Suzuki Rm85 restoration

Dandy125
5/1/2018 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 7:12pm
Just bought this 09 RM85 for $300 it was running when I bought it but the motor quickly seized because the previous owners had ran unmixed gas through it o was originally going to just ad new plastics and clean it up some but since i had the motor out I decided to restore on it as much as I could. So far I've repainted the frame
bought new brake pads,
primary gear,
sprocket,
chain,
top end waiting on bottom end
new LA sleeve,
spark plug,
air filter,
plastics,
and hand grips.

I want to know though if when I go to sell should I ad graphics or leave that up to the buyer? If you bought a bike would you want it to have graphics?
The last picture is where I'm at now still haven't touched the engine yet.

A
|
Korbenw7p3c
5/3/2018 5:58am
Exact same bike. You got into yours MUCH cheaper than I did. I’ve been fixing what I’m able to fix and paying out the a$$ for things I can’t do myself. Your painted frame looks good.
TymeMoto
5/3/2018 7:12pm
You did a really great job of cleaning it up. New plastics and freshly coated frame looks really good.

I say you can’t go wrong leaving it looking fresh. New graphics might cost 200 bucks but I don’t think it will increase the resale value by 200 bucks. This bike looks clean as hell, I say keep it the way it is and let the buyer get their own graphics.
7/8/2023 4:05pm

How did you get the paint for the frame?

Post a reply to: Suzuki Rm85 restoration

The Latest