2016 KTM 450 (Craigslist scam)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/11/2019 5:58 PM

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/d/san-diego-clean-ktm-450/6792318162.html

Hello again, I'm sorry for my late reply, i don't have so much time with all my things moving here in Nebraska, as I told you in my first email, I recently lose my son. I also got a new job and moved to Omaha, NE in order to start over. Please let me explain to you the process of this transaction and you can decide if you want to proceed or not. I'm in Omaha, NE but my presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with eBay. The bike is in Omaha at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 2 to 3 days.
You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the bike prior to making any purchase so...only after you receive the bike and agree to keep it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. If you want to make this deal I need the following details from you: full name, full address (street,city,state,zip), phone#.
Once I have your info I will forward them to eBay to get things started. eBay will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. Waiting for your email with the requested details. (with no further obligation or fees)

Thank you for patience, Anna
|

1/11/2019 6:27 PM

Seems legit to me

|

1/11/2019 8:14 PM

Ha, that’s funny. I actually went and looked at that bike about a year and a half ago, it’s out of Bakersfield. It is actually for sale, but for Way more than that.

|

1/11/2019 9:31 PM

The bikes in Omaha ????

|

1/12/2019 7:13 AM

langhammx wrote:

Seems legit to me

Please tell me you're joking!!!!

|

1/12/2019 8:24 AM

langhammx wrote:

Seems legit to me

fox777 wrote:

Please tell me you're joking!!!!

Yes

|

1/12/2019 9:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2019 9:58 AM

i dont get it, it is on craigslist but he wants payment thru ebay?
i am not familiar with craigslist because i am an "oversea purchaser" and use ebay
but if this scam has somthing to do with ebay i will be glad to know

|

1/12/2019 11:20 AM

Yotam wrote:

i dont get it, it is on craigslist but he wants payment thru ebay?
i am not familiar with craigslist because i am an "oversea purchaser" and use ebay
but if this scam has somthing to do with ebay i will be glad to know

EBay does not have anything to do with transactions conducted off of EBay. it's in their terms of service. Therefore it is certainly a scam

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

1/12/2019 12:18 PM

Hold on a second guys why are we all dismissing the possibility this is a real deal? Just because the price is too low, and the seller is out of state, and wants to use eBay against its terms of service, and the pic of the bike is stolen from a different website does not mean it can't be a legit sale.

|

1/12/2019 12:24 PM

Pete The Fisherman wrote:

Hold on a second guys why are we all dismissing the possibility this is a real deal? Just because the price is too low, and the seller is out of state, and wants to use eBay against its terms of service, and the pic of the bike is stolen from a different website does not mean it can't be a legit sale.

Well you’re right, all sounds legit except the price lol...
In Israel you can’t buy set of wheels for this bike in that price
Here new 450 KTM’s go arround 75,000NIS, it is more than 20,000$
Each year of use is lost of 10% value

|

1/12/2019 1:14 PM

Craigslist is nothing but scams. I’ve had this type of scam as well as a VIN check scam tried on me. So frustrating.

|

1/12/2019 5:24 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Seems ok to me as well...

|