01 Yz 250 kinda Broken power valve.. Can I still use it

Toby_Blevins
9/8/2019 12:07am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 5:39am
This is not a race bike so figure I can still use this part.. I litrarly just payed $ 150 for this power valve. You think it will be ok to use not sure where its broken will really effect much
|
RABnasty
9/8/2019 6:32pm
Try putting it in the tech help forum maybe
mxracer666
9/8/2019 8:40pm
Race bike , or not, it still sees the same rpm. You didn't say what bike this is for, but it really doesn't matter. It sure as hell wasn't designed to operate with 1/3 of the piece broken off. So I'd say no - don't use it til it's replaced! Maybe you can get your $$ back on the part - if it arrived broken.

The Shop

Toby_Blevins
9/8/2019 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2019 8:50pm
mxracer666 wrote:
Race bike , or not, it still sees the same rpm. You didn't say what bike this is for, but it really doesn't matter. It sure...
Race bike , or not, it still sees the same rpm. You didn't say what bike this is for, but it really doesn't matter. It sure as hell wasn't designed to operate with 1/3 of the piece broken off. So I'd say no - don't use it til it's replaced! Maybe you can get your $$ back on the part - if it arrived broken.
Came off a 01 yz 250.... I placed it back in after cleaning bike and all power valves are opening and closing. I was told its just seat for washer that rest on it and will be ok to use and Wont effect rpms
mxracer666
9/8/2019 8:58pm
Then I guess you just answered your own question...
Toby_Blevins
9/8/2019 9:14pm
mxracer666 wrote:
Then I guess you just answered your own question...
Not really...asking hoping to get a response from Somone with experience with this
Mr Happy
Fantasy
2530th
9/9/2019 2:51am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 2:55am
Not really...asking hoping to get a response from Somone with experience with this
It's your bike. You're an adult, you have to use your own judgement. If I tell you it's OK what happens if the motor grenades itself?

If there is any doubt then don't fit it, and learn to be more careful when buying second hand parts. Or if you've broken it cleaning it then be more careful. I've never cleaned a power valve blade and if it has broken after you've reinstalled it it has probably broken from having no lubrication from the carbon or splooge. The fact that it's dry and has gouges out of it I guess it's the last one.
Toby_Blevins
9/9/2019 5:39am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2019 5:40am
Mr Happy wrote:
It's your bike. You're an adult, you have to use your own judgement. If I tell you it's OK what happens if the motor grenades itself...
It's your bike. You're an adult, you have to use your own judgement. If I tell you it's OK what happens if the motor grenades itself?

If there is any doubt then don't fit it, and learn to be more careful when buying second hand parts. Or if you've broken it cleaning it then be more careful. I've never cleaned a power valve blade and if it has broken after you've reinstalled it it has probably broken from having no lubrication from the carbon or splooge. The fact that it's dry and has gouges out of it I guess it's the last one.
It was broke when I took it out to clean it.. I will replace it when I get the cash... Right now my cylinder head needs replated

Post a reply to: 01 Yz 250 kinda Broken power valve.. Can I still use it

The Latest