Not another 96 McGrath build

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2017 1:27 PM

found a pretty nice 96 on craigslist decided to do a build. Had a fresh top end and clutches. Was a pretty solid bike.

basic mod list
08 showa twin chamber forks
270mm front rotor
scalvani exhaust
38mm air striker carb
did wheels
everything else is pretty basic stuff

when I picked it up
Cr build

took it to clean it up before tearing into it

Cr buildCr buildCr build

got it framed and took to frame to a buddy for sand blast and paint

Cr buildCr buildCr build

I started sending some stuff to powder coat next

Cr buildCr build

hubs came out great but I decided I wanted to do a red chrome like on the new hrc race bikes

Cr build

I didn't like how that came out so we decided to try spectra chrome

Cr buildCr buildCr build

a carbon air box wasnt in the budget so I had the stocker hydro dipped

Cr build

most of the parts finally showed up

Cr build

while parts were coming in I started cleaning up parts

Cr buildCr buildCr buildCr buildCr build

and finally started putting stuff together

Cr buildCr buildCr buildCr buildCr build

Decided to run 08 crf250 forks and revavled them and the shock with race tech stuff

Cr buildCr buildCr buildCr buildCr buildCr buildCr buildCr buildCr buildCr buildCr build

|

7/7/2017 2:33 PM

Nice build man!

|

7/7/2017 3:22 PM

Awesome build!! Love the chrome coating

|

7/7/2017 5:24 PM

Looks really good! Did you have a fun time getting those carburetor hoses to mount onto the carb? They look like the same ones I used and they were just a little too small.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

7/7/2017 6:46 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

Looks really good! Did you have a fun time getting those carburetor hoses to mount onto the carb? They look like the same ones I used and they were just a little too small.

Thanks guys, haha yeah those carb lines sucked to get on

|

7/7/2017 9:10 PM

Damn killer job mate!

|

7/9/2017 2:21 AM

Cracking looking, love the red chrome

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

7/9/2017 5:19 AM

Very awesome!

|

7/9/2017 9:32 AM

Super clean, congratulations! Curious about the "hydro dipped" airbox; If this is going to be a bike that's ridden, how does it hold up? Cost? Etcetera...Thanks for your information and congrats again

|

7/10/2017 11:30 AM

How much did it cost you to have the airbox hydro dipped?

|

7/10/2017 11:51 AM

Just curious on a ball park on how much the build cost in total? I have an old 82' XR500 I would love to do a restore on, especially after seeing an old bike turn out like this one. Great job man looks so good!

|

7/10/2017 12:51 PM

looks killer!

|

7/10/2017 12:53 PM

crc245 wrote:

Super clean, congratulations! Curious about the "hydro dipped" airbox; If this is going to be a bike that's ridden, how does it hold up? Cost? Etcetera...Thanks for your information and congrats again

Thanks guys, it cost 100 to get done and they clear coat over the top of it so far it's holding up great. The guy said he could do a cerakote clear that would be way stronger for 120 but I didn't plan on riding the bike a ton.

|

7/10/2017 12:54 PM

eilers434 wrote:

Just curious on a ball park on how much the build cost in total? I have an old 82' XR500 I would love to do a restore on, especially after seeing an old bike turn out like this one. Great job man looks so good!

Iv got around 5500 in it with the bike. I picked it up for 1100.

|

7/13/2017 5:39 PM

Nice job!!!!! Love the spring and hubs and everything around them from fender to fender...

|

7/14/2017 5:53 PM

wow turned out great!!!!

whats up with the rear disc guard? wanted to keep that 1 part oem on it? hahah just ball busting

|

7/14/2017 7:02 PM

ed921reyes wrote:

wow turned out great!!!!

whats up with the rear disc guard? wanted to keep that 1 part oem on it? hahah just ball busting

Haha there's a few things I haven't done yet. It's got a sweet red tusk brake res cap too

|

7/20/2017 8:02 AM

Great job man!! Turned out awesome!

|

10/2/2017 9:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2017 9:11 AM

Where did you get the clutch cover? And beside the forks what else did you have to make it work with the stock hub?

|

Instagram @factoryfarley25