Where can I send bolts and hardware to be zinc plated?

b_kowalsk
As title states, looking for somewhere to send the bolts and hardware to be refinished and plated on old bikes I fix up. Buying all new hardware gets very expensive and I figure there has to be somewhere that specializes in this? What do you guys usually do?
|
4/18/2020 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2020 6:19pm
b_kowalsk wrote:
As title states, looking for somewhere to send the bolts and hardware to be refinished and plated on old bikes I fix up. Buying all new...
As title states, looking for somewhere to send the bolts and hardware to be refinished and plated on old bikes I fix up. Buying all new hardware gets very expensive and I figure there has to be somewhere that specializes in this? What do you guys usually do?
Have you thought of doing it yourself?
https://www.caswellplating.com/
tsmitty2661
4/19/2020 7:13am
Specbolt.com makes complete engine zinc plated bolt kits for 60$
b_kowalsk
4/19/2020 9:09am
b_kowalsk wrote:
As title states, looking for somewhere to send the bolts and hardware to be refinished and plated on old bikes I fix up. Buying all new...
Have you thought of doing it yourself?
https://www.caswellplating.com/
That's a nice option but wasn't sure what the cost and setup involved was for something like that. Figure it may be easier just to ship my old hardware out if anyone has knew of places that did it.
b_kowalsk
4/19/2020 9:13am
Specbolt.com makes complete engine zinc plated bolt kits for 60$
Never really looked into their kits as I just assumed most aftermarket kits were generic and maybe not 100% of the bolts are included. Will look more into that.
Also would be nice to be able to have little pins and hardware refinished when doing builds but maybe I'm over thinking things.

Post a reply to: Where can I send bolts and hardware to be zinc plated?

The Latest