500 Two Stroke project. "I hope to end up in 2023"

Bearuno
12/7/2020 12:05am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2020 12:07am
Care to run us through the differences (other than the obvious visual ones we can all see) between those cranks? Though, I may well have missed your explanation / run down of them in an earlier post.

Yes, there's a standard looking 'tinned' crank, and the others look to be machined from solid, with various, I assume Tungsten / Heavy metal inserts, and a form of Nylon / Plastic inserts / stuffers in the one.

Wasn't one a HRC Kit , or 'Works' one?

Most of we CR500 enthusiasts know of how Eric Geboers tested a batch of HRC cranks to use during a particular - well probably each - season, and, how he went well past the HRC dictated time limit on his favourite cranks.

Along with the aftermarket cases I've expressed interest in for future use, a crank, other than standard, is of real interest to me - though my desire from one would be for making my CRE even more of a tractor / smoother.
User612
12/9/2020 8:28am
Absolutely beautiful. Thank you sharing this.

The Shop

Hulkteam
12/16/2020 12:49pm
Bearuno wrote:
Care to run us through the differences (other than the obvious visual ones we can all see) between those cranks? Though, I may well have missed...
Care to run us through the differences (other than the obvious visual ones we can all see) between those cranks? Though, I may well have missed your explanation / run down of them in an earlier post.

Yes, there's a standard looking 'tinned' crank, and the others look to be machined from solid, with various, I assume Tungsten / Heavy metal inserts, and a form of Nylon / Plastic inserts / stuffers in the one.

Wasn't one a HRC Kit , or 'Works' one?

Most of we CR500 enthusiasts know of how Eric Geboers tested a batch of HRC cranks to use during a particular - well probably each - season, and, how he went well past the HRC dictated time limit on his favourite cranks.

Along with the aftermarket cases I've expressed interest in for future use, a crank, other than standard, is of real interest to me - though my desire from one would be for making my CRE even more of a tractor / smoother.
On the three crankshafts in the photo you are talking about:

The first one is a new OEM with a balance of the complete moving assembly for one type of piston, so I have to match to a relative extent the weight of the pistons, when I change them.

The second is an "AJW" the one with nylons inserts very close to an OEM.

The third is a HRC, yes.
It is much lighter than the OEM one and the balance can be adjusted as desired.

For the rest, you have summarised well the press article by the Honda mechanic who talked about it.
I would mention, that it is granted by the HRC with a specific 139mm connecting rod but it fits in all original OEM CR500. The crankcases height must however accept the 139mm connecting rod.
Hulkteam
1/2/2021 11:11am
For the Christmas holidays, I didn't make any progress on the 500 honda, but I rode the BRC500 and what a pleasure it was!
Hulkteam
1/2/2021 11:41am

A perfect two-stroke 500, modern, vibration-free and extremely strong and supple.

I'm dreaming of the new version with injection now.
You should know that the engine is not a honda or a kawa. But it's a fabulous 500 two-stroke.
Hulkteam
1/2/2021 12:09pm
Everything started from there... a few days ago

Hulkteam
1/2/2021 12:25pm

One of the parts that make the thing magical to ride

Post a reply to: 500 Two Stroke project. "I hope to end up in 2023"

The Latest