Suzuki Rm85 restoration

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2018 7:07 PM

Just bought this 09 RM85 for $300 it was running when I bought it but the motor quickly seized because the previous owners had ran unmixed gas through it o was originally going to just ad new plastics and clean it up some but since i had the motor out I decided to restore on it as much as I could. So far I've repainted the frame
bought new brake pads,
primary gear,
sprocket,
chain,
top end waiting on bottom end
new LA sleeve,
spark plug,
air filter,
plastics,
and hand grips.

I want to know though if when I go to sell should I ad graphics or leave that up to the buyer? If you bought a bike would you want it to have graphics?
The last picture is where I'm at now still haven't touched the engine yet.

Photo

Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo PhotoA

|

5/3/2018 5:58 AM

Exact same bike. You got into yours MUCH cheaper than I did. I’ve been fixing what I’m able to fix and paying out the a$$ for things I can’t do myself. Your painted frame looks good.

|

5/3/2018 7:12 PM

You did a really great job of cleaning it up. New plastics and freshly coated frame looks really good.

I say you can’t go wrong leaving it looking fresh. New graphics might cost 200 bucks but I don’t think it will increase the resale value by 200 bucks. This bike looks clean as hell, I say keep it the way it is and let the buyer get their own graphics.

|