Solva suspension ? Offroad/Enduro recommendations

Dkinaz123
I have ran threw the gamut when it Comes to suspension I have tried it all. I ride a 2019 ktm 350xcf / 30A class Offroad I have tried KYB/ I have tried KYB conversion / WP spring conversion/ cone valve and Traxshock. i am not over the top happy with any of them I have tried Valving from several different companies on all of the mentioned above sets. Sure there are aspects of all of them that I like however none that I love everywhere ie: rocks/big breaking bumps/small chatter/g-outs. I’m considering Solva suspension I would love to hear anyone’s feedback that has actually rode it or knows someone who has rode it off road. I have Heard from a few Europeans that it is magical!
|
Mr Happy
Fantasy
2561st
10/21/2018 3:00pm
It's lovely to ride on, infinitely adjustable and pretty much just a nicer clone of Showa kit. It wouldn't be worth you paying the extra to import it when you can buy new or used Showa stuff cheaper.
Dkinaz123
10/21/2018 10:23pm
Mr Happy wrote:
It's lovely to ride on, infinitely adjustable and pretty much just a nicer clone of Showa kit. It wouldn't be worth you paying the extra to...
It's lovely to ride on, infinitely adjustable and pretty much just a nicer clone of Showa kit. It wouldn't be worth you paying the extra to import it when you can buy new or used Showa stuff cheaper.
How do you suggest I put Showa on? I have been looking into it but to my knowlage they don’t make a lug conversion so I would have to do custom thripile clamps, Kawi or honda wheel, and Kawi or honda break assembly. After pricing it all I was around $3,400 for the set up figured better to just buy Solva? If you know a couple tricks I’m all ears!!! And would love to run Showa
Mr Happy
Fantasy
2561st
10/22/2018 9:27am
Missed where you said it was for a KTM. Only KTM that has been through my hands belongs to my brother in law, so no idea about them really. If you did want to fit Showa forks then it's machining a new steering stem for the yokes, rather than a custom set, which is very straight forward.

Also, as far as I know, you can't just buy a set of forks from Solva. You need to buy everything, including the rear shock, and that's about £6000, or $9000 before import duty and tax.
r18b
10/31/2018 10:53pm
"knows someone who has rode it off road. I have Heard from a few Europeans that it is magical!"

Solva isn't that magical. But if you're more a off road guy then send this people a email. 95% of the offroad riders around here that want the best suspension are coming to reiger suspensions.

I have had the time to ride a crf with reiger and a crf with solva. Reiger all the time. I ride with ohlins on my bike.

Reigersuspension.com

Post a reply to: Solva suspension ? Offroad/Enduro recommendations

The Latest