KTM SX-E 5 Reliability Issues?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/7/2021 5:16 PM

Our brand new 2021 electric 50 has not been reliable, leaving my son without a Moto to ride on 2 of the 5 days we had planned to go riding. We returned it to the dealer the first time after experiencing the problem and will now have to again. Not confident in what the outcome might be at this point. Looking forward to the dealer’s and KTM’s response however, the lost opportunity and disappointment caused is not what I bargained for.

|

3/8/2021 9:33 AM

Can you elaborate on what has gone wrong with yours?

|

I like dirtbikes and dirtbike accessories.

3/8/2021 11:31 AM

Push the button to turn it on and the display lights up with a flashing yellow light at the top and a continual beep. Will not allow you to engage the power levels by depressing them or roll the grip forward to gain throttle

|

3/9/2021 1:20 PM

I have had that happen to mine once. It may be a coding issue. They can fix it easily at a KTM shop. I left it alone for a few days and recharged it and it never happened again. Put it on a stand the first time you hit the button. That could be bullshit but someone told me that so I do it. I have had my sons a year almost and that is the only problem I ever had.

|

4/28/2021 11:20 AM

I have had a ktm sx-e5 since February 2020. The bike has been awesome. Besides the fact that my son is able to ride his race bike daily, the cost of maintenance has been impressive. The only cost has been chain lube, and a thimble of fuel in the generator for a full charge , while away from a power source. We had a charging issue a couple months ago, and it was very difficult to trouble shoot. I brought it to the dealer, and they diagnosed it as a broken charger. Ktm replaced it for free, after a year of owning it, and riding it daily. I can’t say enough positive about this bike. My son has elevated his riding skills to the next level with it, and has managed to pull a couple holeshots on it as well. It’s a fast as anything out there, and way easier to ride in all conditions, and gives you the ability to throw a leg over it every day, regardless of where you live, and the confidence of racing the same bike you can ride in the front yard. I’m sorry you have had issues with it. I’m sure KTM will help you with the issues you’re having, then you can have confidence in riding it day in and day out. Good luck

|

4/29/2021 6:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2021 6:10 PM

dayton925 wrote:

I have had a ktm sx-e5 since February 2020. The bike has been awesome. Besides the fact that my son is able to ride his race ...more

What kind of run times are you seeing?

|

4/30/2021 7:05 AM

dayton925 wrote:

I have had a ktm sx-e5 since February 2020. The bike has been awesome. Besides the fact that my son is able to ride his race ...more

Brad460 wrote:

It depends on where we’re riding. On the track, turned all the way up, he’ll get about 30 minutes out of it. Riding off road, he will de-tune it a bit and we can run anywhere from 1.5-2.5 hours. If I’m on my mountain bike it’s closer to 3. Once it dies off road, we take about a 40 min lunch break, then ride again.

|

5/2/2021 5:09 AM

Not to take away from the ops thread but our 2020 has been solid. Only beef was getting replacement grips and the front sprocket.

|

5/2/2021 5:13 AM

dayton925 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

dayton925 wrote:

It depends on where we’re riding. On the track, turned all the way up, he’ll get about 30 minutes out of it. Riding off road, ...more

We get the same results. This bike really shines on hard pack and technical riding for a mini rider. My son will take the electric every time over his sx.

|

5/2/2021 10:55 AM

Since getting the bike back from the dealership we have had about 6 rides on it without any issues whatsoever.

|