Vapor Blasting

Related:
Create New Tag

6/15/2018 8:53 PM

Hey guys! Bobby with Premier Vapor Blasting. If any of you need any Vapor Blasting done on your rebuilds give us a shout, we’re on Instagram and Facebook. Here’s a few parts I just finished up for a CR125 Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Don't Trash It, Vapor Blast It
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

6/15/2018 10:22 PM

Give us some pricing

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

6/16/2018 9:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2018 9:28 AM

queen of spodes wrote:

Give us some pricing

It’s per hour and our labor rate is 60 an hour. Mention this post and you’ll receive a discounted labor rate of 55 an hour.

|

6/16/2018 11:43 AM

I am getting ready to convert one of my cabinets to wet blasting. Do you have any tips?

|

6/16/2018 12:05 PM

809 wrote:

I am getting ready to convert one of my cabinets to wet blasting. Do you have any tips?

Save yourself some time and just send to us. Especially If there’s some consistency of parts you need done we can workout a labor rate that works for us both. Haha

|

6/18/2018 7:33 PM

So how long does it take to do something like a swing arm?

|

"So you're telling me there's a chance!!"

6/19/2018 3:40 AM

rucka356 wrote:

So how long does it take to do something like a swing arm?

As you can see in the pics I posted above that swingarm was pretty rough and I had about 3 hours in it.

|

6/20/2018 1:01 PM

You mind sharing which machine you have? I'm in Cali and having a tough time finding a good local source.

|

7/7/2018 5:53 AM

I'm not real familiar with vapor blasting but what if any advantage is there over glass bead blasting?

|

7/7/2018 9:32 AM

debun wrote:

I'm not real familiar with vapor blasting but what if any advantage is there over glass bead blasting?

Vapor blasting uses water along with media. The advantage is less damage to the parts and the end result is much better. If you are prepping a part for paint or coating, bead blasting works fine. Vapor blasting works on rubber, plastic, and metal parts.

|

7/7/2018 9:33 AM

chuckie108 wrote:

You mind sharing which machine you have? I'm in Cali and having a tough time finding a good local source.

Yea I wish we knew someone in Cali who does this too. Looking to get some pieces done.

|

7/7/2018 9:54 AM

debun wrote:

racinstation wrote:

Vapor blasting uses water along with media. The advantage is less damage to the parts and the end result is much better. If you are prepping a part for paint or coating, bead blasting works fine. Vapor blasting works on rubber, plastic, and metal parts.

Correct, it’s a much more delicate process as it doesn’t remove layers of the material like traditional methods so the integrity is never compromised when Vapor Blasting.

|

7/7/2018 9:57 AM

buggz wrote:

Yea I wish we knew someone in Cali who does this too. Looking to get some pieces done.

Feel free to ship any parts to us. With flat rate shipping boxes available it wouldn’t be spending much more as I would also help cover freight back.

|

7/7/2018 5:07 PM

LOL Now I’ve got a competitor already quoting against me on my post. Haha

|

7/11/2018 7:39 PM

Here is a pic of my machine without the front glass in.

Photo

Here is some stuff that I have done..

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

I don't do vapor blasting commercially... just for my own pleasure :-)

|

7/12/2018 9:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2018 9:47 AM

Looking at the prices I'm seeing people charge for vapor blasting I'm thinking about buying my own system.

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

7/12/2018 10:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2018 10:53 AM

bcoker56 wrote:

If this is the case you are a spammer...

Forums are to help others with advice..all you do is refuse to offer advice and say "send it to me"..this make the whole thread spam.

|

7/12/2018 11:08 AM

bcoker56 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

If this is the case you are a spammer...

Forums are to help others with advice..all you do is refuse to offer advice and say "send it to me"..this make the whole thread spam.

Ok you got me, I’m a spammer! The LOL at the beginning of my post and the Haha at the end translates to a joking matter. I haven’t refused any advice, that post also ending in a hahaha. I didn’t offer advice because I’ve never converted a cabinet to do vapor blasting and wouldn’t want to steer someone wrong or offer bad office. So, Brad... I’m a spammer with a sense of humor. And you spammed the spam thread with more spam!

|

7/12/2018 11:36 AM

Here is some advice for building a vapor blaster...
It's probably more work then it is worth.
But who knows..
So here is goes.
You will need a sump style pump delivering about 3-5 gal a minute.
Remember, it will be running glass media through it so it has to be able to handle it.
You will need a blasting cabinet either quality stainless steel or heavy duty plastic... Normal steel will rust out in nothing flat.
You need to "T" into your water output the hose from the air compressor.
Run approx 15% .002" dia glass with 60-90lb air pressure.
Have fun...

|

7/12/2018 11:43 AM

I paid 40 bucks to have a swingarm vapor blasted that was in similar condition prior. Sounds like your prices are a bit high. Looks like nice work though, and good work dosen’t come cheap!

|

7/12/2018 11:48 AM

Sandblaster wrote:

Here is a pic of my machine without the front glass in.

Photo

Here is some stuff that I have done..

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

I don't do vapor blasting commercially... just for my own pleasure :-)

I looked at the same brand and almost went with them. They have some nice cabinets. You said you Blast for your own pleasure, it really is very pleasuring with instant gratification huh? I enjoy it and it never gets old.

|

7/12/2018 1:00 PM

Premix wrote:

I paid 40 bucks to have a swingarm vapor blasted that was in similar condition prior. Sounds like your prices are a bit high. Looks like nice work though, and good work dosen’t come cheap!

Really? You got a pretty good deal. That time did include removing bearings, chain guide, adjusters, etc. and a precleaning so it wasn’t all Blasting time.

|

7/12/2018 1:04 PM

bcoker56 wrote:

Really? You got a pretty good deal. That time did include removing bearings, chain guide, adjusters, etc. and a precleaning so it wasn’t all Blasting time.

No sir. Took it to them bare. If you are doing all of that labor, no wonder you had all of that time invested. Quote sounds more realistic knowing that.

|

7/12/2018 5:44 PM

I read People use a pool pump.

|

7/12/2018 10:19 PM

coastlinecascot wrote:

I read People use a pool pump.

It might work for a while.
Here is the impeller out of my pump

Photo

|

7/15/2018 7:53 AM

chuckie108 wrote:

buggz wrote:

I was just at a Twisted Development in Temecula and they now do vapor blasting.

|

7/15/2018 3:31 PM

Can you vapor blast an assembled engine, o rf does it have to be disaasembled, cylinder, cases etc,

|

7/15/2018 5:51 PM

kijen wrote:

Can you vapor blast an assembled engine, o rf does it have to be disaasembled, cylinder, cases etc,

You could, but I don't recommend it.
If you don't seal everything up perfectly and any media get's inside the engine it's game over.
I have thought about doing it in a extreme emergency but what would be extreme enough to make me take the risk?
Even if you managed to seal up the engine perfectly, It would be so easy to blow media past a seal...
The other issue is what vapor blasting does to steel.... It will clean all the bolts and nuts but they will quickly rust.

|

7/15/2018 9:03 PM

kijen wrote:

No, the media gets in every nook. You need to remove all bearings no seals, blast it and then re assemble.

|

7/17/2018 11:03 PM

chuckie108 wrote:

Moto GP Werks in SoCal that has a vapor blasting cabinet they will actually rent out. Not sure of hourly rates, but you can show up at their shop in Anaheim and do it yourself.

http://www.motogpwerks.com

|