WACKYS Full Tank 250 (Stage 1 done)

adam8781
8/14/2017 11:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2017 11:06pm
this is a beautiful build man, loving every minute of it, i suggest you get the stock head done up, its garbage, theres alot of power and crispy response hiding in the head. and update the shift stopper before it breaks, ive had 3-4 customers yz250s through my shop with blown apart shift stoppers.

I have the same graphics from you, i got them off the ebay uk site built my 06 from the ground up for the 10th time. put a pc works pipe on an hour after i took that photo and forgot to take another pic.

check out my instragram shop page for all the stuff i build, lots of cool customers stuff as well
@403mx

or click here if you dont use instagram
https://www.garow.me/users/403mx/4213144811

8/15/2017 6:33am
adam8781 wrote:
this is a beautiful build man, loving every minute of it, i suggest you get the stock head done up, its garbage, theres alot of power...
this is a beautiful build man, loving every minute of it, i suggest you get the stock head done up, its garbage, theres alot of power and crispy response hiding in the head. and update the shift stopper before it breaks, ive had 3-4 customers yz250s through my shop with blown apart shift stoppers.

I have the same graphics from you, i got them off the ebay uk site built my 06 from the ground up for the 10th time. put a pc works pipe on an hour after i took that photo and forgot to take another pic.

check out my instragram shop page for all the stuff i build, lots of cool customers stuff as well
@403mx

Is the fork and shock anodized ? Considering doing it to my bike this Winter, really dig the look!
8/15/2017 6:36am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2017 6:38am
adam8781 wrote:
this is a beautiful build man, loving every minute of it, i suggest you get the stock head done up, its garbage, theres alot of power...

@403mx

I thought the shift stop issue only affects 125s? What happens with it?
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
8/15/2017 1:45pm
Hope to see more soon. I've been trying to mimic your build while doing mine such as brake pedal, kick starter, and linkage. Gotta say though yours came out better than mine.
Also do u have a link or keyword to finding those graphics? I've found them but not for the 15-17 plastics.

The Shop

JWACK
8/15/2017 5:16pm
Hope to see more soon. I've been trying to mimic your build while doing mine such as brake pedal, kick starter, and linkage. Gotta say though...
Hope to see more soon. I've been trying to mimic your build while doing mine such as brake pedal, kick starter, and linkage. Gotta say though yours came out better than mine.
Also do u have a link or keyword to finding those graphics? I've found them but not for the 15-17 plastics.
More made in the USA is on the way!
I tried looking for these graphics again but could not find them. I bet they are out of stock and need to make more.

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
8/16/2017 7:46pm
I need to dye my air box panels, do you think they will work or be destroyed? Also does it come out gloss black or black like the airbox panels should be?
JWACK
8/17/2017 4:51pm
I need to dye my air box panels, do you think they will work or be destroyed? Also does it come out gloss black or black...
I need to dye my air box panels, do you think they will work or be destroyed? Also does it come out gloss black or black like the airbox panels should be?
I had great luck with the ignition cover and chain guard. I tried to do the rear disk guard and it failed. Ruined it. I think I would strip the paint off and put a black decal over it if I were you. Unless you want to chance it! Oem Yamaha air boxes are cheep. You could also go that route.
MaxPower
8/19/2017 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2017 5:14pm
JWACK wrote:
Pro circuit clamps anyone?? !! :woohoo: I have always felt like Yz's in general have a vague feeling front end once you get into 3rd gear...
Pro circuit clamps anyone?? !! Woohoo I have always felt like Yz's in general have a vague feeling front end once you get into 3rd gear. I really notice this vagueness in slightly off camber turns at the moment you roll off the gas and start your lean in. It may just wash without a warning. Ask me how I know! I'm excited to try these because they have a little less offset than stock. This should put a little more weight on the front and could help this feeling for me. Plus they are cool!

I have 2 friends that I let use my Recluse E axle on to reduce the offset of their YZ250S
Both told me it improved their bike's handling greatly. One told me he wouldn't ride his YZ any longer if I were to take it back
Your bike looks amazing . Even though removing casting marks and cleaning fasteners doesn't make you any faster, it's a good feeling to have pride in your bike when riding is your passion
Meister
8/19/2017 10:29pm
Baddest build in awhile. If you ever wanna sell I may know a buyer. Just don't tell my wife. Lol
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
8/23/2017 6:58pm
we need to stick together, us ocd monk like people. as long as we are sticking in an even and matching mannerSilly
awesome ride.
kijen
10/4/2017 4:54pm
If you do the topend, I vaguely remember Reed talking about running two base gaskets to raise the port timing, more overrev?. Sure an engine guru can add info.
samcampbell
11/2/2017 5:16pm
Any updates on this thing? Really looking forward to seeing it completed!
JWACK
11/4/2017 8:08pm
Almost there. I've put in a couple hours and have about 2 more left. Then a photo shoot before I ride it. Life got rough for a while and the bike build got put on hold. All I can say is that I'm excited to ride this beautiful beast.
I did decide on a set of wheels though!
The guys over at Faster USA are just awesome. I emailed them and instead of getting an email back the owner just called me and bench raced for a while. Even took the picture of the wheel on the truing stand that I just posted and sent it to me to update me on the progress. Top notch.
But really one of the main reasons I went this route is because the hubs are made in the USA out of US material. I really like that.
Plus they are unbelievably priced. I usually build wheel sets myself but I really wouldn't have saved much on these. What do you think?

ledger
11/4/2017 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2017 8:52pm
Look'n good, if looks could kill, we would all be dead !! Colin at Faster USA is the man when it comes to customer service, and quality too. Made in the good ole USA....I salute you.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
11/4/2017 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2017 8:41pm
Sick choice on the blue rims, great taste.
Does faster do custom colors on the hubs? Also would you mind giving price? I'm thinking of doing that same rim and haveing the stock hub turned down by them.
JWACK
11/5/2017 5:08am
ledger wrote:
Look'n good, if looks could kill, we would all be dead !! Colin at Faster USA is the man when it comes to customer service, and...
Look'n good, if looks could kill, we would all be dead !! Colin at Faster USA is the man when it comes to customer service, and quality too. Made in the good ole USA....I salute you.
Absolutely blown away by his and his techs customer service. Could not get any better.
JWACK
11/5/2017 5:20am
Sick choice on the blue rims, great taste. Does faster do custom colors on the hubs? Also would you mind giving price? I'm thinking of doing...
Sick choice on the blue rims, great taste.
Does faster do custom colors on the hubs? Also would you mind giving price? I'm thinking of doing that same rim and haveing the stock hub turned down by them.
Thanks!
I'm not sure on the custom colors. But I wouldn't doubt it one bit if Collin went the extra mile to give you what you wanted.
As far as pricing goes it was about $1200. This was hubs (made in America mind you), spokes, blue excels (which cost more than every other color), rim straps, light weight bead locks, and the tires of my choice mounted and shipped to my door.
Good deal on good stuff. I went with a Michelin starcross medium rear and a Dunlop soft front tire.

TymeMoto
11/7/2017 11:14am
Those hubs look factory. Sweet build!!
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
11/7/2017 11:02pm
JWACK wrote:
Almost there. I've put in a couple hours and have about 2 more left. Then a photo shoot before I ride it. Life got rough for...
Almost there. I've put in a couple hours and have about 2 more left. Then a photo shoot before I ride it. Life got rough for a while and the bike build got put on hold. All I can say is that I'm excited to ride this beautiful beast.
I did decide on a set of wheels though!
The guys over at Faster USA are just awesome. I emailed them and instead of getting an email back the owner just called me and bench raced for a while. Even took the picture of the wheel on the truing stand that I just posted and sent it to me to update me on the progress. Top notch.
But really one of the main reasons I went this route is because the hubs are made in the USA out of US material. I really like that.
Plus they are unbelievably priced. I usually build wheel sets myself but I really wouldn't have saved much on these. What do you think?

Oh my god! This thing is straight titties!
JWACK
11/14/2017 4:12am
Got the hardware on the wheels cleaned up and mounted up a black Renthal chain wheel!. I like the way they came out. I'm digging the machine work on the hubs!

JWACK
11/14/2017 4:21am
Almost there! Only a few more things and it's a rider.

FiendzCC
11/14/2017 2:28pm
Nice man, I've been drooling over this bike! I'm actually the guy that built those wheels, and I'm glad you're happy with them. We take a lot of pride in what we do Cool
JWACK
11/14/2017 4:04pm
FiendzCC wrote:
Nice man, I've been drooling over this bike! I'm actually the guy that built those wheels, and I'm glad you're happy with them. We take a...
Nice man, I've been drooling over this bike! I'm actually the guy that built those wheels, and I'm glad you're happy with them. We take a lot of pride in what we do Cool
Well thank you sir for doing a great job on these wheels! It's appreciated and the work speaks for itself.
Glad you like the bike as well! I can't wait to ride it.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
11/14/2017 4:21pm
Nice choice on the wheel colors! That bike is drool worthy for sure.
JWACK
11/14/2017 6:35pm

Front rotor and caliper cleaned up.

Also did some work on the rear master cylinder. Not sure how I feel about it yet.
JWACK
11/19/2017 8:09pm
I orderd genuine Yamaha Yz decals from 2005. They came out nice.

JWACK
11/19/2017 8:20pm
Cleaned the castings off the shifter and got it all purdy.

Also made some grip tape frame guards

Post a reply to: WACKYS Full Tank 250 (Stage 1 done)

The Latest