Kx 125 engine into kx250f frame

Hey guys I came across two different potentially really good deals in my area. One is a 125 in a box and the other is a 250f for parts. Has anybody done this? Is it worth while? What kind of work is. Involved? Looking for any advice/input really.
|
Stevehrc
12/28/2018 1:32am
Hey guys I came across two different potentially really good deals in my area. One is a 125 in a box and the other is a...
Hey guys I came across two different potentially really good deals in my area. One is a 125 in a box and the other is a 250f for parts. Has anybody done this? Is it worth while? What kind of work is. Involved? Looking for any advice/input really.
Off the top of my head you would have to remake cradle or Y piece on the frame, engine mounts, cylinder head mounts, blank fuel tank hole if its efi, fit petcock, maybe some brackets for cdi/coil ect. Maybe some radiator mods, Maybe some mods to line carb up with air box aswell. Either way It requires a lot of fabrication work, skills and knowledge. If your asking what needs to be done I'd suggest not doing it yourself. Unless you're paying someone to do the fab work.

I'd suggest just build the 125 in a box.
cmotodad
12/28/2018 7:07pm
What year KX259F chassis? All the mods listed above will need to be done. I have a 2005 KX250f with a KX500 motor. The steel chassis of the 2005 is great and the 500 makes it fun to ride.

Post a reply to: Kx 125 engine into kx250f frame

The Latest