WACKYS Full Tank 250 (Stage 1 done)

JWACK
12/18/2017 7:31pm

JWACK
12/18/2017 7:49pm
Yzed wrote:
I've been following the build since I found it a few months back. All I have to say is awesome work! I really like how you...
I've been following the build since I found it a few months back. All I have to say is awesome work! I really like how you kept a more traditional "factory" look to it. I think too many builds go overboard with the graphics, I prefer the cleaner look like this.

About lightspeed, my first order with them for a fork lug guard went great. I tried to order the rear caliper air duct back in May of 2016 and they said it was on backorder until their next run. I was fine with that as, it's not like I need it to ride. Everytime I've called them since they still say they're going to make them soon and will call me before charging towards my order. It's still open a year and a half later... I haven't canceled just because at this point it's almost laughable, if you're not going to make anymore then contact me and cancel the order and I'll have no problem.

Sorry for the off topic rant, I'll go back to drooling over your bike!

Edit: Forgot to add I love the way the clutch cover came out blasted, might have to try that instead of repainting.
Thanks man.!
I prefer the clean look on my bikes as well. I also don't like extra coatings on engine cases and other high wear areas. They look worn and old way too quick. Blasted covers can be cleaned up with a green scrub pad with almost 0 effort.
Plus I like cheap and cool!
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
12/29/2017 6:17pm
JWACK wrote:
I didn't get much done this weekend, took my daughters and wifey to the lake. I have made a little progress this week though. I worked...
I didn't get much done this weekend, took my daughters and wifey to the lake. I have made a little progress this week though. I worked on the ignition and chain guard a bit. I can't find carbon fiber ones anywhere!! So I compromised. Check this out.
Clean yes.

Pot of boiling water. Brought down to a simmer.

Add dye and parts to said water for about an hour.. Stirring occasionally for flavor.

Remove carefully from the dye water. You could make a fubar mess if your not careful. and BAM! Cool shit right there.

Detail the hardware and mount up the instant intimidation!
I picked up dye tonight, but I got the small box. I'm just doing the ignition cover. How much is needed?
JWACK
12/29/2017 7:38pm
JWACK wrote:
I didn't get much done this weekend, took my daughters and wifey to the lake. I have made a little progress this week though. I worked...
I didn't get much done this weekend, took my daughters and wifey to the lake. I have made a little progress this week though. I worked on the ignition and chain guard a bit. I can't find carbon fiber ones anywhere!! So I compromised. Check this out.
Clean yes.

Pot of boiling water. Brought down to a simmer.

Add dye and parts to said water for about an hour.. Stirring occasionally for flavor.

Remove carefully from the dye water. You could make a fubar mess if your not careful. and BAM! Cool shit right there.

Detail the hardware and mount up the instant intimidation!
I picked up dye tonight, but I got the small box. I'm just doing the ignition cover. How much is needed?
I used the entire bottle but I honestly feel like that was overkill. The cover took it really easy. I don't think you will have any issue. Just don't get it on anything else! I still have one tiny dot on my kitchen counter from a bubble that popped in the pot.

The Shop

shuggs
12/30/2017 12:02am
Amazing looking bike, gonna try the dye on something here after seeing your results???
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
1/1/2018 1:40pm
Came out good. Not glossy but I was hoping for the dull black sc1 will change that if I want. Only did 30min on the cover and 10 on the guides.
Advice to others. Try using a cleaner like alcohol before, I didn't and it left some dirty spots.

1/1/2018 5:11pm
Came out good. Not glossy but I was hoping for the dull black sc1 will change that if I want. Only did 30min on the cover...
Came out good. Not glossy but I was hoping for the dull black sc1 will change that if I want. Only did 30min on the cover and 10 on the guides.
Advice to others. Try using a cleaner like alcohol before, I didn't and it left some dirty spots.

Which dye color did you end up using? Also, was your cover in okay shape and still glossy before you dyed it?

I used a quick wipe down with paint thinner before “cooking” the parts and the dye adhered really well, as well as having a glossy finish.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
1/1/2018 5:13pm
Black, and no the cover had a dull almost rubber like finish.
JWACK
1/1/2018 5:35pm
Came out good. Not glossy but I was hoping for the dull black sc1 will change that if I want. Only did 30min on the cover...

Hells yes! That's good stuff. I like how it came out a bit matte finished.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
10/15/2018 5:19pm
Hey Jwack. How is that spring holding up? I just picked up a a kit shock and am thinking about doing the same thing
JWACK
10/15/2018 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2018 7:49pm
Hey Jwack. How is that spring holding up? I just picked up a a kit shock and am thinking about doing the same thing
The bike is good man! Suspension is the best part by far. Been riding the poop out of it. It wasn't the bikes fault but I crashed my ass off getting ready for the world vets. I broke my pelvis and sacrum "butt bone". Don't sign up for this injury it sucks. I got spit off and landed on a small tree stump backwards while traveling at a decent rate of speed lol. Huge bummer but I'll recover.

JWACK
10/15/2018 5:45pm
I may sell the kit suspension off this bike here soon. Most likely going to build a new 250 2 stroke for next season. These kit psf-1 forks work really good ?
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
10/15/2018 5:46pm
I mean the blue spring paint, is it chipping any from use?
JWACK
10/15/2018 5:53pm
I mean the blue spring paint, is it chipping any from use?
Yeah I blasted it off with roost pretty quick. Just a few hours. If your not too heavy in the sand berms it will last you a little while longer I would think. Give it a shot man!
murph783
10/15/2018 7:14pm
Just worked my way through every page of this thread, Jesus man, you’re an artist! If you don’t mind divulging your secrets, I’m looking to freshen my bike up this winter. So taking casting marks out, just grind them down with a mild dremel wheel presumably. Then where do you go from there to get to that mirror finish? I’ve done maroon scotch brite and wd-40, but I never can manage to get into all the little corners by hand, and it never comes out that good by a long shot! Sanding? Dremel? Buffing wheel?
Magic Man
10/16/2018 8:07am
JWACK wrote:
The bike is good man! Suspension is the best part by far. Been riding the poop out of it. It wasn't the bikes fault but I...
The bike is good man! Suspension is the best part by far. Been riding the poop out of it. It wasn't the bikes fault but I crashed my ass off getting ready for the world vets. I broke my pelvis and sacrum "butt bone". Don't sign up for this injury it sucks. I got spit off and landed on a small tree stump backwards while traveling at a decent rate of speed lol. Huge bummer but I'll recover.

Damn John, that's a bummer. I was looking to hit the Vet World's myself but broke my neck back in July. Should be released from cervical collar end of the month.
JWACK
10/16/2018 10:59am
murph783 wrote:
Just worked my way through every page of this thread, Jesus man, you’re an artist! If you don’t mind divulging your secrets, I’m looking to freshen...
Just worked my way through every page of this thread, Jesus man, you’re an artist! If you don’t mind divulging your secrets, I’m looking to freshen my bike up this winter. So taking casting marks out, just grind them down with a mild dremel wheel presumably. Then where do you go from there to get to that mirror finish? I’ve done maroon scotch brite and wd-40, but I never can manage to get into all the little corners by hand, and it never comes out that good by a long shot! Sanding? Dremel? Buffing wheel?
Thanks for the read! So I typically use a small detailing file set or dremel to get the castings down to flush or very close. But use caution not to mark up the surrounding areas. It creates much more work later. After I file I typically use wet sand paper and work my way up on grit to 2000 either by hand or sanding device. Then polish or green scrub to get the finish your after. After some elbow grease leaks out "POW" you now have a trick part. Lol

JWACK
10/16/2018 11:11am
Magic Man wrote:
Damn John, that's a bummer. I was looking to hit the Vet World's myself but broke my neck back in July. Should be released from cervical...
Damn John, that's a bummer. I was looking to hit the Vet World's myself but broke my neck back in July. Should be released from cervical collar end of the month.
Dang man that's scary! What happened? Are you going to make a full recovery?
Being injured sucks!
Magic Man
10/16/2018 12:43pm
Magic Man wrote:
Damn John, that's a bummer. I was looking to hit the Vet World's myself but broke my neck back in July. Should be released from cervical...
JWACK wrote:
Dang man that's scary! What happened? Are you going to make a full recovery?
Being injured sucks!
Went down racing mountain bikes. Yeah, I should be fine in the end, It was pretty scary at first. 3 months in a cervical collar in hopes to avoid surgery.
How long are you down for?

Post a reply to: WACKYS Full Tank 250 (Stage 1 done)

The Latest