Fasthouse YZ125

MotoRoss678
3/10/2022 12:55pm
Update: I toasted the water pump shaft seals last weekend at 3 Palms. You'd think that would be a simple $25 kit ordered for regular maintenance, but I ended up ordering an OEM piston and gaskets to do the top end as well. In my opinion, there was only one more big ticket mod that I needed to find and order. It arrives Monday. As soon as I have it I'll post a pic.

I've been considering doing a bottom end rebuild as well with a balanced high inertia crankshaft...

Other than that, I've decided to strip all the coating off the frame, engine, and swingarm somehow and create a clean simple look with a full mod motor.
MotoRoss678
6/21/2022 6:55am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2022 6:59am
Lately its been hotter than Satan's balls in Houston so changing a tube in my 125 tire wasn't happening. For saving time, I swapped my 250 wheel set over from another rebuild I have been doing. So while I had the 125 down for a minute I swapped over the blue kit. I have another set of cerakoted gold hubs that I plan to lace up to a set of black hoops and throw those back on the 250 once it is back in one piece.

cdoggy81
3/15/2023 7:17am

Been awhile so just checking in to see if there was anything new 👍🏻

The Shop

MotoRoss678
3/15/2023 11:49am
cdoggy81 wrote:

Hahaha funny you should ask…

Factory Connection just called me with the bill for my suspension refresh.  It seemed like I just had this set for the 125 done but of course that was 2018 and it was roached.  I’ve got a 21 YZ250F that I’m working on for my main 2023 ride.  

I’ve been seriously considering selling my YZ125 and the YZ250 I build out of your chassis and bottom end, but I’ve not been able to make myself go through with it.  Between working full time and family I barley have the time to ride one bike let alone three hahaha.  

The question then also becomes do I sell them while or part them out?  And do I really want to let my Supercross Futures 125 go.  The sentimental value is priceless especially since Futures isn’t open to the public anymore.  

So now that I’ve thought through all that it probably time for a 2006 Yamaha YZ125 Version 3.0 project. 😂🤣😂🤣

3/17/2023 3:34pm
So stoked when I got home today and saw these sitting on the front step. Also heard from Factory Connection today and basically they needed to...
So stoked when I got home today and saw these sitting on the front step. Also heard from Factory Connection today and basically they needed to perform a full overhaul as usual. No worries though as I should have them back by Saturday or Monday. Got the shipment arriving tomorrow of the stuff that’s really gonna set this build off in my opinion. Graphics are also in process down under and should arrive just when I need them. Grabbing a dremel tomorrow to finish cleaning some aluminum. Expecting the TM Designworks kit and a few other things soon. Beginning tomorrow night things should start coming together.

Are those stock radiators with bracing ? If so how much ? There very trick. I need that done for my 04 since the only brace available is a 4 pounder with 2 bulky bracers. 

MotoRoss678
3/21/2023 9:14pm
So stoked when I got home today and saw these sitting on the front step. Also heard from Factory Connection today and basically they needed to...
So stoked when I got home today and saw these sitting on the front step. Also heard from Factory Connection today and basically they needed to perform a full overhaul as usual. No worries though as I should have them back by Saturday or Monday. Got the shipment arriving tomorrow of the stuff that’s really gonna set this build off in my opinion. Graphics are also in process down under and should arrive just when I need them. Grabbing a dremel tomorrow to finish cleaning some aluminum. Expecting the TM Designworks kit and a few other things soon. Beginning tomorrow night things should start coming together.

Are those stock radiators with bracing ? If so how much ? There very trick. I need that done for my 04 since the only brace...

Are those stock radiators with bracing ? If so how much ? There very trick. I need that done for my 04 since the only brace available is a 4 pounder with 2 bulky bracers. 

Yup OEM radiators sent to ICW in North Carolina.  Here’s his website and contact info.  The pricing is there as well…

https://icwradiators.com

Brett Koufas
www.icwbikestands.com
www.icwradiators.com
836 Southwick Ave
Clayton, NC 27527
919-795-8084

MotoRoss678
3/24/2023 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2023 5:18pm
cdoggy81 wrote:

I also had quite a delay in getting footage organized and uploaded to my YouTube after the move back to Pa…that being said

High Point September 2022

https://youtu.be/g9Du4zPPBxI

Post a reply to: Fasthouse YZ125

The Latest