$100 Reward for recovery missing Gaerne SG-12 boots in Broomfield, Colorado

Rider 5280
Edited Date/Time 7/29/2021 1:06pm
Listing this here in case someone in the local area has any information that leads to the recovery of these $500 boots.

Figured one of us may run across these in our daily searches for all things mx on VitalMX, Craigslist, eBay, etc.

Here are the details:
https://denver.craigslist.org/mpo/d/denver-100-reward-return-of-gaerne-…

I've called all the all the surrounding businesses 2x in case someone had turned something in (7-28-2021 and the night it happened, 7-23-2021). This includes the carwash itself (actually 4-5x there). No dice so far - but I do keep checking in to see if anyone has turned something in.

Any help is appreciated!

|
BikePilot
7/28/2021 8:00pm
Man sorry to hear that. Will definitely keep an eye out! I wear sg12s myself and can commiserate.
mxb2
7/28/2021 8:30pm
Your home owners or renters insurance probably will cover the loss. Provide a receipt and police report #
DuroTools
7/29/2021 4:57am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2021 5:00am
Was there an employee on site where someone could have turned the boots into or was it the coin operated type of car wash where there is never any employees?

I think more tracks should have bike wash areas. After I get home, washing my bike is the last thing I want to do plus it's usually dark or getting dark.

The Shop

rbm33
Fantasy
1901st
7/29/2021 11:57am
You may have a little more luck if you don't list then as "stolen". I mean you did leave them there after all. I would have picked them up also if I had seen them setting there, I also would have made an attempt to return them to the rightful owner but if I had seen that he was accusing me of stealing them I probably wouldn't be so motivated to go out of my way and get him his boots back.
Rider 5280
7/29/2021 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2021 2:15pm
rbm33 wrote:
You may have a little more luck if you don't list then as "stolen". I mean you did leave them there after all. I would have...
You may have a little more luck if you don't list then as "stolen". I mean you did leave them there after all. I would have picked them up also if I had seen them setting there, I also would have made an attempt to return them to the rightful owner but if I had seen that he was accusing me of stealing them I probably wouldn't be so motivated to go out of my way and get him his boots back.
THAT is a great point. Thank you for that - truly. I'll update my ads to reflect that much better stance - I was too emotional when I wrote this ad originally. It was, after all, my bad to leave them and now they are simply "missing."

(7-29-201 @ 2:05 PM, updated the above + Craigslist to this effect).
Rider 5280
7/29/2021 1:08pm
DuroTools wrote:
Was there an employee on site where someone could have turned the boots into or was it the coin operated type of car wash where there...
Was there an employee on site where someone could have turned the boots into or was it the coin operated type of car wash where there is never any employees?

I think more tracks should have bike wash areas. After I get home, washing my bike is the last thing I want to do plus it's usually dark or getting dark.
I've left the carwash ~ 5 message/voicemails asking for them to return my call & to not delete any video for the timeframe in which this occurred. I've been unsuccessful in getting them to respond so far + there are no carwash attendants there ever.
rbm33
Fantasy
1901st
7/29/2021 1:24pm
DuroTools wrote:
Was there an employee on site where someone could have turned the boots into or was it the coin operated type of car wash where there...

Rider 5280 wrote:
I've left the carwash ~ 5 message/voicemails asking for them to return my call & to not delete any video for the timeframe in which this...
I've left the carwash ~ 5 message/voicemails asking for them to return my call & to not delete any video for the timeframe in which this occurred. I've been unsuccessful in getting them to respond so far + there are no carwash attendants there ever.
lol, i understand i would be a little emotional mysellf.

Employee may very well have taken them... in that case they were stolen!!

I had a friend do the same thing with his entire gear bag, helmet, boots... everything. He was literally sick.

Post a reply to: $100 Reward for recovery missing Gaerne SG-12 boots in Broomfield, Colorado

The Latest