Anyone get a deal on new tech 10s?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2019 10:52 AM

Anyone get a deal on new tech 10s? Love them, but hard to justify spending $600 when they fall apart so fast. Maybe switch to another brand?

|

3/31/2019 10:56 AM

"Signup" at Ktm-parts.com should bring them down to $540

Or add them to your cart at BTO sports. Act as if you were ready to check out with your email. WAIT a day or two & they will send you a 12% code.

|

3/31/2019 11:47 AM

Best deal I've ever found on them is buying SG12's for less $ that have a 500% longer life span!

|

3/31/2019 11:59 AM

All over eBay

|

4/1/2019 5:28 AM

gobig.com wrote:

Anyone get a deal on new tech 10s? Love them, but hard to justify spending $600 when they fall apart so fast. Maybe switch to another brand?

What size are you?

|

4/1/2019 6:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2019 6:11 AM

I just picked up a pair for 359 from Rocky Mountain I believe. Couple months ago. You just gotta wait until the online stores blow them out! And buy when they’re on sale.

Same with sidis and Gaerne. They all go on sale for around the 350 range at random times.

Im curious...this is my first set. What falls apart on them ?

|

GP740
Since 1987

4/1/2019 6:17 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

I just picked up a pair for 359 from Rocky Mountain I believe. Couple months ago. You just gotta wait until the online stores blow them out! And buy when they’re on sale.

Same with sidis and Gaerne. They all go on sale for around the 350 range at random times.

I think the OP is speaking to the new model tech 10's. The ones that you ordered are the previous versions.

|

4/1/2019 9:16 AM

gobig.com wrote:

wsmille2 wrote:

What size are you?

I am size 11. Could probably wear a 10.5 too

|

4/1/2019 9:17 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

I’ve owned about 4 pairs of them, the inside of the boot gets destroyed. Once that happens the boot becomes incredibly flimsy and not enough support.

|

4/1/2019 9:19 AM

gobig.com wrote:

Well, size 10 sounds like its going to be too small. I have those located here

|

4/1/2019 9:26 AM

Do yourself a favor, buy Sidis or gaernes. Alpinestars quality is piss poor. Sure if you don’t ride much or don’t ride hard then the astars will hold up fine.

|

4/1/2019 9:33 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

gobig.com wrote:

I’ve owned about 4 pairs of them, the inside of the boot gets destroyed. Once that happens the boot becomes incredibly flimsy and not enough support.

This only applies to 2019 models for the older models did not have a problem

|

4/1/2019 9:51 AM

machinski171 wrote:

Do yourself a favor, buy Sidis or gaernes. Alpinestars quality is piss poor. Sure if you don’t ride much or don’t ride hard then the astars will hold up fine.

I sell most of Sidis and they perform very well! I have good luck with Gaernes as well. Both very good alternatives to the Tech 10's,

|

4/1/2019 10:41 AM

Tech 7 is a nice alternative

|

4/1/2019 7:18 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

gobig.com wrote:

Alex_Konopisopoulos wrote:

This only applies to 2019 models for the older models did not have a problem

I’ve only owned the 17-18 models. Not the 19 yet, I’m hoping the 19 is more durable. I have some pretty blown out pics of tech 10s but I’m not on here to bash them so I won’t post them. Although I have contacted them in the past via email and phone call and they didn’t do anything about the issues I had.

|

4/1/2019 7:20 PM

machinski171 wrote:

I am really considering the sidi. I am a pro privateer so I am putting a ton of time on them so wear is expected, I’ve heard good thing about the sidi but haven’t tried them yet.

|

4/1/2019 9:51 PM

gobig.com wrote:

wsmille2 wrote:

What size are you?

gobig.com wrote:

That's a tough size to find at a discount. Someone on here had brand new 11s for 450 I believe.. probably gone though

|