Honda Electric Bike

4/23/2019 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2020 6:09am
I came here looking for information, i'm surprised theres no thread started yet...

Anyone got any info....rumors will do, on HP or battery life, weight maybe. I am keen to find out more about this bike.
|
mxracer666
4/23/2019 7:42pm
Honda said it was at a 250F level of power
mark911
4/9/2020 6:09am
I made these predictions just looking at the pictures that were released way back when.

The two stage gear reduction is pretty unusual, most are single or none at all (direct drive). This indicates the use of a high voltage, very high rpm (probably 15000rpm plus) motor. I like this approach as using slower more torquey motors narrow the powerband range and makes the bike feel more electric (like a Mack truck) instead of a stronger ICE bike. Higher voltage is more efficient and lighter but it does impose some additional safety requirements. Id say probably in the 30kw range.

The pack seems to be configured in a pyramid shape for lower CG and maximum space utilization. It looks like a single level pack with the cells mounted horizontally. Again, I like this design. It simplifies cell to cell interconnections and makes the cooling solution (water) easier and more efficient. Pack capacity I haven't tried to model but needs to be at least 6kwh.

The Shop

Chance1216
4/22/2020 9:27pm
mark911 wrote:
I made these predictions just looking at the pictures that were released way back when. The two stage gear reduction is pretty unusual, most are single...
I made these predictions just looking at the pictures that were released way back when.

The two stage gear reduction is pretty unusual, most are single or none at all (direct drive). This indicates the use of a high voltage, very high rpm (probably 15000rpm plus) motor. I like this approach as using slower more torquey motors narrow the powerband range and makes the bike feel more electric (like a Mack truck) instead of a stronger ICE bike. Higher voltage is more efficient and lighter but it does impose some additional safety requirements. Id say probably in the 30kw range.

The pack seems to be configured in a pyramid shape for lower CG and maximum space utilization. It looks like a single level pack with the cells mounted horizontally. Again, I like this design. It simplifies cell to cell interconnections and makes the cooling solution (water) easier and more efficient. Pack capacity I haven't tried to model but needs to be at least 6kwh.

Someone knows their stuff.👍
6/7/2020 2:29am
Me too!, but when ever will we get the chance to bloody well buy one, from any of them?....

Great info Mark911, that's a fantastic insight into it.

I am even looking at a KTM Freeride E at the moment, people just hate to hear a bike being ridden here in the U.K.

John Howerton on Youtubed is a real gem!.

Post a reply to: Honda Electric Bike

The Latest