My 1995 CR250 Build

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2019 8:21 PM

I still have a few small things to do but its pretty much done. The first photo is what I had to work with at the start. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/1/2019 8:25 PM

Great work. Details?
Motor work?
Suspension?
How did you get the tank so white?

|

1/1/2019 8:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2019 8:34 PM

Stock Motor, all new seals, bearings, ect. Numerous hours scrubbing the cases.
Boysen Rad Valve
FMF Exhaust
Lectron Carb

Suspension was sent off to Factory Connection. Forks are from an 01 CR250. Applied Triple clamps. Renthal Twin wall Bars. The shock is the stock 95 with revalve.

The wheels are from Faster USA.

I did scrub the crap out the tank but most of what you are seeing is graphics on top of the tank.

Every bearing, seal, and most of the bolts were replaced.

It runs excellent but I'm still missing the head stays so I haven't got to ride it yet.

|

1/2/2019 8:06 AM

Fine job! I like the 95 colors.....those head stays are just flat aluminum, easily made if you had to.

|

1/2/2019 1:35 PM

beautiful bike. I have a 95 myself. Where did you source your graphics from?

|

1/2/2019 3:50 PM

2stroked wrote:

beautiful bike. I have a 95 myself. Where did you source your graphics from?

I ordered them from a place called EVO MX in Europe. They are no longer allowed to sell Honda labeled products so you probable can't get them from there any more. There is also a guy in Florida that you can find on Facebook by the name of Anthony's EVO MX that makes replica graphics and seat covers.

|

1/2/2019 4:09 PM

Looks badass!!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/2/2019 5:04 PM

Holy crap...nice job!

|

1/2/2019 5:23 PM

Deeeeewd! That is killer! Love the resto-mod look, with using just a perfect amount of purple to identify as a '95! We have very similar tastes....check out my '94 CR250 I had back in the day also with all white plastic and OEM style grapics. I wanted to be a little different and went with the red Excel rims. What is your plans with it? Is it going to be a racer? Awesome job!

Photo

|

1/2/2019 6:37 PM

mxracer106 wrote:

Deeeeewd! That is killer! Love the resto-mod look, with using just a perfect amount of purple to identify as a '95! We have very similar tastes....check out my '94 CR250 I had back in the day also with all white plastic and OEM style grapics. I wanted to be a little different and went with the red Excel rims. What is your plans with it? Is it going to be a racer? Awesome job!

Photo

Yea yours is killer. I wanted to keep a stockish look but be slightly different than most builds.

|

1/3/2019 9:06 AM

nice job .....looks awesome!

|

1/3/2019 7:45 PM

Mark_Lynch wrote:

nice job .....looks awesome!

Thank You!

|

1/4/2019 4:58 AM

Golly...that thing is slick.

|

1/4/2019 6:37 AM

WOW ! Beautiful bike. Great job on the resto..

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

1/4/2019 7:09 AM

Looby321 wrote:

Golly...that thing is slick.

Thank you

|

1/4/2019 7:10 AM

H4L wrote:

WOW ! Beautiful bike. Great job on the resto..

Thank You

|

1/5/2019 9:45 AM

HPF91X wrote:

Boysen Rad Valve
FMF Exhaust
Lectron Carb

Suspension was sent off to Factory Connection. Forks are from an 01 CR250. Applied Triple clamps. Renthal Twin wall Bars. The shock is the stock 95 with revalve.

I did scrub the crap out the tank but most of what you are seeing is graphics on top of the tank.

It runs excellent but I'm still missing the head stays so I haven't got to ride it yet.

Nice build!! Are the clamps from an 01 or custom order?

|

1/11/2019 9:03 PM

For me your bike looks as good as any current motocrosser. Great job.

I’m restoring a 95 also. I have refinished the swingarm so I am down to the bare aluminum. What is the popular finish. Yours looks painted. Rattle can or gun? Color you used and was it a single stage.

The bare aluminum looks great but I’m concerned over appearance over time in addition it looks too shiny for me.

Photo

Appreciate any direction on a finish for it.

|

1/13/2019 9:22 AM

TooOld4WFO wrote:

For me your bike looks as good as any current motocrosser. Great job.

I’m restoring a 95 also. I have refinished the swingarm so I am down to the bare aluminum. What is the popular finish. Yours looks painted. Rattle can or gun? Color you used and was it a single stage.

The bare aluminum looks great but I’m concerned over appearance over time in addition it looks too shiny for me.

Photo

Appreciate any direction on a finish for it.

Mine is powder coated. There were road rash marks, dents, and dings in the metal. I didn't want to spend the time to try to get all of the imperfections out so I had it coated. The coating is fairly thick and filled most of the dents and gouges. My bike will be ridden so I wasn't overly concerned about it being perfect.

|

1/13/2019 9:23 AM

HPF91X wrote:

Boysen Rad Valve
FMF Exhaust
Lectron Carb

Mx746 wrote:

Nice build!! Are the clamps from an 01 or custom order?

The clamps are for an 01 and I bought them from Applied Racing.

|