to ship item, just not worth my time.

However, I’ll only ship if you pay me family and friends. I’ve sold a couple things over the years, where the buyer disputed, and PayPal always sided with them.

Most of the times when I buy stuff off Facebook groups, people are the same way, they want it family and friends. I’m fine with that usually, cause I can see there profile, and we usually have several mutual friends. On here you gotta be a little more cautious.

|

11/28/2017 6:32 AM

We need a pinned post of verified sellers like on other many high dollar sale boards on the Internet. Now I know one could potentially sell something small and look legit and then turn around and scam somebody on a big ticket item but I believe this would at least help in combination with looking at the history of the posts of the seller.

|

11/28/2017 8:00 AM

MotoMaverick989 wrote:

We need a pinned post of verified sellers like on other many high dollar sale boards on the Internet. Now I know one could potentially sell something small and look legit and then turn around and scam somebody on a big ticket item but I believe this would at least help in combination with looking at the history of the posts of the seller.

Great idea and it would be very easy to do.

|

11/28/2017 8:10 AM

All good suggestions. Thanks guys.
How do we get Guy B on board?
Hopefully help some others in the future.

KC

|