rm 125 ktm motor swap

Related:
Create New Tag

12/5/2018 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2018 12:25 PM

so i have had this idea for a while
i got an 2005 rm 125 rolling chassis i could get for 200
then a full 2017 ktm 125 race motor.

i can do some fab and i know my way around the bike.

i love the power of the ktm and how the suzuki handles

would this be worth it?

how mutch fab would i need done

so i would need 17 ktm motor, air box, boot,reeds,cdi,subframe, pipe silincer head stays swingarm mods

thanks brody

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

12/8/2018 11:32 PM

Such a swap should not be very hard at all. I did a YZ250 engine into a RMZ250 chassis...much more work.
I suspect you can use the same radiators, etc from the RM125. Plus you won't have to do much to the frame except new motor mounts and maybe cut some new bushing for the rear engine cases where the swing arm bolt goes through...
Could be a cool project as long as you can get the KTM engine for a very reasonable price.

|

12/9/2018 7:42 PM

do it. it would be worth it IMO. I would think the RM body work will be easiest. hard part will be the swingarm and lining the air boot up

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

12/10/2018 12:24 PM

ok so i cant find a motor for more than 2500 bucks

i keep looking

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

12/10/2018 1:53 PM

Not worth doing unless you an find cheap motor..... if you can't... skip the experience

|