y-zee 125 32-1

thereal87
Edited Date/Time 2/9/2018 3:36am
Been following for ages frothing over some of the builds. Decided to post my own even though it's average in comparison, picked up a flogged out 14 yz125, came with a gytr fmf shorty, v force reeds and 270mm front brake, engine had just had a "full rebuild"... rode it for 10 minutes and shat itself. So here's some before and after pics
|
thereal87
2/20/2017 4:08am
I split the cases, soda blasted them, rebuilt the motor top to bottom including all bearings, acid cleaned the frame, powder coated the swing arm, fitted some new plastics (combination of old and new shape yz) all new frame/suspension bearings, new tyres, bars, chain and sprockets, you name it I've probably replaced it

The Shop

wsc96
Fantasy
474th
2/20/2017 8:05am
Looks great Cool The YZinger sticker is awesome Woohoo The dirt in the track pic looks nice too!
ZM956
2/20/2017 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2017 12:19pm
Is that a stock pipe? I see where you're running a fmf shorty on there, but if that is a stock pipe and not a fmf factory fatty, how did you get that finish? Bike looks good man!
thereal87
2/20/2017 1:00pm
ZM956 wrote:
Is that a stock pipe? I see where you're running a fmf shorty on there, but if that is a stock pipe and not a fmf...
Is that a stock pipe? I see where you're running a fmf shorty on there, but if that is a stock pipe and not a fmf factory fatty, how did you get that finish? Bike looks good man!
Yeah bud it's just a stock pipe, just had guy grind back the seems a bit and raw it, it was actually pretty beat up when I got it and he blew all the dents out aswell, came out mint after the first ride

vmxracer
2/21/2017 2:38am
Exhaust looks cool.

Is that a guns n roses skull??
ZM956
2/21/2017 3:18am
ZM956 wrote:
Is that a stock pipe? I see where you're running a fmf shorty on there, but if that is a stock pipe and not a fmf...
thereal87 wrote:
Yeah bud it's just a stock pipe, just had guy grind back the seems a bit and raw it, it was actually pretty beat up when...
Yeah bud it's just a stock pipe, just had guy grind back the seems a bit and raw it, it was actually pretty beat up when I got it and he blew all the dents out aswell, came out mint after the first ride

Oh okay, I will look into that. I really dig the look, thanks again man!
thereal87
3/9/2017 4:42pm
Small update, got a mate of mine to cerakote my calipers and brackets for that factory touch, also aordered some titanium bleed nipples and pins/grub screws as i couldn't bring myself to put the dirty old ones back in

thereal87
4/24/2017 10:59pm
Don't really know if I should keep posting here, don't seem to have much of a following for this build, anyways update time! Treated myself to an early birthday present... a new PC ti-2 shorty, going to track down an old school stinger and run that! A few weeks ago some PC triple clamps popped up, I HAD to have them! So I messaged the guy sort of thinking they would have been snapped up already but surprisingly not... so I bought them then and there, a few other bits and pieces are new (works washers) and wear and tear parts, I'd say next on the agenda is building a set of wheels, hubs will be cerakoated burnt bronze with stainless spokes, but unsure weather to go blue rims or black? Any suggestions
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
4/25/2017 12:29am
thereal87 wrote:
Don't really know if I should keep posting here, don't seem to have much of a following for this build, anyways update time! Treated myself to...
Don't really know if I should keep posting here, don't seem to have much of a following for this build, anyways update time! Treated myself to an early birthday present... a new PC ti-2 shorty, going to track down an old school stinger and run that! A few weeks ago some PC triple clamps popped up, I HAD to have them! So I messaged the guy sort of thinking they would have been snapped up already but surprisingly not... so I bought them then and there, a few other bits and pieces are new (works washers) and wear and tear parts, I'd say next on the agenda is building a set of wheels, hubs will be cerakoated burnt bronze with stainless spokes, but unsure weather to go blue rims or black? Any suggestions
Hay mate, don't stress on the low activity in replys and comments. This was my first look at your build, and I probably wouldn't have commented either, but I guarantee a lot of people are interested in your build. I like what you have done with the stock pipe, they yzinger sticker is just a cool little touch. (Damn I miss KFC, don't have it in sweden) checking out other people's process/work space/ transport/tracks, ect... it's all interesting to me. Keep it coming.

My build just feels like a parts fitment process at the moment, but I have a few build worthy things lined up. And some of the people that have sent me pm's and tips on parts has been very helpful.

Even if no one comments, at least you will have your build documented for you to look back on. I sent my build link to some family and friends that otherwise would have know idea what I'm doing.
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
4/25/2017 12:40am
thereal87 wrote:
Don't really know if I should keep posting here, don't seem to have much of a following for this build, anyways update time! Treated myself to...
On another note, I had gold talon hubs with the carbon fibre insert with blue rims on my 2006 yz250. Was hard to ride some time coz I would get a hard on looking at my wheels. Black looks good on everything, but blue on a yz is unbeatable. And they will look better, longer than black rims.
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
4/25/2017 12:43am
A fellow Aussie doing a 2 stroke build… yep I'm following along too Cool
GregDVT
4/25/2017 9:43am
I think black rims would look better with the bronze hubs. Blue rims would be sweet with a polished and machined hub.
thereal87
5/9/2017 4:34am
Update! Recived the start of my ti bolt packages, this shit is addictive, other than that I've just been trying to ring its neck every spare chance I get

5/9/2017 6:29am
Great looking YZinger. Got some really nice parts on your 125, especially that new tasty titanium Tongue

^^^gotta love the 125 railing the inside for a clean pass on the thumper! Nice work!
5/9/2017 4:01pm
thereal87 wrote:
Update! Recived the start of my ti bolt packages, this shit is addictive, other than that I've just been trying to ring its neck every spare...
Update! Recived the start of my ti bolt packages, this shit is addictive, other than that I've just been trying to ring its neck every spare chance I get

Have you looked into the bolt on GYTR kit that Yamaha offers. Huge gains in power.

https://www.yamaha-racing.com/yz125-cup/articles/news/2016/641112/2016-…
thereal87
5/10/2017 12:53am
thereal87 wrote:
Update! Recived the start of my ti bolt packages, this shit is addictive, other than that I've just been trying to ring its neck every spare...

Have you looked into the bolt on GYTR kit that Yamaha offers. Huge gains in power.

https://www.yamaha-racing.com/yz125-cup/articles/news/2016/641112/2016-…
Yeah mate I would love to get one of those kits but are quite pricey, I'm sure you would get good gains out of it though, I've already done some porting to my current cylinder, but ran out of time to set the squish so that's on the cards and also get the carb oval bored next
thereal87
5/10/2017 12:55am
Cooper 688 wrote:
Great looking YZinger. Got some really nice parts on your 125, especially that new tasty titanium :P ^^^gotta love the 125 railing the inside for a...
Great looking YZinger. Got some really nice parts on your 125, especially that new tasty titanium Tongue

^^^gotta love the 125 railing the inside for a clean pass on the thumper! Nice work!
Thanks mate appreciate the kind words
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
5/10/2017 8:50am
Where did you source your ti bolts from? Where they pricey? Shipping?
thereal87
5/10/2017 5:13pm
Badd127 wrote:
Where did you source your ti bolts from? Where they pricey? Shipping?
Hey mate, there's a bloke that runs a ebay store, he's pretty cheap, the engine kit was 180 for 30pieces, he does bike specific kits for engine and body
thereal87
9/23/2017 1:29am
This build was looking great.. Can we see what it looks like today??
Hey mate I've been pretty quiet on here lately but she's getting another makeover, bikes currently a bare frame, acid cleaning the frame again and refurbing/replacing everything on the way back up, will post some current pics when I get home
Mr. Sandman
9/23/2017 8:52pm
Good looking YZ. Can you provide details on your acid cleaning process?

Post a reply to: y-zee 125 32-1

The Latest