Looking for a clean 03 KTM 250SX for a McGrath build!

wrvaughn7
7/2/2018 7:35am
Decent looking 125sx in Crossnore, NC. Not close but not terribly far away from you.

125SX

The Shop

flatout111
9/19/2018 7:26am
Still looking, fellas. Someone here in NC had one and he's on Vital but it was the two week period where my Wife broke her foot and it just wasn't a good time. Sad

Let me know if see anything, guys. Thanks.
flatout111
10/19/2018 6:18am
Still searching. There are a few out there for sure but most are beat to death. And those that aren't, people are asking ridiculous amounts. Thought I had one but it actually was bad timing right when my Wife had some health issues. She's fine, thankfully, but wasn't able to make that deal happen.

So anyway, long story short. Still looking!
walent215
10/19/2018 6:28am
flatout111 wrote:
Still searching. There are a few out there for sure but most are beat to death. And those that aren't, people are asking ridiculous amounts. Thought...
Still searching. There are a few out there for sure but most are beat to death. And those that aren't, people are asking ridiculous amounts. Thought I had one but it actually was bad timing right when my Wife had some health issues. She's fine, thankfully, but wasn't able to make that deal happen.

what's the deal with an 03? I'm not familiar with these ktms at all...theres an 06 by me for sale for 1500
flatout111
10/19/2018 6:47am
flatout111 wrote:
Still searching. There are a few out there for sure but most are beat to death. And those that aren't, people are asking ridiculous amounts. Thought...

walent215 wrote:
what's the deal with an 03? I'm not familiar with these ktms at all...theres an 06 by me for sale for 1500
The 03 made more horsepower but honestly that's not why I want it. I am looking to do a Jeremy McGrath KTM replica build. And that would mean a 2003 250SX. I have the ORIGINAL graphics so that is a huge bonus. I'm never parting with those. But finding a clean bike has been a challenge. And I'm not that mechanical. I have a buddy that works on stuff but looking the cleanest possible platform to build off of.
walent215
10/20/2018 5:59am
flatout111 wrote:

walent215 wrote:
flatout111 wrote:
The 03 made more horsepower but honestly that's not why I want it. I am looking to do a Jeremy McGrath KTM replica build. And that...
The 03 made more horsepower but honestly that's not why I want it. I am looking to do a Jeremy McGrath KTM replica build. And that would mean a 2003 250SX. I have the ORIGINAL graphics so that is a huge bonus. I'm never parting with those. But finding a clean bike has been a challenge. And I'm not that mechanical. I have a buddy that works on stuff but looking the cleanest possible platform to build off of.
10-4 that bud..I hope you find one !
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
10/20/2018 6:12am
flatout111 wrote:

What's your price range, ballpark?
KTM boy 137
10/20/2018 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2018 12:21pm
flatout111 wrote:

walent215 wrote:
flatout111 wrote:
The 03 made more horsepower but honestly that's not why I want it. I am looking to do a Jeremy McGrath KTM replica build. And that...
Well, I wasn't exactly looking to sell... as I just recently started going riding with some friends, but it's been a long time since I've actively ridden (frequently) other than the occasional trail session with friends - and I suppose what you'd do with it seems a lot more cool than what I've been doing with it.

I suppose I should bite the bullet - but I don't even know if this is as clean as you're looking for.

2003 KTM 250sx - it doesn't have the stock pipe or silencer (Pro Circuit Works and KTM hardparts silencer)

The handguards would not come with the bike as those have been spoken for if I ever part with her (and from the sounds of it you don't want them anyway).

I'm a huge McGrath fan - so it would be cool to see this become that... but again - no idea if this is as clean as you want. Runs great.

Anyway, here's a couple pics. Let me know if you're interested in seeing more.

showard357
10/21/2018 5:16pm
KTM 03 250 SX.New pro taper bars, clutch disks & basket, water pump, carb rebuild, has FMF gnarly pipe, MSR bark busters. Is pushing around 55 hp. It's very fast all work done by KTM mechanic in Crocker Mo.
flatout111
10/21/2018 7:13pm
walent215 wrote:
flatout111 wrote:
Well, I wasn't exactly [i]looking[/i] to sell... as I just recently started going riding with some friends, but it's been a long time since I've actively...
Well, I wasn't exactly looking to sell... as I just recently started going riding with some friends, but it's been a long time since I've actively ridden (frequently) other than the occasional trail session with friends - and I suppose what you'd do with it seems a lot more cool than what I've been doing with it.

I suppose I should bite the bullet - but I don't even know if this is as clean as you're looking for.

2003 KTM 250sx - it doesn't have the stock pipe or silencer (Pro Circuit Works and KTM hardparts silencer)

The handguards would not come with the bike as those have been spoken for if I ever part with her (and from the sounds of it you don't want them anyway).

I'm a huge McGrath fan - so it would be cool to see this become that... but again - no idea if this is as clean as you want. Runs great.

Anyway, here's a couple pics. Let me know if you're interested in seeing more.

PM sent to ktmboy137. Very interested.
flatout111
10/21/2018 7:29pm
flatout111 wrote:

SPYGUY wrote:
What's your price range, ballpark?
It would depend on how clean it is. And preferably close to stock.
KTM boy 137
10/21/2018 9:16pm
showard357 wrote:
KTM 03 250 SX.New pro taper bars, clutch disks & basket, water pump, carb rebuild, has FMF gnarly pipe, MSR bark busters. Is pushing around 55...
KTM 03 250 SX.New pro taper bars, clutch disks & basket, water pump, carb rebuild, has FMF gnarly pipe, MSR bark busters. Is pushing around 55 hp. It's very fast all work done by KTM mechanic in Crocker Mo.
I believe your years are mixed up friend.

That's not a 2003.
jmeredith20
5/14/2019 8:35am
flatout111 wrote:
I am very serious in acquiring a clean 2003 KTM 250SX if have or know anyone who has one. I'm in NC but willing to pay...
I am very serious in acquiring a clean 2003 KTM 250SX if have or know anyone who has one. I'm in NC but willing to pay shipping.
I know its been a while, but i have a 2003 250SX which i've owned since 2007. Barely ridden, raced 3 times in 2011, and once last year in a father/son ride.
JE2106
5/27/2019 12:09pm
Still looking for 2003 KTM 250SX? Currently own exact model. Completely stock. Ridden only on private property. Low time/miles on the motor. Has not been ridden in a long time. Located in western North Carolina.

Post a reply to: Looking for a clean 03 KTM 250SX for a McGrath build!

The Latest