500 Two Stroke project To be continued 2021

Related:
Create New Tag

2/9/2019 5:11 PM

What in the world am I looking at???? HOLY O MOLY! INCREDIBLE!

|

2/9/2019 11:57 PM

Loch wrote:

Good looking cases,did you do a simulation of the numbers you needed for your 144,are you making it a long rod as well,btw ...more

Yes, it will be on several motorcycle identical to a few details and three engines. if I get to the end! (race bike day, trainning and mud bike).

|

2/10/2019 1:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2019 1:40 AM

So, what are these 3 bikes based on?

I see a CR500 engine in a shot or two, and what I think is a CR500 billet set of cases.

Further details of what the engines and frames are, would be interesting.

I like your attitude (if I've taken it correctly), that you're not going to be giving 'big ups' to companies that are giving you things, or offering 'deals'. It gets old seeing such mooching and constant 'thankings'. Me, I've pretty much always kept 'deals' to a minimum. I find others I know who have their hands out, almost always end up owing too much to their 'benefactors', or, at least do in their (the benefactors) eyes. When my (small companies) race efforts have depended on sponsorship, it's been up front, and pretty bloody straight down the line in our relationship.

As a Welder and Fabricator for 5 decades now, I always like to see how 'others' do things. Consumables, like Gas choices, I find interesting. We here in OZ, have Argon as our main 'base' TIG gas - we've shed loads of it. I gathered, for many years, that TIG in the US, was very heavily based towards Helium (as, they have shedloads of It) - hence my reading about 'Heliarc' in the US so much in my early years.

Your 20% Helium to Argon mix - is that down to a ' gas mix commonality' within France?

99% of my gas usage, is pure Argon. But, do I keep Helium in my stock, but really only use it at about 5%, and only when doing Very heavy sections of Aluminium. Or, when limited to a relatively low capacity machine, to make up for that low Amperage. Heck, I had a job recently where we had no alternative but to use a DC machine, with pure Helium, in very thick (Alu) material. Talk about penetration......... It was interesting stuff, and once the root, secondary and tertiary welds were in, and the material was so bloody hot, a tiny , over shoulder AC machine could do the final runs. All in 47C ambient heat. I'm too Old and Spherical to do much of that sort of work, nowadays . sick

|

2/10/2019 2:44 AM

Bearuno wrote:

So, what are these 3 bikes based on?

I see a CR500 engine in a shot or two, and what I think is a CR500 billet set of cases.
...more

HI and Thank's,

20% Helium to Argon mix - is what I use when I have need exactly more penetration and to be shure.

It is a pure argon premix 4.5 + 20% helium.
with the usual it is the quantity of helium that I prefer in this type of mixture. against 5% or 30% (at LINDE GAS).

Just that the advance must be done more quickly ... in the removal of the filler metal.

Here a refill of gas bottle B50 costs about 180 € in Hélion2 compared to pure argon 140 €(price that the gas marketer makes me according to my order to the year).

You have clearly understood my attitude, facing brands.
However, I will not go so far as to hide them on the images that will be posted.

I would certainly mention some people who are good people who help around the world to the success of your projects or offers good solutions

I will not criticize. Everyone do with these qualities and means, the whole thing is to do and continue to learn if it is possible with pleasure.
|

2/10/2019 2:53 AM

About the engine for those who know or had the chance to open a HRC rc500 of the years 1989/90/91 the connecting rod is 139mm! call short Rod, at that same time on the original bike it was 144mm! long Rod. motor behavior is very different.

if in addition you mount a piston with a single segment you get even more velocity.

As I am not very good mechanical technician, this is the principle that I retained...

|

2/10/2019 4:00 AM

Ah yes! it will be two motorcycles and three engines ...
|

2/10/2019 6:10 AM

Photo

Red arrows show you the product that were taken out of the project due to insufficient quality.
yet I paid the price! so why! I will let you guess...
|

2/11/2019 3:42 AM

Good stuff!

You seem very focused and switched on with frame building side. interested to see what you will do with engine.

|

Instagram @_yabba_dabba_dont_

2/11/2019 4:42 AM

So, by the red arrows, at least one set of aftermarket cases are sub standard.

Please, let us know who they are by. Or, at least let me know by PM if you don't want to go 'public'.

You'd being doing a great service in identifying bad products - conversely, you'd be doing a great dis-service in not letting people know about problems, and then they being dudded. .

I'm in the market for some cases, but Do Not want to end up with a bad product. I've had that with an E Start I paid for...

Knowing the Red Arrowed cranks' provenance would also be useful to a few of us.

Help fellow 500 riders out.

We are starting to rely on aftermarket parts, as OEM bits cease to exist, so knowing the Good and the Bad that is out there, is Important for us. We're happy to pay for Quality - well, I am - but Crap, at the prices that are being demanded (well, at any price) , really needs to be identified and weeded out.

|

2/11/2019 9:55 AM

Bearuno wrote:

So, by the red arrows, at least one set of aftermarket cases are sub standard.

Please, let us know who they are by. Or, at ...more

I know only one manufacturer for the E-start and it's the same who sold these bad crankcases and bad parts. the initials of the mark are "PM" and the name of the owner is Sebastien Montplaisir

I have photos and videos that show the why of the how.
I can say that because of the very bad experience I have.

And the poor relationship that Panthera has to maintain with these old customers. today the guy is asking investors for nearly a million dollars.
to dump his sh** finally its products through the world.

it is a person who has hidden behind these sales conditions.

knowing very well what he was doing..

it's over, you will not see me with these products, just for that mentality that I do not like.

And frankly there are other very good Canadian companies, like BRC racing.

|

2/11/2019 10:04 AM

For the good ones, there is Andrew ex "SH" USA and then Troy of "TSR products" Australia They are perfect
|

2/11/2019 8:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2019 8:54 PM

Hulkteam wrote:

I know only one manufacturer for the E-start and it's the same who sold these bad crankcases and bad parts. the initials of ...more

Thank you, so very much.

As I suspected, it's Panthera.

They produced the utterly dreadfully made E Start I wasted money on.

And, it appears they are making dodgy cases, too.

So You, I, and many others have been ripped off for Thousands of Dollars.

I addressed a fair few problems with the E start, told Sebastien of the problems, and how to rectify them, but, in his mind, what he / Panthera made, is A-OK.

I made note of just a few of the problems in the KTM / KX500 thread here in The Build section, and, you can see just one of the many problems with it in a video I put up in one of my posts. Every Single One of the Gears is out, both Radially, and Axially. And, by Millimetres, not one or two thousands.

It's uttter crap, that is an engine destroyer.

I look to be in Quebec for the MTB World Championships, this year, 21 years after I competed in the '98 World Championships, there, and am contemplating paying a visit to Panthera.

|

2/16/2019 11:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2019 11:51 AM

Details and Finish

Photo

I will probably make corrections, because once finished,
  I think that the bike is rather "Made in" at home
|

2/16/2019 12:33 PM

When I see my friends, they always leave me some good goodies....

Photo

|

2/16/2019 12:57 PM

Details ... Details, the important thing is in the sum of the details.

Photo

Photo

Photo

There, it will be necessary to make some more modifications.
|

2/16/2019 1:04 PM

Photo

What do you think about color?
|

2/17/2019 3:29 AM

Interlude

This photo as been taken a long time ago and this engine is not mine anymore! but he made a new happy owner

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

2/27/2019 12:26 PM

I recognize some alias's here, good day guys.
I never look at much on vital, but I'll follow this thread lol.

Adam

|

2/27/2019 7:31 PM

Roostius_Maximus wrote:

Adam

Hey Adam!

My anger towards Panthera knows no bounds. Then I see the OP , with him getting ( what I assume are) , unusable cases, and it goes up to, and past, 'Eleven'.

I have not checked the CR website, and am unsure if my video of just the idler gear 'issues'came out. But I put it up here on the KX / KTM build thread. I think it's on the first 2 pages of that thread. The crown gear is way out of true, too, and the teeth on the crappy started motor are very worn, just from the (all of) three days I've been game to use the POS E start kit.

I've made 'things' for decades now, and have never delivered a dodgy product / job to a single customer, but it appears to be standard operational procedure for those mongrels.

|

2/27/2019 8:00 PM

Roostius_Maximus wrote:

Adam

Bearuno wrote:

Hey Adam!

My anger towards Panthera knows no bounds. Then I see the OP , with him getting ( what I assume are) , unusable ...more

It’s unreal what was needed to work with his “products”.
I took a payment from him as some “MRE” labeled clutch and Stator covers, the o-ring groove of the clutch cover is a wonky layout and it’s depth goes shallow by 50% of what it should have been and then 150% deep in other places.
Crap, so I haven’t sold any, have used a gasket from a Boyeseen model to make do.

|

2/27/2019 8:01 PM

I now have proper covers made by Troy at TSR!

|

3/1/2019 7:14 AM

used to be wrenching for Steve Lamson ?

|

3/1/2019 8:09 AM

simply amazing

|

2017 CRF450R
2008 RM250
2006 TRX450R
2018 CRF110F

3/2/2019 1:57 AM

Roostius_Maximus wrote:

Adam

Hello, Adam you're welcome.

Nice to read you.

You will probably recognized you work, (later).

|

3/2/2019 2:13 AM

Thank you! for your guidance on the color of the casing.

But after reflection, here is what will be!

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/2/2019 2:23 AM

Photo taken during the fab, to give me an idea of the purpose.

Photo

|

3/2/2019 2:45 AM

A ton of Titanium screws made by hand...

Photo

Photo
|

3/2/2019 2:49 AM

Rear Ti Link...

Photo

|

3/2/2019 2:54 AM

Ti center cases...

Photo

|

3/2/2019 2:58 AM