Surron LBX E-Dirt Bike

Edited Date/Time 5/26/2022 11:11pm

New interesting MX style electric bike. We have had one for testing seems to be on par with about a 150cc but with mega acceleration.

The new SURRON LBX Dual Sport E-Dirt Bike promises advanced fun on all terrain. 60V and more than 6kW of peak power from a removal Panasonic Lithium ion battery pack. Forged light weight alloy frame combined with hi-spec components, total weight just 47kg. 4 Piston Hydraulic Disc Brakes Front and Rear. LCD dash with USB charger point. Aimed at youth to adult, with a climbing ability of over 45° it offers hours of near silent fun with a range of 40 to 60 miles per charge. Top speed 45 mph +, Fast Re Charge 2.5 to 3.5 hours.
|
9/28/2018 10:57am
There's a number of us in Iowa that have the Sur-Ron. We usually bring them to HS events as they make great pit bikes. I actually use mine to ride to work. I have a fun little 1-ish mile trail that I can take and it's a total blast. No one minds as it's nearly silent. It mostly gets looks as it's a very unique little bike.

I haven't done too much to mine yet. I only have LunaCycle's beefier skidplate on order. If you call LunaCycle and talk to their tech's, just be sure to have some time set aside. I called to get a status on my skid plate and nearly an hour later I was finally off the phone. They are working on their own controller from ASI and they are getting some crazy numbers.

On one of their tests, they got the little bike up to 100mph! Little fast for my taste on that frame!

So far, in sport mode, I have gotten mine to top out at nearly 50mph. Riding 6ish miles to work uses about 10% of the battery. That's with fun trail riding mixed in. Very impressed with it!
CG118
9/28/2018 2:53pm
How do you think it would handle a 2 hour hare scramble?
9/28/2018 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2018 10:13pm
CG118 wrote:
How do you think it would handle a 2 hour hare scramble?
I don't think it'd make it unless you really took it easy in Eco mode (less than 15mph on average). With the X-controller, which has regenerative brakes, you'd have a better shot.

I'd love to take it to a race just to see how it'd do.
CG118
9/29/2018 5:51pm
How about 1.5 hours at a mid-pack pace?

The Shop

CG118
10/1/2018 11:58am
No Joking Myers.

If the SURRON will handle 1:15-1:30 race time, I would be fine with that. I'm usually ready to get out of the saddle after an hour and a half anyway.
mikec265
10/2/2018 12:59pm
That powerplant in a real 65cc sized mx chassis would be awesome for my kid and the neighbors
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
10/18/2019 1:38pm
I just rode one of these today. It's a great little bike for what it's intended to do. Think "MTB but you don't have to pedal," and you'll have the right idea. It's light, maneuverable, and even wheelies! I did notice a large amount of missing "overrun" in the power; it seems like it accelerates strong and then tops out quickly. This much power but with 2 or 3 gears would be ideal for something 65cc or 85cc equivalent.
Also, the brakes are a little strange; they are motorcycle-friendly positions (front brake at the right hand). It seems strange to me since there is no foot brake. It's like riding a PW50. I'm more used to the "backwards" MTB layout when I have two brake levers, and I found myself grabbing a whole lot of front brake when I thought I'd be dragging the rear with my right hand, like I do on my MTB.
Bearuno
11/3/2019 2:40am
I don't think it'd make it unless you really took it easy in Eco mode (less than 15mph on average). With the X-controller, which has regenerative...
I don't think it'd make it unless you really took it easy in Eco mode (less than 15mph on average). With the X-controller, which has regenerative brakes, you'd have a better shot.

I'd love to take it to a race just to see how it'd do.
Someones already done that, and put it up on YouTube. Perhaps not a SurRon (though, I think it is), but the same sort of thing.

A group of my mates have Stealth brand E bikes. They've ended up having to build up much stronger wheels, as many 'things' remotely 'MTB' (not just wheels), cark it, promptly, when ridden hard.

Fun things for them, but scary (to me) with their huge Hub motor. I won't ride the bloody things, because of that. Their handling is atrocious (to me). SurRons ,and others like them, are far better in having a frame mounted Motor.

But, they - my mates with the Stealths, all Motorcyclists - can ride in the close / local bush, without attracting (much) attention. Though, the 'MTBers', largely, hate them, and, I find myself between groups of friends that are very antagonistic towards each other. Live and let live, I reckon, and, the trails the MTBers have taken over, as 'theirs', were put in by MC riders, well over 4 decades ago.........

One of my mates with a Stealth (among his many MCs and MTBs), I'm using as one of my development riders for my DH and Enduro frames, and this week, we should have Pinion Gearboxes arrive. I've reluctantly agreed to him putting a 250W E Hub wheel onto a frame, at times, as, it won't be so bloody heavy and utterly eff up the rear suspension / handling with such horrendous unsprung weight as what's on the Stealths. Pinion are really pushing this , recently. No trashed clusters, derailleurs or chains, with that set up. I'm interested in the result, as it's far cheaper to get the small 250W hub and all it's controllers, than it is to buy a High Quality mid motor 'Pedelec' set up. . I want it to be a 'Pedelec', not a throttled bike, as, throttled bikes will eventually, I reckon, be deemed just as illegal / 'nasty', as ICE bikes by the 'fun police' and enviros, the bastards....... Sad
lestat
5/26/2022 11:11pm
I stopped in at a kart track mini bike club and saw this guy lined up . Didn’t get a chance to talk to him . Looked like it handled reasonably well but lacked top end . A full class would be a lot of fun I bet .

burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
5/2/2023 11:49am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2023 11:51am

Kind if a hokey vid, but cool nonetheless 

https://youtu.be/5N4kuxVbn0g

Man, the Light Bee would be the coolest one to get and modify. Too much fun

Post a reply to: Surron LBX E-Dirt Bike

The Latest