2002 cr250 radiator. $50 plus shipping

Factory Dick
Edited Date/Time 9/27/2021 5:46am
Need gone. Excellent condition. Fill side.
|
ctb10j
9/9/2021 6:53pm
Is this still avalible? Is this the same as the 04 radiator?
seanmx57
9/9/2021 8:52pm
02 thru 04 same rad. 05 thru 07 same
ctb10j
9/18/2021 5:52am
Bought this "excellent" radiator. Thought I would share the condition. Top right corner is dented in and the lower left inner two veins are decently crushed and deformed.

Seriously think this was I'll described, the posting photograph appears decided to photo the best side of the radiator to not show off the damage.

Honestly the Rad on my bike is in better condition than this one

I did PM this seller before posting this publicly. It's $50 and the radiator appears usable so it's not the end of the world but It's unethical and I personally wouldn't do to a buyer what this seller did.

The Shop

9/18/2021 5:57am
Damn. That’s pretty shady, the sellers pic makes it look like it’s in perfect condition

Very nice bike btw
jtmillan
9/20/2021 6:35am
What a POS to sell something like that and not disclose the full condition.
That's outright fraud. All you can do is know that he will get fair turnaround, one way or the other.
The world has a way of evening things out over time. Bad treatment begets the same.
He should be called out on each future post.
I thought that might make a good spare till I scrolled all the way down to end of posting and saw the outcome.
What a dick.
Hope he enjoys the lousy 50 bucks.
He just sold his integrity for $50.
Dumb ass.
9/20/2021 11:40am
isnt this the same dbag who sold "a-kit" triple clamps to a member and they didnt fit his cr?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/20/2021 11:59am
isnt this the same dbag who sold "a-kit" triple clamps to a member and they didnt fit his cr?
I think it was a triple clamp. I remember something about just having to shim to make it work.

I just know it's not the first time people have had issues with things he's sold them.
cwr21
9/20/2021 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2021 12:36pm
ctb10j wrote:
Bought this "excellent" radiator. Thought I would share the condition. Top right corner is dented in and the lower left inner two veins are decently crushed...
Bought this "excellent" radiator. Thought I would share the condition. Top right corner is dented in and the lower left inner two veins are decently crushed and deformed.

Seriously think this was I'll described, the posting photograph appears decided to photo the best side of the radiator to not show off the damage.

Honestly the Rad on my bike is in better condition than this one

I did PM this seller before posting this publicly. It's $50 and the radiator appears usable so it's not the end of the world but It's unethical and I personally wouldn't do to a buyer what this seller did.

I have a brand new set of 2002-04 radiators (im sure).

Give me an email see if we can sort you out some nice rads for that bike.
Calumwilley@aol.co.uk
9/21/2021 3:21am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think it was a triple clamp. I remember something about just having to shim to make it work. I just know it's not the first...
I think it was a triple clamp. I remember something about just having to shim to make it work.

I just know it's not the first time people have had issues with things he's sold them.
Youre right I could be wrong. but he never told the guy that he needed to shim until after the sale and the complaint.
Rider 5280
9/22/2021 7:15am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2021 9:46am
Need gone. Excellent condition. Fill side. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/08/01/503737/s1200_A472737F_5A8F_4BCA_AFD3_0D0BF37E5858.jpg[/img]
Need gone. Excellent condition. Fill side.
Any comments Factory Dick?

Sure seems like you screwed ctb10j.

Factory Dick
9/22/2021 8:49am
Hold on. We are talking about a used radiator for a 20 year old bike!!! New rad’s are hard to find and are $200. I sold this one for $50 including shipping!!! Hello!!!!
yz133rider
9/22/2021 8:51am
Hold on. We are talking about a used radiator for a 20 year old bike!!! New rad’s are hard to find and are $200. I sold...
Hold on. We are talking about a used radiator for a 20 year old bike!!! New rad’s are hard to find and are $200. I sold this one for $50 including shipping!!! Hello!!!!
Hello you clearly took a picture of the best side. If you took a picture of each side, and someone bought it for $50 shipped - no issues. But you clearly avoided showing it’s true condition. Hence the issue.

Hello!!!!
9/22/2021 11:18am
Hold on. We are talking about a used radiator for a 20 year old bike!!! New rad’s are hard to find and are $200. I sold...
yz133rider wrote:
Hello you clearly took a picture of the best side. If you took a picture of each side, and someone bought it for $50 shipped -...
Hello you clearly took a picture of the best side. If you took a picture of each side, and someone bought it for $50 shipped - no issues. But you clearly avoided showing it’s true condition. Hence the issue.

Hello!!!!
The problem is it gives all sellers on here a bad name because one person (Factory Dick) isn't truthful and honest up front about what's for sale...

Rider 5280
9/22/2021 12:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2021 1:26pm
No, actually we are talking about honesty.

What you sold him was far from "excellent condition." There's no debating that and age or availability of the part has no bearing on the condition assessment.

If I were you, I'd own up to the "disconnect," since we assume you didn't mean to mislead him, and I'd ask what HE wants to do while providing some options to kick off the conversation:
(1) Factory Dick is really sorry, he didn't disclose that it was bent and dented, and he should have. Would you like a full refund to include shipping because this is my bad?
(2) Factory Dick is really sorry, would you like to keep the part because it's useful to you and I give you a credit of some kind. Does $25 seem fair?

Now ... let's review this situation for another important and totally missing aspect:
NO APOLOGY. FACTORY DICK DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU FEELING MISLED. HE IS STILL DEFENDING HIS ACTIONS OF MISLEADING YOU.

@ctb10j, thank you for alerting us to Factory Dick's ways and I'm sorry you got screwed.

I love this forum, I've almost never had issues with Sellers and I've had so many pleasant interactions + have learned A LOT. This is an anomaly, thankfully.

@-MAVERICK-, can you shut down such User accounts (or put them in a "time out") if they have a history of screwing other Users? Sure, they'll open another account, but maybe be better behaved?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2021 4:24pm
Rider 5280 wrote:
No, actually we are talking about honesty. What you sold him was far from "excellent condition." There's no debating that and age or availability of the...

What you sold him was far from "excellent condition." There's no debating that and age or availability of the part has no bearing on the condition assessment.

If I were you, I'd own up to the "disconnect," since we assume you didn't mean to mislead him, and I'd ask what HE wants to do while providing some options to kick off the conversation:
(1) Factory Dick is really sorry, he didn't disclose that it was bent and dented, and he should have. Would you like a full refund to include shipping because this is my bad?
(2) Factory Dick is really sorry, would you like to keep the part because it's useful to you and I give you a credit of some kind. Does $25 seem fair?

Now ... let's review this situation for another important and totally missing aspect:
NO APOLOGY. FACTORY DICK DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU FEELING MISLED. HE IS STILL DEFENDING HIS ACTIONS OF MISLEADING YOU.

@ctb10j, thank you for alerting us to Factory Dick's ways and I'm sorry you got screwed.

I love this forum, I've almost never had issues with Sellers and I've had so many pleasant interactions + have learned A LOT. This is an anomaly, thankfully.

@-MAVERICK-, can you shut down such User accounts (or put them in a "time out") if they have a history of screwing other Users? Sure, they'll open another account, but maybe be better behaved?
I can't shutdown/put him in a timeout. Only GuyB, GD2, and ML512 have the ability to do that. From my experience, people that get banned usually come back under a different name and proceed to act the same exact way.

The difference is that under a new username it's harder to avoid them since they have little to no posting history, so they appear to have a clean slate even though they're shady.

Sucks to say, but now that people have had issues dealing with Factory Dick it'll be easier for other members to avoid dealing with him or at the very least be more cautious.

Whenever he posts an item other members can now warn other members about dealing with him.
JWACK
9/23/2021 4:37pm
I have purchased items from Richard in the past without issues. I do see how this deal could be misconstrued though.

And if you can ban folks from being here for parts issues then it needs to start at the top….
ctb10j
9/27/2021 5:46am
Rider 5280 wrote:
No, actually we are talking about honesty. What you sold him was far from "excellent condition." There's no debating that and age or availability of the...

really think that @Rider 5280 said here was appropriate. had you just responded to my PM and apologized i would have taken that and been fine. The issue here is not that its a "bad deal" its just not the deal i would have made knowing the condition; that being said the trying a return or whatever is not worth my time. I build excellent bikes and I cannot use this radiator on anything I'm building, sure somebody else likely would/will. but i would have just passed on buying this if you had advertised it honestly/accurately.

You know what you did. I'm not all bent out of shape like this radiator. My intent of this post was to inform other potential customers here to understand who they're dealing with.

I appreciate all the others here who do appreciate my "issues" with this seller.

Pic for attention of my latest resto (july decal mx 500 winner)

Post a reply to: 2002 cr250 radiator. $50 plus shipping

The Latest