Much anticipated 04 cr 250 build!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2018 5:14 AM

Hey guys ! it's been years since I've raced Moto . I'm 28years old now, but when I graduated I had a kid not long after so I got out of racing at about 18 and raced on and off prior since I was 4. since I finally got a little spare change (3 kids riding now)and a little spare time, I ended up with a sweet CR250 for 1800 bucks. Im so excited i cant sleep at night lol I got some gear from an old buddy and I have been riding around in the woods but boy did I forget how bad arm pump sucks haha. If anyone happens to have any parts laying around that will make this thing better or any tips on setup please chime in.

|

5/4/2018 5:15 AM

Photo
|

5/4/2018 5:16 AM

Codi_Bradley wrote: Photo

Here she is

|

5/4/2018 6:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2018 6:18 AM

If you will sell the ignition cover I will buy it and send you the stock one..? blakebramble@gmail.com

Stock carb is very finicky to setup. Swap it with a Keihin PWK or a Lectron (i got my pwk from JD jetting)

MX bonz makes an airbox seal kit or you can just reseal it with black weather strip adhesive (you use black adhesive with the kit or just resealing).

Make sure power valve cables are adjusted properly.

Hydraulic clutch is nice but not completely necessary.. If you want to one finger it than thats the answer.

|

5/4/2018 2:56 PM

Haha it has the keihin carb swap already. Any particular hyd clutch ? Best bang for your buck? Thanks for the input

|

5/4/2018 3:36 PM

Hondas4Life3 wrote:

If you will sell the ignition cover I will buy it and send you the stock one..? blakebramble@gmail.com

Stock carb is very finicky to setup. Swap it with a Keihin PWK or a Lectron (i got my pwk from JD jetting)

MX bonz makes an airbox seal kit or you can just reseal it with black weather strip adhesive (you use black adhesive with the kit or just resealing).

Make sure power valve cables are adjusted properly.

Hydraulic clutch is nice but not completely necessary.. If you want to one finger it than thats the answer.

Sry. I didnt realize i had to click quote to reply. First time posting on the forum

|

6/5/2018 10:39 PM

nice bike. sounds like my story didnt start back in till i was late 20's job, kid etc haha.

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti